• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vietnam Trip Free & Easy

Erection69Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hanoi-Sapa

This is my personal trip to Hanoi and Sapa 2 years ago. Until today, Sapa is one of the only 2 places that I want to go back to visit again. The other being Hualien in Taiwan. Some pictures to share.

View from my hotel room. Very cooling, nice mountain view. All for USD 30 a night :biggrin:

2h5uoud.jpg

More mountains.

b9eu7t.jpg

Children in Singapore should count their blessings

spf2m9.jpg

Erection69Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bridge outside Cat Cat Village. On the outside of this village, there is an interesting signboard to warn foreigners not to indulge in sexual activities with the minorities women :biggrin:

jr5uog.jpg

Market in Sapa. Here, you'll see minority women with their handicrafts. Surprisingly, the men are missing.

10hq98l.jpg

Minority girls have never seen a Singapore handsome man before :biggrin:

2wce42p.jpg

Erection69Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The blue tribe :biggrin:

24bvh9x.jpg

On the way down to a village in the valley

6z33vq.jpg

Something that the minority guide made for us on the way down to the village. Basically, we did not hire them. They just simply followed us and became our guide :biggrin:

6dwdg5.jpg

Erection69Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bac Ha Town. The minority is from a different tribe. Clothes are more colourful, people are fairer in complexion and girls are prettier :biggrin:

1z557ia.jpg

29x6p3.jpg

Harvesting Soya Bean

jslf75.jpg

Erection69Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our beautiful tour guide. So young but already married :eek:

t06f7t.jpg

At Lao Cai, the border town of Vietnam. Opposite is Hekou, the border town in China. This is one of the 3 border crossing between Vietnam and China.

2ugjk2b.jpg

zydmyv.jpg

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Vietnam style BBQ. Very nice. Its at the backpacker street in Hanoi. Did not get the address though :p

w02adt.jpg

Vietnamese knew how to sell their stuffs, just like the Thais :biggrin:

9sxhc0.jpg

I love these. Had it almost everyday in Hanoi.

5me4ow.jpg

Don Muthuswamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vietnam style BBQ. Very nice. Its at the backpacker street in Hanoi. Did not get the address though :p

w02adt.jpg

Vietnamese knew how to sell their stuffs, just like the Thais :biggrin:

9sxhc0.jpg

I love these. Had it almost everyday in Hanoi.

5me4ow.jpg

Agree. Vietnam foods really nice.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ok, I'm back to share more info about Vietnam. These photos are from a backpacking trip 3 years ago. Different journey from the photos above.

Vang Tau - Island Near to Ho Chi Minh City

Jesus Mountain. It is actually a small hill, wonder why it was call a mountain. Full of steps. By the time I reached the top, my legs were suffering from muscle cramp. See the jesus statue in the picture?

2vm7bef.jpg

View from top of the hill

i21phx.jpg

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Source: Wikitravel

Vung Tau (Vũng Tàu) is a city in Southern Vietnam, about 125km from Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). Its close location to Saigon and its beauty and fresh air makes it a very popular destination for weekends.

Vung Tau is the tourist and commercial center of Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu (an industrial province in Southeastern Vietnam). The whole city area lies on a peninsula which is separated from the mainland by a gulf river called Co May river.

Seaside status makes Vung Tau a nearby paradise for Saigonners. However, for well-travelled foreigners, expect a bit less. The beach is not all too attractive with litter lining the coast, and most of the sandy eastern beach has signage about dangerous swimming. There are four beaches in the city center located in different positions.

Bãi Trước (Front Beach)- Located on the center of Vung Tau and stands between Big and Small Mount. Restaurants, kiosks, and hotels are close to the beach. Front Beach is connected through a small park called Front Beach Park. As this lays on the tourist center of the city, most people come here to visit the park and view the sunset.

Bãi Sau (Back Beach)
Bãi Sau (Back Beach) - Bãi Sau aka "Thùy Vân Beach" is the only standard beach for tourism in Vung Tau. It is 3 kilometer long and streches from the Small Mount to Paradise Park. All beaches here are free although you may cross some "water park" to get to the beach. There are services for keeping your belongings, usually 15,000 VND each person. Umbrella is 30,000 VND, chair 25,000 VND. Fresh water bathe costs 8,000 VND. Sea parachute with canoeing available all day.

Bãi Dứa (Pineapple Beach)- Small beach located along Hạ Long street, by Small Mount.

Bãi Dâu (Mulberry Beach)- Small beach located on the western side of Big Mount.

Bãi Dứa and Bãi Dâu are actually beaches along Mountains, thus you must go downstairs to get to the waterfront. There's less sand and no safeguard.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I love Halong Bay....another world heritage...go before it is all gone and destroyed by tourism...

104034330.XmqHPBLu.jpg

104034610.Ebahoiup.jpg

105167762.w2EgksXp.jpg

105167747.I408dFAw.jpg