• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car Rental Enquiry - Europe

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In USA it is possible to rent a car in a city and return it in another city/state. How about in Europe? I'm planning to say rent a car in Munich and return in Copenhagen.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In USA it is possible to rent a car in a city and return it in another city/state. How about in Europe? I'm planning to say rent a car in Munich and return in Copenhagen.

shouldn't be a problem with budget and hertz for "one-way" rentals as that's what they call them in europe. charges are higher than normal if copenhagen is the destination city as denmark is mostly not in what they claim as "participating countries" for major discounts.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by the way, "participating countries" are typically belgium, france, germany, italy, netherlands, spain, switzerland, and uk.

outside of these cuntries, you pay a premium.

following are rental car companies that have 1-way return policies at copenhagen airport (you must return at the airport rental facility):

avis, budget, europcar, hertz, sixt.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you guys so very much for all the input especially eatshitndie. Because I'm flexible in my traveling plan I can plan to stand and end in participating countries/cities no problem.

One more question, established brands like Hertz, Avis etc tend to be expensive especially book directly thru their website, are there any other websites that can book them at a bargain? One forumer, rotikosong, helped me to go Expedia uk website that has good prices for USA bookings.

anyway my trip is for end Sep to mid Oct, start Munich for Octoberfest then proceed to Denmark and Belgium both neighboring Germany.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
expedia uk website also has good deals for european trips. for pickup at munich and drop off at copenhagen, there are 9 classes of vehicles available only from hertz, and prices range from british pound 699 to 1222. mini to full size.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Try this, http://www.eurocheapo.com/cars/ the car rental i used is a local private rental.....:smile:

expedia uk website also has good deals for european trips. for pickup at munich and drop off at copenhagen, there are 9 classes of vehicles available only from hertz, and prices range from british pound 699 to 1222. mini to full size.

Thank you thank you.

Although its still some time away I better plan and book early. Looking for ward to the Oktoberfest, will be my first.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although its still some time away I better plan and book early. Looking for ward to the Oktoberfest, will be my first.

for your info and by the way, the expedia uk prices are for 12 days from monday sep-16 to friday sep-27. oktoberfest starts in september and ends early october. there's a 11pm curfew imposed by the city, and thus all big beer houses and giant tents must close by 11 so the city can go to sleep. :p

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
for your info and by the way, the expedia uk prices are for 12 days from monday sep-16 to friday sep-27. oktoberfest starts in september and ends early october. there's a 11pm curfew imposed by the city, and thus all big beer houses and giant tents must close by 11 so the city can go to sleep. :p

Roger that. Thank you.

My plan is to fly directly into Munich, book into a hotel close to a tent, and stay there for only 4 days 3 nights then move on. So during those days I will only do walking and don't need a car.

Oh I discovered this free book The Octoberfest Insider 2013 to be most informative about this festival and it can be downloaded at http://www.oktoberfest-insider.com/

Aiyo I'm getting excited already.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another point with regards to hiring a car, go for the bigger more established companies. If you encounter any problems during along the way , their support system is much more extensive and comprehensive and they are generally more knowledgable and professional.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Another point with regards to hiring a car, go for the bigger more established companies. If you encounter any problems during along the way , their support system is much more extensive and comprehensive and they are generally more knowledgable and professional.

Thank you sadshishamo. I see your avatar I also feel sad la.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

USA is one country, EU is not one country. In US, when you go to any city and rent a car, it can have many different number plates from different states. They charge a small drop off charge.

In Europe, you can do it too, but you may have a big charge, depending on which country you are dropping off, you better plan your destination and check with the rental company.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.sixt.de/fahrzeugmodelle/

Beispielfahrzeug Porsche Panamera *NAVI*
Karosserie Sportwagen
Getriebe Automatik
Beschränkungen Mindestalter: 25
Führerscheinbesitz in Jahren: 3
Kapazität/Gepäck 4 2 2
Ausstattung Navigationssystem: enthalten
Hinweis: Diese Fahrzeuggruppe kann nur im Rahmen eines Sonderangebotes gebucht werden.

249 euro per day

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally, in 3 days time will be leaving for Oktoberfest. Lots of changes to my plan, finally will be spending 11 days in Germany and 3 days in Brussels. Will be visiting a few scenic towns like

- Mittenwald
- Innsbruck (in Austria)
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Rudesheim am Rhein

I have a couple of questions need help from anyone who can help me

Q1. Is it easy to find parking space in these towns?

Q2. Is there any problem to drive a rental car into Australia and then back into Germany?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally, in 3 days time will be leaving for Oktoberfest. Lots of changes to my plan, finally will be spending 11 days in Germany and 3 days in Brussels. Will be visiting a few scenic towns like

- Mittenwald
- Innsbruck (in Austria)
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber
- Rudesheim am Rhein

I have a couple of questions need help from anyone who can help me

Q1. Is it easy to find parking space in these towns?

Q2. Is there any problem to drive a rental car into Australia and then back into Germany?

1. should be easy. look out for white "p" over blue parking signs. you can also check out the city maps on the respective towns' websites. they will show you where the white p over blue parking zones are.

2. between austria and germany, it should be no problem. between australia and germany however, you need an ocean-cruising rental car. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
1. should be easy. look out for white "p" over blue parking signs. you can also check out the city maps on the respective towns' websites. they will show you where the white p over blue parking zones are.

2. between austria and germany, it should be no problem. between australia and germany however, you need an ocean-cruising rental car. :p

Thanks buddy. Just decided to skip Innsbruk, lloks lke a big city, no meaning so will go to Grainau and Kempten instead.