• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Pics] US marines suck cobra blood during Thai jungle survival course

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That’s what you call jungle juice! U.S Marines drink COBRA BLOOD in Thailand forest training exercise (and they weren’t even forced to do it)
WARNING: Images contain graphic content
Female Marines among those drinking cobra blood in Thai jungle

Learning jungle survival techniques in Chon Buri province

By KERRY MCDERMOTT
PUBLISHED: 09:54 GMT, 20 February 2013 | UPDATED: 10:15 GMT, 20 February 2013

A female Marine tips her head back as the blood of a dead cobra is dripped into her mouth in this startling photograph of a military training exercise in the depths of the Thai jungle.The U.S. soldier is one of around 13,000 taking part in Cobra Gold 2013, an annual, multi-national military training programme that incorporates jungle survival techniques.

After being taught how to kill the venomous snakes by Thai naval instructors, the Marines were given the option of experiencing a local custom; drinking the animals' blood.

article-2281519-17F921BF000005DC-692_634x469.jpg

Open wide: A Thai naval instructor drips cobra blood into the mouth of a female Marine in the jungle

article-2281519-17F9215E000005DC-967_634x432.jpg

Tough: The soldier wipes her mouth after drinking the cobra blood as part of a demonstration on how to kill the venomous snakes

Many of the Marines appeared unperturbed at the prospect of drinking cobra blood, which is sold as an aphrodisiac in parts of Eastern Asia.

The U.S. Marines were taking part in Cobra Gold 13 alongside Thai military personnel and soldiers from five other countries; Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore.

The 11-day military exercise, taking place in Thailand's Chon Buri province, covers amphibious assault, humanitarian relief, and evacuation of friendly forces as well as jungle survival techniques.

article-2281519-17F2B91A000005DC-308_634x422.jpg

Extreme: A U.S. Marine is seen with the tail of a dead cobra protruding from his mouth during the survival exercise in Sattahip, Thailand
article-2281519-17F93F13000005DC-730_634x455.jpg

Bizarre: The soldiers were drinking the snake blood as part of Cobra Gold 2013, an annual multi-national military training exercise

article-2281519-17F930EE000005DC-912_634x440.jpg

Jungle training: In parts of eastern Asia snake blood is sold as an aphrodisiac

article-2281519-17F176E0000005DC-9_634x422.jpg

Intensive: The U.S. Marines are around 13,000 soldiers from seven countries participating in the 11 day training exercise at a military base in Thailand's Chon Buri province

article-2281519-17F1CE95000005DC-450_634x425.jpg

Survival: The training exercise covers amphibious assault, jungle survival, humanitarian relief, and evacuation of friendly forces

article-2281519-17F8FAB4000005DC-711_306x426.jpg

article-2281519-17F8DC1A000005DC-673_306x426.jpg

Cobra Gold: U.S. Marines are participating in the 11-day exercise alongside military personnel from Thailand, South Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Japan

article-2281519-17F2C1A5000005DC-176_634x465.jpg

When in Thailand: After being taught how to kill the venomous snakes, the Marines were given the option of drinking the animals' blood

article-2281519-17F32C69000005DC-518_634x435.jpg

Tradition: Drinking snake blood is a local custom in parts of Thailand

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-exercise-werent-forced-it.html#ixzz2LRadYACs
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sup sup water la!
Our paper generals turn ministers eat snake on a daily basis at work....and get paid millions for it

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've tried cobra meat when I visited visited Hatyai years ago but not the blood. The meat was like a skinny chicken.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
chinese drink snake blood with rice wine. and swallow something raw. then the remainder they cook either by frying or soup and the skin is deep fried. and i had to eat the bloody stuff because chinese restaurants in southern china resembles like a mini zoo.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chinese drink snake blood with rice wine. and swallow something raw. then the remainder they cook either by frying or soup and the skin is deep fried. and i had to eat the bloody stuff because chinese restaurants in southern china resembles like a mini zoo.

The something raw is the gall bladder. The bile inside taste damn funky man!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in Sec 3, a few classmates and me caught a wild python. We proceeded to chop off its head, drink its blood, and cook (baked) its meat. We took photos and had great fun through the event. Later, my uncle (then a lecturerat Poly) found out about it and scolded me for being stupid - it could've been diseased and its blood could be carrying parasitic tapeworm eggs. I guess it wasn't such a smart thing to do after all. If you need to eat wild game, eat only itsmeat - cooked.

Cheers!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh, no, please don't compare our scholar soldiers with them. Our scholar soldiers are trained to be scholars first, soldiers next. They have all the text book knowledge to fight a war. Sinkapore is safe when the war is fought as the textbook teaches.