• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

playing god - social engineering

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the consequences?
Will it lead to a divided society?
Is the PAP guilty of it?
What should we do to unravel the damage, if any?

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the consequences?
Will it lead to a divided society?
Is the PAP guilty of it?
What should we do to unravel the damage, if any?

There will be consequences. Enclaves will be formed and a divided society will prevail, like how it is now but much worst.

PAP is only part guilty, the people are more guilty by getting played into it.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
they pursued the stop at 2 with policy with earnestness; they thought they can raise the general ability of future generation through "graduate mother" policies; then the streaming process in our primary schools began; the current thinking is use "immigration" to alter the balance between young and old;

have these programmes benefitted Singaporeans; were they well thought out

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
they pursued the stop at 2 with policy with earnestness; they thought they can raise the general ability of future generation through "graduate mother" policies; then the streaming process in our primary schools began; the current thinking is use "immigration" to alter the balance between young and old;

have these programmes benefitted Singaporeans; were they well thought out

well, majority sinkies gave them the go-ahead election after election... shared responsibilies ;-)

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
will we become like a red shirt vs yellow shirt nation ... a white vs the other colors

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The "Stop-At-Two" & "Graduate Mum" schemes are nothing compared with the public housing policies.

By creating nuclear families and building smaller flats, it further reinforces the need to keep the family small in size. In a generation or two, a three tiered generation family consists of a father, a mother, two children and a pair of grandparents.

This nuclear family groups do not enjoy the support of a large and extended family that folks in the 60s used to enjoy. Gone are the days of a good sense of hierarchy and social standings, kids become what we say "bo dua bo sueh".

The lack of space in the pigeon holes also limits the size of the gathering, hence the quality of the interactions amongst family members are affected.

Now you have idiots saying that 6.9million folks in the country is not enough and are continuing to design smaller flats. These bunch of bozos ought to be charged for destroying the social fabric of our nation :mad::mad::mad:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
will we become like a red shirt vs yellow shirt nation ... a white vs the other colors

socio-economical stratification will be deeply entrenched in our society, want to see how it looks like? Take a trip to Hong Kong.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who said, "taking good care of our elders who built the nation is the right thing to do" .....

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
This post have made the pages of many sites in social media ... i will cut and paste here for posterity.

Quote:
JES: I am a Singaporean degree holder who has graduated with first class honours from an established university. I even got a first position in my whole entire class for my thesis.

My CV is pretty ‘attractive’, according to the interviewers at the interviews I’ve attended, coupled with the 3 years of working experiences I have in the same industry.

However, till now, I am jobless despite applying to everything, even to jobs outside of my industry. You know why? The reason is simple – FTs are spoiling the market.

I was feeling really depressed when I couldn’t get anything.

So I went to Jobstreet and applied for the jobs there. Good thing about the site is you can actually see who else applied to the same job as you and what industry they come from, as well as the pay they are asking for.

To my dismay, I see 13 foreigners who have higher qualifications applying for the same job – a job that is willing to pay SGD $2,500 to 4,000.

Out of curiosity, I went to check it out. Guess what? All 13 of them are Masters holder and they are asking for WAY LOWER pay than me. I don’t mean $200-300 lower or anything like it.

One of them is a fresh grad with Masters and he/she is asking for RMB 3,500. That is only SGD $1,200+, mind you! Absurd right? That’s even lower than an ITE graduate’s pay.

Another one of them who has a Masters and 10 years of experience is only asking for SGD 2,500, which is the minimum that the job is paying for.

If these people are not spoiling the market, then I don’t know what else they are doing.

And it’s times like this that you start to doubt the credibility of their academic papers.

Because if they are indeed holding onto degree certs from credible institutions – ones whose school fees are expensive – they wouldn’t even be asking for these amount of pay. You don’t need to be genius to figure this out; it’s just common sense.

So @Just A Guy, perhaps you don’t feel it because you are not born here.

But let me tell you, for Singapore citizens who were born and lived here their whole entire lives, listening to their parents and teachers who tell them that if they study hard and get good results, they would get a good job and earn a lot of money, they would feel incredibly disappointed and letdown by Singapore’s current system.

And most importantly, they would actually be dismayed by the government’s lack of interest in protecting the citizens over the foreigners.

As a PRC, I’m sure you are currently enjoying life with a well-paying job – one that pays way better than what your home country has to offer.

Put yourself in our shoes before you post such a lengthy post because you do not understand our situation here.

This commentary was written by Jes, and first published on unemployment support website, Transitioning.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the social engineering:

Majority of the lands are occupied with buildings like these:
LEGOLAND Hotel-Resize.jpg

And most sinkies begin to look like these:
lego family.jpeg

Singapore is not just a Lala Land but also a Lego Land!

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to the social engineering:

Majority of the lands are occupied with buildings like these:
View attachment 22933

And most sinkies begin to look like these:
View attachment 22934

Singapore is not just a Lala Land but also a Lego Land!

We now have in our midst an array of peoples who have nothing in common with the rest of us. They are here to enjoy the low taxes and our facilities and security (provided for by my sweat in National Service and live in the choicest properties). There is no enchancement to the income of the general population as evidenced by the fact that only @20% pay taxes. If you don't earn enough how to pay tax. The rest of us live in out lego like pigeon holes.

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
cut and paste from TR Emeritus

What you should know about the AHPETC-AIM saga
Protected August 20th, 2015 | Author: Contributions
With the elections coming, I decided to pen this article about the whole AHPETC saga. So far the articles that have been written have always been about the accounting lapses and what not. But none of them were written from an IT perspective. (Maybe no more SG IT professionals since all of them are replaced by FT, including me)

This is what we know so far.

The town council system that was used previously by the old Aljunied is a S$24 million software solution and it was sold to AIM for S$140,000.

I wasn’t involved in the project nor am I a member of WP. But anybody who has done Application Development projects with the government will know this is a huge project and it will probably involve hundreds of developers and testers, a couple of Project Managers and more Business Analysts. The size of the project tells me that they are using Oracle database (its license can easily reach $1million at least). The type of servers it is running on should be very high end, always turn on and has to be constantly kept cool (Air con is always on. Redundant air cons must be on standby in case the main one failed). This should be at least a 16 months project. I will not be surprised if it is 24 months.

However this is not the main issue. The main issue is the information from the database. And there are lots of it.

For example, these are the scenarios that I can think of.

Who has paid S&CC fees for last month? Who hasn’t? If you haven’t paid, is this your first time? Any reminders send? If so when? If this isn’t the first time, then how many times haven’t paid? If this isn’t the first time, then what are the months that have missed payments?

What type of flat? Based on flat type, penalty fees can be calculated.

Whether you are a PR or a citizen? Because the rates may be calculated differently.

If you have moved to a new flat within the GRC and you have missed the payments, what is the new address? How to ensure that the bill will be send to the new address and not the old?

These are just the tip of the iceberg. For a S$24 million project, there will be hundreds of scenarios more.

So if AHPETC was given 1 month to migrate the data, it will be an impossible task. Because to migrate, you need a new system for the migration to work. You need to migrate from the old to new system.

If there is no new system, then you have to export the data out. Given the time constraint, most likely to Excel files. And it will not be to 1 file. There will be hundreds/thousand of Excel file because of the way relational databases are designed. With Excel, it is very difficult to sort, filter and analyse the huge amount of data.

However that is only half the story.

When the export is done, you will need to import the data to the new system. And you can only do it after the new system is developed. Most likely the new system will be a subset of the old system.

Therefore with the removal of the system from AHPETC, all this information is gone. They will need to manually extract the information from the exported files. Definitely no easy task.

In short, I hope everyone will know the significance of what AIM has done.

Yours Sincerely,

Underemployed

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
We cannot be complacent. We have to continue to inform.
For those with the PG at home please guide and inform them.
Without the opposition gains in GE 2011 there would not have been the PG package

"Taking good care of our elders who built the nation is the right thing to do in the “fair and just society”

Chen Show Mao
MP for Aljunied GRC

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tens of thousands of Ah Tiongs that had free education in our tertiary institutions would have continued.

GE 2011 and the subsequent bye elections changed that.