• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

World Highest Paid Prime Minister Says Not To Rely On Him & His Govt

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being the highest paid leader in the world taking over $3 million salary a year, our Prime Minister Lee is now telling us not to rely on him and his govt in this recession. In other words, he is saying to us: 'YOU DIE YOUR BUSINESS, DON'T LOOK FOR ME!" :mad:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_324806.html

Don't over-rely on govt

Community should also chip in during this downturn says PM Lee
By Li Xueying, Political Correspondent

THE coming year on the lunar calendar is that of the ox - a strong animal, which while 'not very aggressive, is completely dependable'.

Noting this on Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong gave this reassuring message to Singaporeans facing a difficult ride ahead: 'So in our quiet way, we'll see through the year of the ox, and we'll come out of it alright, stronger than before and ready to grow and prosper.'

But he also warned against an over-reliance on the Government for help in 'everything', urging the community to also chip in during this downturn.

This way, Singapore will also cohere as a stronger society.

Mr Lee struck this upbeat note at an off-the-cuff address in his constituency of Teck Ghee in Ang Mo Kio, where he and his grassroots leaders distributed ang pows, vouchers and mandarin oranges to 275 needy residents. He later toured the nearby market and hawker centre, shaking hands and signing autographs.

In a sign of the worsening times, the number of recipients had increased - from 220 last year. So too the amount of money in the red packet - from $80 to $100.

It is such ground-up community efforts that are especially necessary now, said Mr Lee.

The Government will do its part to help Singaporeans ride out the downturn, the Prime Minister promised, listing a litany of schemes from ComCare to GST offset packages.

'But if everything depends on government schemes and it becomes a matter of beaurcratic organisation, entitlement, I think we'll make this impersonal and we'll weaken ourselves as a society.

'And instead of having a sense of mutual support and warmth and comradeship, we'll cultivate a sense of reliance and ultimately a society which is not as strong as it should be.'

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Being the highest paid leader in the world taking over $3 million salary a year, our Prime Minister Lee is now telling us not to rely on him and his govt in this recession. In other words, he is saying to us: 'YOU DIE YOUR BUSINESS, DON'T LOOK FOR ME!" :mad:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_324806.html

Don't over-rely on govt

Community should also chip in during this downturn says PM Lee
By Li Xueying, Political Correspondent

THE coming year on the lunar calendar is that of the ox - a strong animal, which while 'not very aggressive, is completely dependable'.

Noting this on Sunday, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong gave this reassuring message to Singaporeans facing a difficult ride ahead: 'So in our quiet way, we'll see through the year of the ox, and we'll come out of it alright, stronger than before and ready to grow and prosper.'

But he also warned against an over-reliance on the Government for help in 'everything', urging the community to also chip in during this downturn.

This way, Singapore will also cohere as a stronger society.

Mr Lee struck this upbeat note at an off-the-cuff address in his constituency of Teck Ghee in Ang Mo Kio, where he and his grassroots leaders distributed ang pows, vouchers and mandarin oranges to 275 needy residents. He later toured the nearby market and hawker centre, shaking hands and signing autographs.

In a sign of the worsening times, the number of recipients had increased - from 220 last year. So too the amount of money in the red packet - from $80 to $100.

It is such ground-up community efforts that are especially necessary now, said Mr Lee.

The Government will do its part to help Singaporeans ride out the downturn, the Prime Minister promised, listing a litany of schemes from ComCare to GST offset packages.

'But if everything depends on government schemes and it becomes a matter of beaurcratic organisation, entitlement, I think we'll make this impersonal and we'll weaken ourselves as a society.

'And instead of having a sense of mutual support and warmth and comradeship, we'll cultivate a sense of reliance and ultimately a society which is not as strong as it should be.'

Shit Times say this is a reassuring message, LOL

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we ask them don't rely on us as well? remove GST and CPF etc. this has to be a 2 ways thing.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... urging the community to also chip in during this downturn. ...
ya, tings like ... wen hdb increases rent during tis time ... u guys bite ze bullet, juz chip in n take dat small increase ... anway, pay a li'l more oni wat ...

jw5

Loyal
No problem, as long as he and his colleagues cough up a portion of their salaries to help the poor.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Don't over-rely on govt"

He might as well come straight that the govt has no solution for us but waiting for global economy to improve and than claim credit for it own.

If pap cannot help Singaporean, than they should not expect Singaporean to pay them million of dollars every year and still locking up our CPF for self serve.

We don't want their help, we want what is rightfully ours, we want our people to run our own country without pap hindrances. Voting pap will only kill us, they are as good as non-existence. I hope Seng Han Tong incident serves to teach this complacent leaders a good lesson. If they don't improve their attitude, nobody will pity them.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

the MP attack was performed after this speech.

hmm i wonder if this was one the cause too!

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
can we ask them don't rely on us as well? remove GST and CPF etc. this has to be a 2 ways thing.

With COE, GST, TV Licence, ERP, CPF, Water related tax,HDB and other taxes,

It seems to me that the fucking goberment is the one that relies more from sinkies than the other way round.

Can assloon name one thing that sinkees rely on those pappy bastards that are not in their job scope?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
With COE, GST, TV Licence, ERP, CPF, Water related tax,HDB and other taxes,

It seems to me that the fucking goberment is the one that relies more from sinkies than the other way round.

Can assloon name one thing that sinkees rely on those pappy bastards that are not in their job scope?

This is what u call the CHO BOH LAN PM.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder how many more such incidents it takes to wake up sinkees that the pap is no longer able to be the single-party govt ???... i really dun pity sinkees who crumble under the pap costs of living because they deserve the pap...

with the constant replacement of native sinkees with new instant citizens... the pap is betraying the national identity (if there is any left) for its own power craze objectives...

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahaha!!!! You said the right thing. If govenment takes from you, they should help the common people. If not why should people pay tax?

If like that ,the pappy dogs better don't activate us for reservist duties.U count your gold bars,we do our things ,don't disturb us,u die is your buysiness,we die is our business,u call your FT Gurkhas to fight for u !!!Fair and square !!!