• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Kangaroo Route

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the end of this month, Qantas will stop using Changi airport as a stop-over hub for their flights to London.
Their strategic alliance with Emirates means Dubai will now be used as the hub for their flights between Australia and Europe (London).
Qantas is apparently the second largest airline (by presence) out of Changi so their departure must be a serious blow for Changi's aspirations to be a regional air hub. Moreover, as Malaysia Airlines have joined the One World alliance, how long will it before BA shift their operations to Kuala Lumpur leaving SQ as the only airline with direct flights to London?

Historically, this route has always very profitable to Changi in terms of passenger traffic. Singapore's loss certainly looks to be Dubai's gain.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From the end of this month, Qantas will stop using Changi airport as a stop-over hub for their flights to London.
Their strategic alliance with Emirates means Dubai will now be used as the hub for their flights between Australia and Europe (London).
Qantas is apparently the second largest airline (by presence) out of Changi so their departure must be a serious blow for Changi's aspirations to be a regional air hub. Moreover, as Malaysia Airlines have joined the One World alliance, how long will it before BA shift their operations to Kuala Lumpur leaving SQ as the only airline with direct flights to London?

Historically, this route has always very profitable to Changi in terms of passenger traffic. Singapore's loss certainly looks to be Dubai's gain.

i love it when i see such news..

I hope KL will improve and do better.

and Australia should not give any business to Sinkieland since sinkieland just Hanged its citizen without must consideration..even with the appeal of the aussie prime minister...

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad qantas is out of SIN, it is a shitty airline with old and huge stewardesses who lack the 'asian' touch.
The only think they had for them were the self service snack facility which they also reduced. And their pilots talk too much, always interrupt the IFE.

KLIA used to be in the middle of nowhere, now it is much improved with links to the city and there is also the familiarity with for us singaporeans.

BA is a decent airline, they try hard and sometimes good service. but nothing memorable.

changi will always have value as a hub until KLIA and other regional airports improve. But as of now, our neighbors cannot even reach std of changi's toilets, let alone trump changi which is the best airport in the world outside of icn.

QA wont be missed, for my europe flights, i have plenty of options out of sin,
for oz trips also got plenty of carriers.

so good riddance to QA.

my only request:
MAS, you pls improve your makan can.
you have very pretty minah stewardesses with very good natural service (SQ have robots btw), good baggage allowance, big planes (A380s), decent fair and non stop service out of london to klia. but cb can improve your makan pls. thank you :biggrin:

If you improve, I will take mas rather than EK for euro trips.

I try not to take SQ cos its expensive, their dysfunctional web site must have been done by a tiong urine while he was pcc'ing cos it doesnt work properly . you pay premium price for lousy service and their baggage allowance is not much. but of course makan and punctuality is good la. but the price doesnt justify it for me.

as long as ek flies to changi, i am a happy chappy. cos its my preferred airline.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
dxb is a very fuctional airport. it works and its very international. but it is also a boring airport compared to changi.
dxb got this garden in the middle of the airport but otherwise its quite boring or maybe i transit there too much.

changi has the wow factor, so many things to do airside.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Willkommen Zu Changi-Flughafen

dxb is a very fuctional airport. it works and its very international. but it is also a boring airport compared to changi.

changi has the wow factor, so many things to do airside.

[video=youtube;NXuQnDeIyY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXuQnDeIyY8[/video]

Willkommen Zu Changi-Flughafen

images

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Willkommen Zu Changi-Flughafen

End of the day what matters is outside the terminal. I havent come across anyone who go for holidays and just visit the airport. What matters to me is the airlines and how good the service is. Other than that, there are loads of shopping centres everywhere outside the airport terminals.