• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Panasonic brand not back, but how about Mitsubishi Electric ? Daikin is very exp... I like Mitsubishi because Singapore home got a system 2, not bad very quiet. Any recommendation here will be very much appreciated ....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Panasonic brand not back, but how about Mitsubishi Electric ? Daikin is very exp... I like Mitsubishi because Singapore home got a system 2, not bad very quiet. Any recommendation here will be very much appreciated ....

All three are quite solid brand but this is only half the story. The other half is the skill of the workers installing them and the company's response to warranty issue.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prices are quite close.
Gas R22 is going to phase out or replaced by Gas R410.
Some aircon models look lame/cheapo.
If u have false ceiling, and aircon piling is running on top of it.. better to choose 1.5 thickness for the insulation, instead of using their default (free). Of coz have to pay more.
Thickness of copper piping, concealments, all about money.

samsunng

Going to start my renovation soon , will be extending my balcony with concrete wall & ceiling slab with window , build kitchen wall , carpark tiles extension , s/steel main gate with auto arm , external wall with granite tiles , new sliding entrance door , minor electrical work , sink & hob concerete support. Total price around $75000 quoted by my contractor. no include painting / aircon / grille yet.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The open yard can be covered with polycarbonate so as to increase covered area and shelter the wet kitchen. If for own stay I think it is very worth the cost.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
With today's market sentiment, I would suggest don't buy off the plan. It's not a small commitment, so if you want to commit you will want to make sure the house is what you expected. Buying off the plan runs a risk of the product not meeting your expectation. End up spend money and buy unhappiness.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
With today's market sentiment, I would suggest don't buy off the plan. It's not a small commitment, so if you want to commit you will want to make sure the house is what you expected. Buying off the plan runs a risk of the product not meeting your expectation. End up spend money and buy unhappiness.

Are you saying is better to buy ready built property?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Buy a property that is already built. In this way, you buy what you see, not just the quality but also the actual neighbourhood. Especially in today's market and hearing all those horror stories from people buying off the plan.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Buy a property that is already built. In this way, you buy what you see, not just the quality but also the actual neighbourhood. Especially in today's market and hearing all those horror stories from people buying off the plan.

I agree with you if it is for own stay. For investment wise, it is not feasible because you need to pay around 30% more compare to the unbuilt units especially at good location.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

For landed, buying off the plan from reputable developer is fine due to the savings. Just be prepared to spend another $10k+ RM to rectify some minor problems yourself. For condos, I think now it makes sense to buy when they are completed as common areas are difficult to rectify and prices are not going up any time soon.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good news for properties in that area. Landed property prices are still doing relatively well.

Aeon's mega multi-storey carpark should be completed by Q3 2015, but there are still works on other parts. I'm quite curious what Aeon is upgrading in those areas.

Nice knowing the landed property prices around Tebrau City has not been directly affected by the oversupply of houses in Iskandar Malaysia !!!

Since AEON already have carparks (both above and under ground), why are they still building multi-storey car park and it is a big carpark.
http://southerncorridormalaysia.com/
http://southerncorridormalaysia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/wpid-tebrau22_wm_wm.jpg.jpeg

Anyone know of the plan or news about the development there ?

Also the IKEA story has been frozen for years and no news that they will build anything sooner ...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new carpark is probably double the capacity of existing carpark. It would make sense to convert the underground carpark to new shops or eateries. The ramp is a very good way to reduce jam.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new Aeon carpark is now operational but the jam at the old carpark exit was bad yesterday afternoon. Hopefully the new ramp can be operational soon to ease the jam. More shops, eateries and hotels have opened at the new shoplots at Desa Tebrau. The place is more vibrant now but vehicular traffic was 10-20% heavier compared to 2 years ago. The good thing is Pandan bridge traffic is now as smooth as butter :smile:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new Aeon carpark is now operational but the jam at the old carpark exit was bad yesterday afternoon. Hopefully the new ramp can be operational soon to ease the jam. More shops, eateries and hotels have opened at the new shoplots at Desa Tebrau. The place is more vibrant now but vehicular traffic was 10-20% heavier compared to 2 years ago. The good thing is Pandan bridge traffic is now as smooth as butter :smile:

The new expanded pandan bridge really help a lot. I was at AEON yesterday too. It is pulling crowd like a magnet.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new expanded pandan bridge really help a lot. I was at AEON yesterday too. It is pulling crowd like a magnet.

I was there too and entered the new car park, a bit blur and signboards were not that prominent, people looking around for the entrance to the AEON shopping mall when alighted from the car park. The new car park was rather empty while the old car parks were partially in use.

Did some shopping in AEON, not all items are cheap, got to look out for those with discount then worth to buy, some items can be expensive as compare to Singapore shops. Eagerly looking forward for more happenings.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was there too and entered the new car park, a bit blur and signboards were not that prominent, people looking around for the entrance to the AEON shopping mall when alighted from the car park. The new car park was rather empty while the old car parks were partially in use.

Did some shopping in AEON, not all items are cheap, got to look out for those with discount then worth to buy, some items can be expensive as compare to Singapore shops. Eagerly looking forward for more happenings.

I usually go for food in JB, which are usually cheaper and of better quality. The GST and general inflation have eroded much of the cost savings in JB for light weekend shopping. Things could get worse after the Aug new levy by JB. I wonder how the locals cope :eek: