• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huge turnout at Speakers' Corner for population White Paper protest

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will LHL's Operation 69 Will Be Call Off ?

Look at their faces. The solemnness and glumly look. It tells all. Quite unlike any other gathering. Not even at an election rally do you see such a uniformity of expression. It was a really sad issue to protest on. If the government does not see it. It must be blind.

So, will LHL's Operation 69 be call off or he will continue to mow down Sinkies with his father's evil plan ? :( Some people must up with this kind of betting kiosk. :biggrin:

5847383_ori.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HLP is about 9500 sqm, about 50% of the park is the field. approximately 2.5K were standing on the field. 1~1.5K figure a bit too low.

let's apply simple math.

4000 sqm of standing space after deducting podium, fringes, shrubs and trees.
1 sqm per umbrella.
0.1 sqm or 10% overlap factor for umbrellas.
0.9 sqm per umbrella per user.
max number of user in field = 4000 x 0.9 = 3600.

not including those outside field.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Will LHL's Operation 69 Will Be Call Off ?

2000 out of 4 millions singaporean

means that mass majority of singaporean want more friends to play with. The opposition to the white paper is insignificantly small.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drifter sighted at Hong Lim Park Speaker Corner during protest

558110_464888383564482_1055136972_n.jpg

Drifter sighted at Hong Lim Park Speaker Corner during protest

TeamDoctor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Drifter sighted at Hong Lim Park Speaker Corner during protest

What is this? Another flame thread? Please stop it. Peace ok.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
let's apply simple math.

I don't need to do any complex math. All I see is the same 3 to 4 placards in every photo. The rest of the people there are simply hanging around with a "blur" look on their ugly faces.

If you look at all the images it's pretty much the same placards/banners in every shot so the actual number of people who are actually making a statement is around 30.

Really pathetic. It proves yet again that Singaporeans are nothing but a bunch of passive observers.

PUNISHER

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't need to do any complex math. All I see is 3 to 4 placards in every photo. The rest of the people there are simply hanging around with a "blur" look on their ugly faces.

If you look at all the images it's pretty much the same placards/banners in every shot so the actual number of people who are actually making a statement is around 30.

Really pathetic. It proves yet again that Singaporeans are nothing but a bunch of passive observers.

They didn't start out to make a protest record at all. That would have been too shallow. As usual, it was simply a case of absorbing what's going on around Singapore .There are many ways of showing your protest and discontent without the actions of Kremlin :wink:

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact is, people came and went at the event. I didn't see any real counting.. but I did see some people taking pictures.. one in particular, a man in full raincoat attire.. took several pictures of the speakers and left in a hurry.. with the hood over his head. After he crossed the road, 2 other men joined him and they seemed to be checking the photos.

I can safely say that more than 4,ooo came, saw, listened and went after hearing some of the speeches. There was no real MOTION or any petition signing (not that I saw anyways).

But it was rare indeed. So many people cheered when speakers hit the spot on "putting a stop" on the number of foreigners being allowed into Singapore. And when TKL took to speak, he started by wishing all a Happy Chinese Lunar New Year.. in Mandarin.

I too, left not too long.. as the speeches, though robust and passionate, kept on without a clear indication of what they wanted to do at the end.

With all being said, this is a show of numbers, with some speakers, loud cheering, singing of the national anthem, some songs like "count on me singapore".. and also the pledge.. in a way.. it was uniquely Singapore.. for no strong emtion was really displayed.. except for the cheers of agreement and yells of some slogans.

The question for me is, "what next?"

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The question for me is, "what next?"

What's next?... life goes on as usual until 2016 where the PAP will win a resounding victory for the simple reason that no other party can deliver the prosperity that sinkies crave for.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't need to do any complex math. All I see is the same 3 to 4 placards in every photo. The rest of the people there are simply hanging around with a "blur" look on their ugly faces.

0.69% making a statement. 69% idle. 6.9% isd and plainclothes poodle. remaining % pedestrian or nomadic.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
536925_10151338350979023_1707111901_n.jpg

any familiar faces here...happy sunday...a very peaceful gathering and a walk in the park...wonderful singaporeans...

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
any familiar faces here...happy sunday...a very peaceful gathering and a walk in the park...wonderful singaporeans...

I checked with many of my friends and none of them went to Hong Lim yesterday. They all said that they didn't want to rub shoulders with losers. Instead, they went to SICC and TMCC to play golf with the movers and shakers of society.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sentiments exactly.

I checked with many of my friends and none of them went to Hong Lim yesterday. They all said that they didn't want to rub shoulders with losers. Instead, they went to SICC and TMCC to play golf with the movers and shakers of society.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
46805_10151338350704023_158240826_n.jpg

having more babies !!! majulah singapura!!! make singapore an ideal home for more people and more babies...hallelujah!!!

coogans

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You have friends? Amazing.

jw5

Loyal
Re: Will LHL's Operation 69 Will Be Call Off ?

So, will LHL's Operation 69 be call off or he will continue to mow down Sinkies with his father's evil plan ? :( Some people must up with this kind of betting kiosk. :biggrin:

Operation 69 - my word.
The policy maker who came up with this number must either be damn cheeky or totally clueless.