• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you everyone for yr valuable tips on termites. I almost wanted to gv up this Ppty . After reading all yr mesgs, I have confident to handle these pests. Once again. Thank you

Pests (termites, ants, cockroaches etc) are part and parcel of landed properties, unless you have a full-time helper or owner thoroughly cleaning and checking on the house everyday.

Desa Tebrau has land reserved for more commercial elements and the main developer Plenitude is controlling the development of the area and careful release of housing supply, so its potential is not fully developed yet.

Selling now is too early (the RPGT still applies), at least wait until RTS is announced in 1-2 years' time. I will be holding on to mine until I expire.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pests (termites, ants, cockroaches etc) are part and parcel of landed properties, unless you have a full-time helper or owner thoroughly cleaning and checking on the house everyday.

Desa Tebrau has land reserved for more commercial elements and the main developer Plenitude is controlling the development of the area and careful release of housing supply, so its potential is not fully developed yet.

Selling now is too early (the RPGT still applies), at least wait until RTS is announced in 1-2 years' time. I will be holding on to mine until I expire.

You using your house as holiday home and retired already? Just curious, every time you go back, what do you do in your house?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You using your house as holiday home and retired already? Just curious, every time you go back, what do you do in your house?

Pest Buster! LOL!

Landed living really is quite different. Now even got centipedes which I make sure must kill whenever I see them wriggling across the floor. Baby centipedes also "bu fang guo"!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pest Buster! LOL!Landed living really is quite different. Now even got centipedes which I make sure must kill whenever I see them wriggling across the floor. Baby centipedes also "bu fang guo"!
Try this method. Baygon cockroach killer. It is different from normal mosquito spray. It is oil based and leave a residue on the floor which will last as long as water don't wash it off. All you need is to spray across the door way and even lizards will not cross.

Teckwhyefolk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Compare with near by estate, Desa Tebrau estate is not very well managed, developer has rooms to improve:- surroundings are not well kept, rubbish can be seen dumped at the empty plot of land, broken toilet bowl place along road side, way side trees that fall were not upright and let it grow in the horizontal way , eatery areas are messy with cars double parks and some parked along the roadside jammed up the traffic flow. potholes on the road surface can be seem especially along the roads between aeron and Tesco. The potential can be realized if efforts are put in to upkeep the complete estate. Too liberal will make the estate run down like the estate across the main road.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Compare with near by estate, Desa Tebrau estate is not very well managed, developer has rooms to improve:- surroundings are not well kept, rubbish can be seen dumped at the empty plot of land, broken toilet bowl place along road side, way side trees that fall were not upright and let it grow in the horizontal way , eatery areas are messy with cars double parks and some parked along the roadside jammed up the traffic flow. potholes on the road surface can be seem especially along the roads between aeron and Tesco. The potential can be realized if efforts are put in to upkeep the complete estate. Too liberal will make the estate run down like the estate across the main road.

Overall it is okay to me as my expectations are not high, but some areas can definitely be improved. It might be better for the developer to set up a section to provide better estate maintenance as its manpower is quite lean at the office.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overall it is okay to me as my expectations are not high, but some areas can definitely be improved. It might be better for the developer to set up a section to provide better estate maintenance as its manpower is quite lean at the office.

Desa Tebrau is just being overated. In my opinion, Bandar Dato Onn easily beat Desa Tebrau in term of environment and location. Lots of greenery, near to highway and aeon jusco will be there too. I think plenitude is one company that hate trees.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desa Tebrau is just being overated. In my opinion, Bandar Dato Onn easily beat Desa Tebrau in term of environment and location. Lots of greenery, near to highway and aeon jusco will be there too. I think plenitude is one company that hate trees.

Indeed it is a rather strange developer that doesn't like trees and landscaping. I haven't been to BDO for a long time.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Desa Tebrau is nearer to cheap groceries/hawkers in Johor Jaya, nice restaurants in Mount Austin, and mega malls in Aeon Tebrau, Tesco, future Ikea. It's a gd, safe choice.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese taman usually lok lok after a few yrs. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

taman laguna also lok lok already..
some 2-3 yrs tamans also start to lok lok in a fast rate..:p

BTW, BDO got new precinct coming..with many locals around the tebrau area. the malls are safe..

nowsaday, taman daya area very clowded, small roads jam as well..with setia eco, seri austin and other new comers...omg! :biggrin:

once again....wahahaha...:p

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese taman usually lok lok after a few yrs. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

taman laguna also lok lok already..
some 2-3 yrs tamans also start to lok lok in a fast rate..:p

BTW, BDO got new precinct coming..with many locals around the tebrau area. the malls are safe..

nowsaday, taman daya area very clowded, small roads jam as well..with setia eco, seri austin and other new comers...omg! :biggrin:

once again....wahahaha...:p

Taman Daya crowded also good.....waiting for KSL@Daya to be completed. :biggrin:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desa Tebrau is nearer to cheap groceries/hawkers in Johor Jaya, nice restaurants in Mount Austin, and mega malls in Aeon Tebrau, Tesco, future Ikea. It's a gd, safe choice.

Desa Tebrau is simply overcrowded. BDO is safer compared to Desa Tebrau. Near BDO also plenty of restaurants at adda height. Addition a wonderful park.....greenery.... FYI, BDO is the only g&g that offer basketball court and indoor badminton hall to their residents. Superb...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desa Tebrau is simply overcrowded. BDO is safer compared to Desa Tebrau. Near BDO also plenty of restaurants at adda height. Addition a wonderful park.....greenery.... FYI, BDO is the only g&g that offer basketball court and indoor badminton hall to their residents. Superb...

If there is no overcrowding, then I worry :biggrin:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is no overcrowding, then I worry :biggrin:

Overcrowding is good? That is a good self consolation. Traffic jam everywhere before reaching or going out from Desa Tebrau. Quite a nightmare actually. Roads are not all maintain, rubbish here and there, trees dying, illegal parking everywhere....crime rate are going up in that area too. So you still think overcrowding is good?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overcrowding is good? That is a good self consolation. Traffic jam everywhere before reaching or going out from Desa Tebrau. Quite a nightmare actually. Roads are not all maintain, rubbish here and there, trees dying, illegal parking everywhere....crime rate are going up in that area too. So you still think overcrowding is good?

Overcrowding is good in JB's context i.e. it is a good problem :p

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overcrowding is good in JB's context i.e. it is a good problem :p

Well, maybe it is good because you have already invested in that area. Sort of like syiok sendiri. Once IKEA open next time, the situation there is going to get worst. I knew many wanted to sell their units there too.