• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotels r not so big and anyway, need to clean up and touch up as u say so might as well stay there...

Did u rent out your 2 houses? Renovation all done?

Your memory is good. I have rented out one and keeping the other for own use.

Usually a tenanted house is not so well maintained by the tenant so it is better to give it a touch up even if you are not renting it out.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your memory is good. I have rented out one and keeping the other for own use.

Usually a tenanted house is not so well maintained by the tenant so it is better to give it a touch up even if you are not renting it out.

Can share which one you rented out and for how much? Or can pm me?

desafolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Termites Appear in Phase 9E unit.

There seems to have white ants in these areas, my friend's new wall mounted furniture have to remove due to white ants attacked. It seems like the termites were able to move from the ground conduit into the house. Any suggestion on some DIY to prevent the termite from visiting the house ?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

There seems to have white ants in these areas, my friend's new wall mounted furniture have to remove due to white ants attacked. It seems like the termites were able to move from the ground conduit into the house. Any suggestion on some DIY to prevent the termite from visiting the house ?

You should have received termite free certification from your developer, think got warranty period one.

I have regiment of ants around my house. :p

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

We can have pangolins in the neighbourhood.

biwbr9.jpg

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those pple still keep the public trees outside the meter box, be careful . On March 2016, I saw white ants building its nests inside the bottom of the tree trunk, I hv to remove the whole tree n poured white termite chemical on it. 2wks ago, my neighbour's tree also attacked by white ants. It is v worrying so many white ants in this estate. I hv so many wooden furniture n this is my weekend home. Sign!

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those pple still keep the public trees outside the meter box, be careful . On March 2016, I saw white ants building its nests inside the bottom of the tree trunk, I hv to remove the whole tree n poured white termite chemical on it. 2wks ago, my neighbour's tree also attacked by white ants. It is v worrying so many white ants in this estate. I hv so many wooden furniture n this is my weekend home. Sign!

JB has many plantations, so it is a matter of time to get termite infestations unless you implement some control measures in the appended link below. In SG a few of my friends' (landed) houses were also infected and their trees, furniture and wooden decking were all hollowed out.

How to Get Rid of Termites
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Termites

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB has many plantations, so it is a matter of time to get termite infestations unless you implement some control measures in the appended link below. In SG a few of my friends' (landed) houses were also infected and their trees, furniture and wooden decking were all hollowed out.

How to Get Rid of Termites
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Termites

Actually condo can also kena. My brother lived in Parc Oasis and his condo unit also have termite problem. After cleaned out the place they shortly sold and moved out.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually condo can also kena. My brother lived in Parc Oasis and his condo unit also have termite problem. After cleaned out the place they shortly sold and moved out.

If condo kena it's introduced to the unit by people bringing in infested furniture etc. In landed, the termites come from the ground below, especially ex plantation land. You can pay some terminators to have regular termination session in your house if yours has persistent termite problems.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If condo kena it's introduced to the unit by people bringing in infested furniture etc. In landed, the termites come from the ground below, especially ex plantation land. You can pay some terminators to have regular termination session in your house if yours has persistent termite problems.
I share with you guys a sure, proven method which I use even today in my homes.Kerosene. It is hard to find these days but if you can find it good. Fill up a mineral bottle with it and poke a hole on the cap. Squeeze the kerosene at all joints where the timber meet the floor or wall. The timber will absorb the kerosene into it and remain there forever. Termite hates it. Any termite come contact with kerosene will die instantly. Much much more effective than Ridsect. Cheap and good.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share with you guys a sure, proven method which I use even today in my homes.Kerosene. It is hard to find these days but if you can find it good. Fill up a mineral bottle with it and poke a hole on the cap. Squeeze the kerosene at all joints where the timber meet the floor or wall. The timber will absorb the kerosene into it and remain there forever. Termite hates it. Any termite come contact with kerosene will die instantly. Much much more effective than Ridsect. Cheap and good.

Man that is so cool!

Does it work on normal ants? Always got trails of them getting inside the house.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pest busters will hate you for breaking their rice bowl.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you everyone for yr valuable tips on termites. I almost wanted to gv up this Ppty . After reading all yr mesgs, I have confident to handle these pests. Once again. Thank you