• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worst place you ever been to

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok Dhaka gives me the shudders, it has the most commando hardcore mozzies ever. :biggrin:

But the worst for me was BKK.

good massages, lovely shopping, nice cheap food and pretty girls galore.

BUT, the first night, I came down with food poisoning and on the 2nd night, my face swelled up due to allergic reactions and on top of that I was fleeced by a cb taxi driver while on the way back to the hotel with a bloated face and nasty rash.

BKK didnt welcome me with open arms, so BKK is the worst place for me.
No offence to BKK aficionados, I am sure it is a lovely place, but I guess I was unlucky to see the shit side of it :biggrin:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I am lucky. The places I went so far leaves a good impression on me. I guess I would never go to places like India or Bangladesh. Nepal, maybe. :biggrin:

Flozzy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the worst for me is bangalore...really crap city....how did they ever call that silicon valley of india!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the worst for me is bangalore...really crap city....how did they ever call that silicon valley of india!

I will never want to step into India. So, I have to see India vicariously through others. I thought Bangalore has McDonald's, Starbucks etc ...very modern city. Can one fly directly to Bangalore?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I will never want to step into India. So, I have to see India vicariously through others. I thought Bangalore has McDonald's, Starbucks etc ...very modern city. Can one fly directly to Bangalore?

Singapore airlines and tiger airways. 1-3 flights per day. Duration: 4.5 hours. :smile:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caracas Venezuela, rob by policemen pistol aim at our head, go to shitty police station and those guys are there, those who rob us, so forget about reporting, eventually got our money back with help from local snake head.
Buenaventura, Colombia, line up against the wall with machine gun to your back by their SOF checking out are we maoist.
San Salvador, same thing line up on the street and search, boy soldiers no taller than the rifle they carry.
Lome Togo, shot at by some crazy black wanting to rob us, lucky local guide/runner.
Colon, Panama, day light knife robbery, 3 of us beat the shit out of the 3 Panamanians
Congo, Pointe Noire, sama sama body search by soldiers, me no maoist.
Nigeria, Lagos Apa Apa, kenna rob by gang, we no hero can't win against guns, that is the first time, after that we know where and what to carry when moving around.
Australia Perth, where ever i go with my gal, custom officers tail us,body search in the middle of the town, broke down gal house front door in the middle of the night....sian....doing half way suddenly see custom agents in the bedroom...di di went to sleep...but we are clean so apologize from custom officers

There are more but another day should suffic for now......:biggrin::smile:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore airlines and tiger airways. 1-3 flights per day. Duration: 4.5 hours. :smile:

Ever try flying in those old propellers plane, it could give you a heart attack, fly from Congo brazzaville to Senegal Dakar. once is enough never ever want to do it again......:*:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
India without doubt. 5 star hotels with rude service staff, broken or poorly maintained equipment. Companies and staff unable to give straight answers, unable to keep appointments.

Then the filth, the poverty, collapsing infrastructure, etc.

Endemic corruption, poor management, lack of pride in work, but go time to indulge in philosophy.

Sadly they also have some very nice and sincere people but these are people that are the exceptions.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bangalore is a joke. Been to all their hubs such as Noida, Guragoan etc where the MNCs are and all are not what they are made out to be. Malaysian and Indonesian standards are much much higher.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
My advice is to visit India at least once and make sure you are not wearing blinkers. After the visit, you can handle any Indian FT not matter how high he is on the totem pole. And if he knows that you have been to India, the attitude will be very different. The bullshit will drop by many levels but the philosophical ways will still be there.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ever try flying in those old propellers plane, it could give you a heart attack, fly from Congo brazzaville to Senegal Dakar. once is enough never ever want to do it again......:*:

I don't have the courage to do that :biggrin:

Even nowadays if I fly budget and the planes tends to shake more in mid air, I'll get paranoid :o

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My advice is to visit India at least once and make sure you are not wearing blinkers. After the visit, you can handle any Indian FT not matter how high he is on the totem pole. And if he knows that you have been to India, the attitude will be very different. The bullshit will drop by many levels but the philosophical ways will still be there.

Hi brother, where was the most memorable place in the world that you've visited?