• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How We Assess People

jw5

Loyal
The ongoing feud between Fishypie and Alamaking + the gold cup thread started by scroobal which newbie moderator peppertail has presumably put into the trivia folder, has got me thinking about this topic:

How We Assess People.

We can discuss that feud later in the thread, but let me ask you about this comparison first.

Between the forummers with the nicknames Uncle Yap and Leetahbar,

1. Who do you like more?

2. Who do you think makes better contributions to the forum?

I used this as the first comparison because it's so obvious to me. 100% Uncle.
But it may be different for you for various reasons.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shouldn't it be "How we assess Forummers?"

Not many people can differentiate the 2 like you. And that's why you can spot clones better than the rest.

jw5

Loyal
Shouldn't it be "How we assess Forummers?"

Not many people can differentiate the 2 like you. And that's why you can spot clones better than the rest.

The topic of assessing forummers, I addressed somewhat in another previous thread.

http://singsupplies.com/showthread.php?138412-The-Authentic-Forummer

Actually my question 2 addresses how we assess forummers and question 1 addresses how we assess people.

Coincidentally, one of the reasons why I used those 2 as comparison was because you once classified them together as equally "bad".

Would be interested to read your comparison of these 2, both as forummers (forum contributions) and people (your read of their character based on their posts). Thanks.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Coincidentally, one of the reasons why I used those 2 as comparison was because you once classified them together as equally "bad".

Would be interested to read your comparison of these 2, both as forummers (forum contributions) and people (your read of their character based on their posts). Thanks.

Hard to choose between a brainless middle aged anarchist and a deceitful flaming gay. Haven't met them in real life and I hope I never will.

jw5

Loyal
Hard to choose between a brainless middle aged anarchist and a deceitful flaming gay. Haven't met them in real life and I hope I never will.

Ok, no problem. You did post the key word though - deceitful.
I don't agree that the other chap is brainless, but even if he was, it's not his fault.
From his posts, he strikes me as being rather kind actually, but with strange logic.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not judging and i dun wanna judge. it is not very nice to judge people. but...

leetabar makes more sense than uncle yap. his home made video of himself dressing like huang fei hung looks damn obiangly funny.

anyway both have their purposes and that would make this forum more interesting.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
another of your intellectual nonsense
you started a thread before about perception, intent and action
and i told you you got the wrong perception, therefore wrong intent and hence your wrong action

now you want forummers to assess Uncle Yap and LTB
you go and assess yourself lah

always start a thread like this and then end up in flames

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am not a good judge of character, especially if you only get to read their post and not see them personally. So I will pass.
But UY seems a decent guy.

jw5

Loyal
i am not judging and i dun wanna judge. it is not very nice to judge people. but...

leetabar makes more sense than uncle yap. his home made video of himself dressing like huang fei hung looks damn obiangly funny.

anyway both have their purposes and that would make this forum more interesting.

Aiyoh Teekee, for the sake of the world, hope you manage to bring up your kid(s) properly. I worry for them. (the world, not your kids).

But agree with your last sentence that they make the forum interesting.

jw5

Loyal
I am not a good judge of character, especially if you only get to read their post and not see them personally. So I will pass.
But UY seems a decent guy.

UY seems a decent guy to me too, strange but kind....................

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i am terribly poor in judging or assessing characters in cyberspace
i always got them all wrong and got myself in deep shit
i will not pass judgement or form any assessment on any forummer here
...unless...unless...they post something about me which is damned bloody idiotic or insane
then i got the right to reply....the i have no choice but to say something about their utter ignorance or idiocy

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Between the forummers with the nicknames Uncle Yap and Leetahbar,

1. Who do you like more?

2. Who do you think makes better contributions to the forum?

I used this as the first comparison because it's so obvious to me. 100% Uncle.
But it may be different for you for various reasons.

UY may be misguided but one cannot doubt his intent. He does not stir shit amongst forummers or allow himself to be instigated to start a war, like how leetahbar was instigated repeatedly by Ramseth to set spot fires.

UY is no towering intellect and he can be pretty beng-ish especially when confronting the PAP IB types. His writing however is many times the intellectual content of leetahbar.

No comparison at all.

In fact you should compare fishypie to leetahbar. That's a better comparison, and there are striking differences as well as similarities to warrant further analysis.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I like LTB
Simply because many think Kopisai is LTB:smile:
Form Is Emptiness
Emptiness Is Form

hahahahahaa...so funny this type of comparision - just to irritate people.

jw5

Loyal
UY may be misguided but one cannot doubt his intent. He does not stir shit amongst forummers or allow himself to be instigated to start a war, like how leetahbar was instigated repeatedly by Ramseth to set spot fires.

UY is no towering intellect and he can be pretty beng-ish especially when confronting the PAP IB types. His writing however is many times the intellectual content of leetahbar.

No comparison at all.

In fact you should compare fishypie to leetahbar. That's a better comparison, and there are striking differences as well as similarities to warrant further analysis.

Good idea for a later date, but comparing UY to Leetahbar was in my view, much much easier.
I could easily give my own view 100% in the first post.
Wanted to get the discussion going about how we assess forummers' contributions and even their characters, based on their posts.
The comparison between fishypie and leetahbar would need some serious thought, a difficult balancing act, weighing this and that.
kopiuncle vs leetahbar would be interesting too.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Methinks Leetahsar is a figment of Leetahbar's imagination.

my interaction with Bob in the Delphi was more amiable, but as the F4 episode became so long drawn till it's like those feet binding cloth, long and smelly. felt that Bob could be a lil' more forgiving, the others could just cut him some slack :o:o:o

jw5

Loyal
my interaction with Bob in the Delphi was more amiable, but as the F4 episode became so long drawn till it's like those feet binding cloth, long and smelly. felt that Bob could be a lil' more forgiving, the others could just cut him some slack :o:o:o

I don't even remember that much about the F4 episode.
But his posts now - self absorbed and always has this condescending tone. full of bullshit. deceitful would be a good term to summarize.
disgusting too, walking around in red undies.