• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Molek/Johor Jaya

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Easy to go from 1st link. Exit EDL at Pasar Borong something, make a U-turn at the first available U-turn, turn left and you are at Taman Redang/Molek area. There's no traffic light from 1st link to Taman Redang.

Actually my family has 3 properties in the area. 1 single storey terrace that we are going to rent out, Molek Haven which we intend to move in soon, and another property that we plan to flip/rent upon TOP. Yah, I feel I need to diversify too........haha
thanks!
3 properties.. wow. what is the rent for the single storey house asking?

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I said many times why we should not underestimate the buying power of the locals....... haha. This is a bit like JB's version of the old CCR area where many prominent businessmen stay, like Pekin Restaurant Boss etc...

is the place made "atas" by the high number of Japanese expats/nationals? I remember having visited a friend of my parents who is staying at Impian Molek. Very big bungalow and very nice interior design/landscaping. EL style

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
is the place made "atas" by the high number of Japanese expats/nationals? I remember having visited a friend of my parents who is staying at Impian Molek. Very big bungalow and very nice interior design/landscaping. EL style

Actually I dont really see a lot of Jap expats. They probably keep to themselves in Molek Pine, visit Jap restaurants etc... The 'atas' comes primarily from (a) Redang Villa (e.g. Pekin boss's house is in there) and Taman Ponderosa bungalows (local towkays) and (b) the high concentration of banks/financial insitutions in Taman Molek. Cos Kuok Bros got 'connections' mah....

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seemed like many orang kaya locals buying molek regency, nice layout n toilets big big. but -ve pt is outside e condo.

there'll be road build going out to pelangi(big mall)from ponderosa (hungry again), so price may up in e future..:biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seemed like many orang kaya locals buying molek regency, nice layout n toilets big big. but -ve pt is outside e condo.

there'll be road build going out to pelangi(big mall)from ponderosa (hungry again), so price may up in e future..:biggrin:

tebrau and pasir gudang "highway" should be upgraded to 3 lane.. now the traffic along these two is horrible.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I dont really see a lot of Jap expats. They probably keep to themselves in Molek Pine, visit Jap restaurants etc... The 'atas' comes primarily from (a) Redang Villa (e.g. Pekin boss's house is in there) and Taman Ponderosa bungalows (local towkays) and (b) the high concentration of banks/financial insitutions in Taman Molek. Cos Kuok Bros got 'connections' mah....

hi REDSYNWA, any comment on molek regency in terms of location? accoridng to the map in below link, it is next to taman redang, and facing ponderosa golf resort

http://molekregency.com.my

2 bedders sold out, 3 bedders >1m - left studios.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi REDSYNWA, any comment on molek regency in terms of location? accoridng to the map in below link, it is next to taman redang, and facing ponderosa golf resort

http://molekregency.com.my

2 bedders sold out, 3 bedders >1m - left studios.

while waiting redynwa post (i think he busy preparing for this evening 7.45PM) let me quickly say that the location is facing high tension cable.
someone correct me if i'm wrong.
but that area itself (next to redang) is consider high class place by local people.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
while waiting redynwa post (i think he busy preparing for this evening 7.45PM) let me quickly say that the location is facing high tension cable.
but that area itself (next to redang) is consider high class place by local people.

anything big thing going on at 7.45? hmm high tension cable. Was told the studio is facing Molek View shophouse - but at high floor so shouldnt be facing the shophouse

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
anything big thing going on at 7.45? hmm high tension cable. Was told the studio is facing Molek View shophouse - but at high floor so shouldnt be facing the shophouse

for redsynwa, yes. hahaha. if you dunno then i know what one of your interest ISN'T. so it's not near the HTC?. i saw HTC from the junction of redang/ponderosa.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
for redsynwa, yes. hahaha. if you dunno then i know what one of your interest ISN'T. so it's not near the HTC?. i saw HTC from the junction of redang/ponderosa.

haaa .. my biggest interest is in property and $$. hehe .. HTC? what it stands for ..not the phone brand for sure

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

745 is the biggest thing to hit town this week! Lucky Mignolet saved the day. Back to topic, Molek Regency was 1 of the few projects I did not visit (busy with reno lately) and my interest is not really into condo.

As for condos, generally, you will find that Molek Pines, Molek Pulai and Ponderosa Lakeview may be priced higher than Molek Regency. The reason being the premium attached to the Berinda name, or should I say Kuok Group...

I was quite interested in the Molek view shops, though at RM 2.6m then, it was out of my budget. The project overall may yet do well if the shops can attract some quality tenants, and when RTS, JB Mid-Valley and the proposed Ponderosa Bridge are really built. But I feel you really need to have holding power to wait for the eventual spring which may take a few years to reap significant capital gains.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes the locals consider Taman Molek, Redang and Ponderosa as rather high class (being Kuok Group's developments). Some new semi-d launches in the area also breach the RM 1.5m easily, like Ponderosa Villa, Sunway Lenang Heights and New World Gardens (RM 2.4m!).

My personal favourite development is a little further though in Permas Jaya, Straits View Residence, but its just too exp for a weekend home....... LOL

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
745 is the biggest thing to hit town this week! Lucky Mignolet saved the day. Back to topic, Molek Regency was 1 of the few projects I did not visit (busy with reno lately) and my interest is not really into condo.

As for condos, generally, you will find that Molek Pines, Molek Pulai and Ponderosa Lakeview may be priced higher than Molek Regency. The reason being the premium attached to the Berinda name, or should I say Kuok Group...

I was quite interested in the Molek view shops, though at RM 2.6m then, it was out of my budget. The project overall may yet do well if the shops can attract some quality tenants, and when RTS, JB Mid-Valley and the proposed Ponderosa Bridge are really built. But I feel you really need to have holding power to wait for the eventual spring which may take a few years to reap significant capital gains.

haa ..so i see, EPL. i am one of the rare male species who doesnt watch soccer

Hmm a few years. I will be more likely take the role of a flipper in my next investment so my treasure hunt continues ...

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the locals consider Taman Molek, Redang and Ponderosa as rather high class (being Kuok Group's developments). Some new semi-d launches in the area also breach the RM 1.5m easily, like Ponderosa Villa, Sunway Lenang Heights and New World Gardens (RM 2.4m!).

My personal favourite development is a little further though in Permas Jaya, Straits View Residence, but its just too exp for a weekend home....... LOL

haaa .. victory goes to those who dare to dream! Up the bar ..go for the new 5m Bungalow at Jalan Straits View!