• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worry. Once it is completed later, your Desa Tebrau house will be inflated further!

Haha, thanks. I'm now not too concerned about the house. I'm quite preoccupied with other things...

By the way, this is just a platform to share information so please don't take things too seriously and refrain from flame wars :smile:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, thanks. I'm now not too concerned about the house. I'm quite preoccupied with other things...

By the way, this is just a platform to share information so please don't take things too seriously and refrain from flame wars :smile:

Yup, that is what i did, sharing information. However, some people here just cannot accept facts mentioned. Can't blame me for that, right?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Pandan bridge upgrade was almost completed, leaving only the road surfacing. It should be done around April 2015. The road divider before this stretch was freshly planted with shrubs. Good to see enhancements there. Traffic should be quite smooth after the bridge expansion.

On the other hand, the Pasir Gudang Highway upgrade was gone case. The contractor had over-stretched its resources to upgrade entire stretch all at once and could not cope. Some parts were clearly abandoned and one part required expansion of a bridge.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Pandan bridge upgrade was almost completed, leaving only the road surfacing. It should be done around April 2015. The road divider before this stretch was freshly planted with shrubs. Good to see enhancements there. Traffic should be quite smooth after the bridge expansion.

On the other hand, the Pasir Gudang Highway upgrade was gone case. The contractor had over-stretched its resources to upgrade entire stretch all at once and could not cope. Some parts were clearly abandoned and one part required expansion of a bridge.

Thumbs up for the Pandan Bridge upgrading. Other than Pasir Gudang, the next obvious bottleneck project should be to erect a flyer at the cross junction connecting Johor Jaya to Jusco Tebrau, and Tebrau Highway to Taman Gaya. With the rapid growth in population over the past 3 years, it's getting quite jammed there too.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thumbs up for the Pandan Bridge upgrading. Other than Pasir Gudang, the next obvious bottleneck project should be to erect a flyer at the cross junction connecting Johor Jaya to Jusco Tebrau, and Tebrau Highway to Taman Gaya. With the rapid growth in population over the past 3 years, it's getting quite jammed there too.

The improvement of traffic at this area will be a boost to the housing area at Ulu Tiram, eg. Taman Bestari Indah.

desafolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi : any one here can suggest the type of ceiling fan for my unit with high ceiling (hall and family hall). My electrical contractor told me I can only use KDK three blade type without remote controll due to the high ceiling, the five blades type dont have the extension(need 1.5 meter of extension pipe). This KDK fan will look like the coffee shop fan. Wellcome suggestion please.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi : any one here can suggest the type of ceiling fan for my unit with high ceiling (hall and family hall). My electrical contractor told me I can only use KDK three blade type without remote controll due to the high ceiling, the five blades type dont have the extension(need 1.5 meter of extension pipe). This KDK fan will look like the coffee shop fan. Wellcome suggestion please.

You can customise the fan rod extension and have more choices of brands and designs. Bring your original fan rod to Elmark in Singapore and they will customise according to your preference (length and color). Generally the lower the fan the stronger is the breeze, but it will make your living room look like coffee shop and the installer will have to balance the blades using small metal weights to prevent wobbling (most fans will wobble due to manufacturing imperfection if the rod is extended). Go for the largest diameter fan (56") you can find due to large living room volume and avoid metal blades to prevent corrosion. Also do not position your lights to close to the fan to avoid strobing effect. IIRC KDK = Panasonic in Malaysia.

desafolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can customise the fan rod extension and have more choices of brands and designs. Bring your original fan rod to Elmark in Singapore and they will customise according to your preference (length and color). Generally the lower the fan the stronger is the breeze, but it will make your living room look like coffee shop and the installer will have to balance the blades using small metal weights to prevent wobbling (most fans will wobble due to manufacturing imperfection if the rod is extended). Go for the largest diameter fan (56") you can find due to large living room volume and avoid metal blades to prevent corrosion. Also do not position your lights to close to the fan to avoid strobing effect. IIRC KDK = Panasonic in Malaysia.

Thanks FHBH12 for the good info.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

But make sure your fans are not installed below any light source, otherwise you'll get irritating moving shadow cast by the fan's moving blades!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The improvement of traffic at this area will be a boost to the housing area at Ulu Tiram, eg. Taman Bestari Indah.

Contrary to previous post from forumers who said that the Pandan Bridge upgrading would take many long years, I am pleased to say that the direction from Tebrau to town has been fully completed (save for lane markings), while the direction from town to Pandan is also v close to completion.

Original deadline was Dec 14, and it is more or less completed in Mid to end March 15, so I think the contractor deserves a pat for only 3 months delay. The clever decision to shift the road lanes instead of building 2 separate bridges was critical.

The road alignment from Tebrau to Town is a bit weird though, and the lane changes direction quite abruptly, so I am not sure if the jam will persist. Guess I will know when I pass by the area this afternoon.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drove past the bridge yesterday but it was not fully open as the surfacing work towards Aeon Tebrau was still in progress. It should be fully open by end of this month.

desafolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi me again, I am still waiting for Plentitude to complete the minor defects rectification since dec 14. It seem plentitude goes on slow gear to rectify these simple defects. Any one here face the similar problem can share on how to get them to speed up the repair . Best regards

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi me again, I am still waiting for Plentitude to complete the minor defects rectification since dec 14. It seem plentitude goes on slow gear to rectify these simple defects. Any one here face the similar problem can share on how to get them to speed up the repair . Best regards

Talk directly to site supervisor should help.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone !
I just received renovation quotation fm a contractor. I need your advise abt the quotation:
1) Aircon the whole unit include wiring & piping. Panasonic brand. Not inverter. Living hall, ground floor room, 2nd floor all 3rms & hall. Total 6units. RM14,650
2) whole unit grilled RM5,900
3) painting RM4,800

Is it the right price coz I find it on high price?

I get 3 contractors to quote. Only one came back to me yesterday . Took a month .... and the rests missing. Maybe my renovation very basic?

Hi : I had finally settled with one reno contractor- GHeng reno, I am impressed by the co-ordinator Mr Lim who is very hard working and very responsive, he is always at the site supervising and every now and than keep me posted on watsapp with pictures. Price is reasonable as I had obtained three quotes from difference reno co. The co has its own factories for iron works, glass works as well as wood works at Ulu Tiram . One draw back is they want you to buy your own floor tiles materials.. which was difficult for me as I do not know JB building material supplier.

Price for aircond 6 units include piping, powerpoints RM 15k
Price for iron grill -whole house, casement window for wet kitchen, kitchen cabinet, three light boxes, sliding glass door, painting - RM 21 k

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
6 aircon 15k, iron grill 21k. hmmm. sounds expensive.

maybe is ceiling-mounted cassette type or big capacity. but if small horse power, than is ex.:p

btw, i got study one hor.. cassette one looks neat and easy to clean.:biggrin:

Last edited:

samsunng

can try to find some one or neighbour that have similar issue & group up to complain to the developer together , or petition together , it may help. Or talk to your committee for help