• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another cyclist got creamed by public bus operator on Tuesday

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cyclist dies after accident with bus on Tuas slip road

cyclistdies.jpg

Stomp | Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013

A cyclist was pronounced dead at the National University of Hospital (NUH) after he was involved in an accident with a bus on a slip road leading to Jurong Pier Road on Tuesday morning.

A netizen, who only wanted to be known as Kee Tan, had alerted citizen journalism website Stomp to the accident in an email today.

The Police confirmed that the cyclist had subsequently succumbed to his injuries and died after being conveyed to the hospital.

The spokesperson said:

""Police received a call today (Feb 19) at about 7.56am, requesting for assistance along Tuas slip road into Jurong Pier Road near lampost 64.

"Upon Police's arrival, it was established that an accident between a bus and a cyclist had occurred.

"The male cyclist was conveyed unconscious to NUH, where he subsequently succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead.

"Police investigations are ongoing."

In his report to Stomp, Kee Tan said:

"The bus was travelling towards Jurong Island through the AYE and Jurong Pier Road. I was on the bus then.

"When the driver of the bus turned left into Jurong Pier Road, we heard the bus 'climbing up' over something, like a road divider, on the right side.

"The bus had dragged a bicycle underneath it for a few meters before stopping.

"When we stepped off the bus, the cyclist was injured but still alive and breathing but he went unconscious after a couple of minutes.

"An ambulance was called and arrived about 15 minutes later. Paramedics attempted to use CPR and their medical equipment to revive him at the site but in vain.

"He was then immediately transferred on the ambulance and moved on to hospital."

He said he did not see any other casualties and that the accident involved a bus bearing the number 715.

Last edited:

ChoBohLan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt must ban bicycles on our roads to prevent more of such accidents

That is rubbish.

Government must ban foreigners from driving our buses.

Bus companies must pay appropriate wages so that all the bus drivers are Singaporeans. If they cannot find enough Singaporeans to drive buses in Singapore, they must raise the wages higher AND to give better working conditions to attract Singaporeans driver to drive buses. Afterall they are making millions of dollars NPAT every year!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng must say how many times har? bicycles are meant to be on bicycle tracks not main road lah!:mad:park connector networks (PCN) are designed specially for them mah!

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is rubbish.

Government must ban foreigners from driving our buses.

Bus companies must pay appropriate wages so that all the bus drivers are Singaporeans. If they cannot find enough Singaporeans to drive buses in Singapore, they must raise the wages higher AND to give better working conditions to attract Singaporeans driver to drive buses. Afterall they are making millions of dollars NPAT every year!

Singkies are angry n arrogant drivers, even worst

CheebyeAlamakingTuaBuiSai

Alfrescian
Loyal
lianbeng must say how many times har? bicycles are meant to be on bicycle tracks not main road lah!:mad:park connector networks (PCN) are designed specially for them mah!

yeah, i dont understand why bikers die die want to compete with cars on the road. i have seen people who cycled recklessly on the road.

songsongpunggol

Alfrescian
Loyal
why are singaporeans driving on the wrong side of the road?

usually, i make a right turn and go straight towards the direction of the incoming bus.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are singaporeans driving on the wrong side of the road?

usually, i make a right turn and go straight towards the direction of the incoming bus.

lianbeng also noticed in taiwan n china, the bus lanes run in opposite direction to the mainstream traffic!:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LTA should enforce all public bus to install video camera .Incase any incident can use the video recording to judge who right or wrong.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
lianbeng also noticed they like to zigzag their way through heavy traffic jams even on expressways! :rolleyes: kiasi buaysi buay kiasi baosi!

Nowadays alot of people like that. I ever seen an ang mo roller blading down Geylang Rd :o

Last edited:

SanShuGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTA should enforce all public bus to install video camera .Incase any incident can use the video recording to judge who right or wrong.

I agree. They have cameras to record the inside of the bus but surprisingly, none to monitor the traffic.