• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

0.2m Ah Nehs working in Sinkieland...

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Govt decries CECA violation by SingaporeThe country has imposed restrictions on inflow of foreign workers, which is going to affect Indians working there
Add to My Page

RELATED NEWS
Govt cuts import tariff values of gold, silver
Silver futures down 0.2% on global cues
Gold futures down 0.3% on global cues
Bummer in the city
Cerebra Tech acquires Enviro-Hub of Singapore for Rs 110 cr
Those of you planning to make it big in Singapore might be in for a setback. Singapore recently made certain changes to its Employment Pass Framework law to reduce inflow of foreign workers significantly to create more job opportunities for local professionals. The move is expected to impact even those Indians working there at present across various sectors.

The amendments, made on a proposal by its Ministry of Manpower, has armed the Singapore government to bring down the foreign share of the total workforce to around one-third while encouraging employers to invest in productivity in return for incentives in the form of tax breaks.

The move came as a recent Singapore's policy paper predicted that its population would grow by 30 per cent to 6.9 million by 2030, with immigrants making up nearly half that figure. The paper led to demonstrations in Singapore yesterday, a rare happening in the country, in protest against rise in immigrants.

The step has irked India as the new law does not give India a preferential treatment incorporated in the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CECA) between the two countries, operational since 2005. This stance by the Singapore Government is expected to affect Indians working as middle-level managers, executives and technicians.

Speculations are rife that India might take up the issue with World Trade Organization’s (WTO) dispute settlement body. However, according to Singapore such a decision was imperative in the interest of the natives as the share of the foreign workforce is rising very rapidly.

“The one-third is a long term target and we have not imposed quotas as such for any country. Of course, the end result is still a reduction of the current foreign workforce numbers. But in doing so, I do not think we have contravened our commitments in the WTO or the CECA. Moreover, this is not specifically targeted to any one country. We remain very open to foreign talent,” a senior Singapore government official told Business Standard.

According to the Singapore government, the demand of Employment Passes (EP) has surged since its economic recovery in 2010, necessitating such a step.

There are three types of professional passes under EP – Q1, P2 and P1, depending on the kinds of jobs. As per the new law, the qualifying salary thresholds for Q1 and P2 Passes have been raised from $2,800 to $3,000, $4,000 to $4,500 respectively, while for P1 it remains unchanged at $8,000. The educational qualifications requirements have also been tightened under the Q1 Pass category. Foreign professionals who are already working at present would have to earn even higher salaries to retain their work permits.

The Singapore government is taking these measures--raising the salary ceilings of employment passes or increasing the work permit levy-- to increase cost for companies to bring in foreign talents. Additionally, it will offer incentives to those companies in the form of tax breaks for using high-end technology to do the same job instead of being dependant on labour.

Both India and Singapore are currently reviewing the CECA , the talks for which started in 2010. But it has been stuck ever since over various issues, and now this law is all set to create further hurdles.

According to Indian officials involved in the negotiations, this is a violation of the services trade agreement under CECA. This will also adversely affect Indians who are working there as it might lead to job losses, especially for the middle level workers.

India has submitted a request to Singapore for addressing the matter but has not received a formal communication yet.

Currently, there are about 2,00,000 non-resident Indians in Singapore working in ITES, financial services and scientific research sectors among others, according to one estimate. FWAH!!!!

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ca-violation-by-singapore-113021700123_1.html

Ah Neh not happy and expect preferential treatment over sinkies, in Sinkieland... :eek:

angbin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, any idea how many chinese PRC and also how many Pinoys as maids and how many pinoys as others?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...The step has irked India as the new law does not give India a preferential treatment incorporated in the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CECA) between the two countries, operational since 2005. This stance by the Singapore Government is expected to affect Indians working as middle-level managers, executives and technicians....

So did the PAP sell out Sporeans to give preferential treatment to foreigners :confused:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This figure of 0.2 m Pundeks don't include their wives, children, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, long distance cousins..

They tend to bring along their village when they are working in S'pore..

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
This figure of 0.2 m Pundeks don't include their wives, children, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, cousins, long distance cousins..

You mean they start to hire their whole fucking village and replace all the sinkies within the company the minute they get into the right position....fucking pundeks have been replacing and sacking sinkies because of the fucked up labour laws here ....

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean they start to hire their whole fucking village and replace all the sinkies within the company the minute they get into the right position....fucking pundeks have been replacing and sacking sinkies because of the fucked up labour laws here ....

My old Sispec buddy, a Mat used to work for this IT firm at Changi Bizness Park.. He was a Poly grad.. The firm was full of Ah Nehs, Pinoys and less than 5 locals..

His immediate supervisor was an Ah Neh from Mumbai.. He didn't really mind the Pinoys as they were quite easy going and friendly towards him and the rest of the locals.. Only issue was the arrogant Pundeks who sidelined the locals..

Hindi was largely spoken there.. He felt like an outcast.. 3 of the locals resigned after getting their bonuses.. But my friend stayed on.. In the end, the company hired another 3 Pundeks to replace the 3 locals who resigned.. My friend too resigned soon after that..

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My old Sispec buddy, a Mat used to work for this IT firm at Changi Bizness Park.. He was a Poly grad.. The firm was full of Ah Nehs, Pinoys and less than 5 locals..

His immediate supervisor was an Ah Neh from Mumbai.. He didn't really mind the Pinoys as they were quite easy going and friendly towards him and the rest of the locals.. Only issue was the arrogant Pundeks who sidelined the locals..

Hindi was largely spoken there.. He felt like an outcast.. 3 of the locals resigned after getting their bonuses.. But my friend stayed on.. In the end, the company hired another 3 Pundeks to replace the 3 locals who resigned.. My friend too resigned soon after that..

So many similar stories but this CCB PAP govt acting blur like it doesnt happen...bastards just care anbout lining their own fucking pockets and their own well being ... they are not affected so none of their fucking business...CCB!

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're sharp brother. These KNNB pundeks would bring their entire family here. The moment when they come into the train, you will know they are those foreign thrash and not local Singaporeans.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're sharp brother. These KNNB pundeks would bring their entire family here. The moment when they come into the train, you will know they are those foreign thrash and not local Singaporeans.

Raiders, the other day I took a train from Outram to Boon Keng..

Train was full of Ah Neh families heading to Little India..

Bro KNNBCCB cannot fight all these Ah Nehs with just his revolver.. At the rate these Ah nehs are comin to Spore, even if you have 100 GPMGs also not enough to finish them off..

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raiders, the other day I took a train from Outram to Boon Keng..

Train was full of Ah Neh families heading to Little India..

Bro KNNBCCB cannot fight all these Ah Nehs with just his revolver.. At the rate these Ah nehs are comin to Spore, even if you have 100 GPMGs also not enough to finish them off..

It seems like India is bend on demanding all the developed countries in this world to take in their people as workers. From Australia to Europe to north america and now Singapore...... why are they so fucking shameless? and why should these countries absorb their surplus population/ problems? it seems like India is just trying to conveniently outsource their poor infrastructure and population planning problems to the richer countries.

nowadays, if u take buses that pass by little india, Geylang, kallang and aljunied area, these buses will almost always be filled with these annoying and rude non-resident ah nehs.

there were quite a number of times when i was on these buses that was fully packed and only I and a few other people are non-indians/ south asians. This is quite alarming indeed as it really speaks volume of the number of fucking foreign ah neh we have here in Singapore. I mean i have yet to board a public bus that is almost exclusively occupied by pinoys, PRC, angmo.

hey PAP, please do us citizen a favor this one time.... be firm and say no to this unreasonable request of India!