• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inflation in Singapore: The hidden thief

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have forummer noticed that food portions are smaller while prices are higher. What used to be at S$3.00 is now at S$3.50. Those at S$2.50 is now at S$3.00. If inflation is at 5%, money sitting in the bank is losing value, with today interest at 0.5%.

With ZIRP policy in the foreseeable future. In the Singapore context, perhaps property is still a good bet, as reported that sales of private property is still high inspite of the cooling measures.

What about stocks and precious metals, such as gold or silver?

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicken price also increase from $40 to $50. Used to be 25 minutes. Now the OKT press buzzer after 15 minutes :mad:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkapore is a bubble. PAP government is propping up the property market, that's why more aliens have to be allowed in. All bubbles will burst and when the sinkapore bubble burst, end of PAP.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah service betterer than the malaysian bu previously

Unless you drive a BMW 7 series, better don't try. I take bus one, don't dare to think :p

Once, I overheard my chicken telling her friend, "You ask him to buy you the ipad, then re-sell to me cheaper" :eek:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, there is an influx of foreign chickens(legal and non legal) but the price still goes up. My Econs tutor told me, supply increase, price will decrease....

That's right bro, if supply increase price will drop, but supply decrease, that's why price all increase n your okt knock door so fast

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why you all so like that wan! people open the thread want to talk serious, you all come in cock cock song song until TS dare not come back

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why you all so like that wan! people open the thread want to talk serious, you all come in cock cock song song until TS dare not come back

But its true chicken price also increases what....You want to see how well a country is doing, just check out the chicken price. In Aus, it costs AUD$150 at least to screw a chicken :o

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But its true chicken price also increases what....You want to see how well a country is doing, just check out the chicken price. In Aus, it costs AUD$150 at least to screw a chicken :o

In Aus, prc mei mei, ang mo mei mei, russian mei mei, viet mei mei, Aus mei mei, or what at AUD150?.

Anyway, inflation also in Aus too? I believe, maybe cheapest, now at, AUD200.