• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worst place you ever been to

OrAlSUCKER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada : everywhere is far from everywhere. travel is killing

Canada, need to travel very far to get to anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree on india scroobal.

filthy, smelly and the poverty is also sad and it also have some of the worst kinds of people who have such high opinions of themselves.

but there was also a lot of spirituality and some of the nicest poor people anywhere.

but one time is enuf, its like NS, :biggrin:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Other then the temples people treat every square inch of land as their personal dumping ground.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
India. I got Delhi belly when I was there.

Pakistan. My minder brought me to an outdoor BBQ in Rawalpindi and the flies were flying all over the food we ate. I told him, indoor air-con restaurants please.

Marilyn

Alfrescian
Loyal
After you have been to India once, you can only have 2 reactions :

1) Love this place. I will come back again
2) Absolutely hated every thing about this place. Come back over my dead body.

No in between. You either hate it or love it.

Hate it !!!!

My first night in India, my driver hit someone and he flew right by my window...some money changed hands and before I knew it, we were on our way again...very yao siu!

I can stand all the elephants, cows, dogs and monkeys...the stench...the trash...but what I cannot stand are the dirty ah nehs! If my boss ever ask me to go there again, I'll tell him to go to hell!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chennai. The first phenomenon that greets me is how people threw luggages back to the belt. The worst of civilisation can all be seen here. The most amazing thing however, is the young taxi driver chased after me to return mobile phone which I accidentally left in the taxi. So there you go... life is a paradox

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Worst Place: Paris...

Those who have been there will know, at the train stations you can smell pee (every train station) and can catch male parisians peeing onto the wall from station exits. It is a city with beautiful buildings and the eiffel tower, but other than that the next thing that you will see most are the tiongs and the whole tourist crowd. It is nowhere near the romantic setting you see on tv, and if you think orchard road is crowded on a weekend, paris beats it hands down. It is a place which i definitely will not be going back and Paris consistently won the prize for being the most letdown place of travel and when you factor in the amount of scams going on through the city, this place is not really that pleasant. Google "paris syndrome"

jw5

Loyal

Those who have been there will know, at the train stations you can smell pee (every train station) and can catch male parisians peeing onto the wall from station exits. It is a city with beautiful buildings and the eiffel tower, but other than that the next thing that you will see most are the tiongs and the whole tourist crowd. It is nowhere near the romantic setting you see on tv, and if you think orchard road is crowded on a weekend, paris beats it hands down. It is a place which i definitely will not be going back and Paris consistently won the prize for being the most letdown place of travel and when you factor in the amount of scams going on through the city, this place is not really that pleasant. Google "paris syndrome"

Don't take the trains, especially in the evenings and yes, there's plenty of scammers, including while walking along the champ elysees.

But if you visit the museums and walk along the streets on a few cool days, it's a wonderful place to visit.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't take the trains, especially in the evenings and yes, there's plenty of scammers, including while walking along the champ elysees.

But if you visit the museums and walk along the streets on a few cool days, it's a wonderful place to visit.

Loved it there the first time, hated it the second. I have absolutely no motivation to go there again.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah... can you tell me which cities you consider as good place to travel to?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bangkok, Tokyo, London, Zurich, Lucern (not in order)...

Zurich and Lucern most expensive of the lot, but the view (Lake Zurich, Interlaken, Jung Frau Juch)and people makes it worth and only there you will be able to see what exactly is world-class public transport. Bangkok for obvious reasons; cheap and good shopping if you do not mind the heat. Tokyo is clean and has good-mannered people and London has the right mix of everything which caters to whatever you wanna do, you can take a walk in hyde park, step into betting (William Hill, Coral etc) shops to place a bet and lots of museums and English-speaking makes things just that much easier. All i would want to revisit again, never Paris again.

Excellent Link to illustrate what i mean. If you really wanna go paris, make it a day trip from London by train. Buy all your luxury good, claim tax refunds and scoot back to London same day.

The Paris Syndrome – A Bizarre Psychological Condition Affecting Japanese Tourists?
By Sumitra on December 27th, 2012 Category: News, Travel
Among a host of first world problems is the mysterious Paris Syndrome – that horrible feeling you get when you realize the beautiful City of Lights isn’t all that you imagined it to be. And strangely, the worst to be affected by this bizarre condistion are the otherwise calm and collected Japanese.

As ridiculous as it sounds, Paris Syndrome is very real. Because of the way the city is represented in the media, especially the Japanese media, a lot of people labor under the misconception that Paris is a quaint, friendly little place with affluence reeking in its every corner. The women are imagined to be dainty and beautiful, the city is expected to smell like Chanel No. 5, parks filled with pigeons and waiters bursting into song at the drop of a hat. In fact, many Japanese really believe that Parisians are all thin, gorgeous and unbelievably rich. Inevitably, their bubble is burst on their very first day in the city.

Photo: Andreas Nilsson

Paris, just like any other city in the world, has its own share of pros and cons – a fact conveniently glossed over by most media outlets. The world prefers to immortalize Paris in a certain way, and that’s perhaps the biggest contributor to Paris Syndrome. But the truth of the matter is that the fashion capital of the world does have an ugly side to it as well. Many Parisians are quite unaccommodating of foreigners, especially those who do not speak French. Conversations in any other language are downright unpleasant, even more so with people who seem to loathe your existence on their land. The service industry isn’t always all that courteous to tourists either. The public transportation, far from being jolly metro cars, often consists of hot, overcrowded trains filled with screaming children and groping couples. Now, we’re not saying Paris isn’t beautiful, it is. But unlike cities like New York that have embraced their darker side, Paris is still presented as though it is the perpetually spinning world inside of a little girl’s music box. The difference may not seem like much to someone reading this, but for a first-hand experience, it can be hard to digest.

Photo: Joel Kabahit

So what exactly happens to those suffering from Paris Syndrome? I was curious to know too. Apparently, these tourists are gripped with anxiety, a combination of physical and psychological symptoms that aren’t very pleasant to deal with. It manifests in different ways for different people. Some are scared to go traveling again for a long time. Others suffer from acute delusions, dizziness, sweating, hallucinations, depression and feelings of persecution. In 2011, there were at least 6 cases of people who were struggling to come to grips with the fact that the city of their dreams does not exist, and had to be flown back to their own country for medical supervision. For most cases, a few days of good bed rest and hydration fixes the problem. The Japanese Embassy in Paris, however, does face a steady flow of calls and visits from Japanese tourists who want some reassurance that the city won’t collapse on them.

Perhaps this isn’t all too difficult to understand, given that Japanese and French cultures are poles apart. The culture-shock is probably pretty huge to digest, especially when getting simple, mundane tasks done can make someone feel harassed. It’s not just tourists, but exchange students and Japanese who have moved to Paris for work, who suffer from the ailment. It seems the four most important factors contributing to the Japanese struggles in Paris are Culture Shock, Communication Barriers, Difference in Culture and Physical Fatigue. The French are known to be rather free about speaking their mind, often forcefully. This could be hard to digest for the rather mild-mannered Japanese who are always careful not to offend. After I read about the Paris Syndrome, I did feel a little sorry for the Japanese. Well, it should help them (and everyone else traveling to Paris) to remember that the Paris in the movies is almost entirely different from the one that exists in real life today. Sure there a lot of gorgeous sights to explore and photograph, friendly people, and delicious foods, but just like any other city in the world, it has its rotten apples.

http://www.odditycentral.com/news/t...al-condition-affecting-japanese-tourists.html

Last edited:

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chennai..the hygiene and chaos in public places si bei jialat...rubbish heap by the side of the road all over the place.