• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia - Truly Asia

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Ye Olde Smokehouse was where I stayed and I really love the English atmosphere. I cannot recall much but it has a wonderful garden. The Victorian-styled inn is very simple and quaint and I remembered I had to walk up and down the stairs to our room.

Best of all was the Lipton Tea Plantation tour where we had a look at how tea was planted and processed and learn a lot about tea. Bought a blowpipe from a curio shop which I sometimes use for the heck of it. I might want to take another trip back there one day.

When was it that you went brother? I went there a few months ago and I have the impression that they are trying to strip the place clean of trees. Go there fast before everything nice is gone.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ye Olde Smokehouse was where I stayed and I really love the English atmosphere. I cannot recall much but it has a wonderful garden. The Victorian-styled inn is very simple and quaint
Bought a blowpipe from a curio shop which I sometimes use for the heck of it.
Is the old brit style phone booth still there? As for the blowpipe, can come in handy for your foes :p

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
112987059.RbWbUKsV.jpg

Putrajaya Malaysia
Putrajaya has become the new capital city near Kuala Lumpur. It was formerly known as Perang Besar and is located 25 km south of Kuala Lumpur. It's also 20 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang in the south.
Putrayaja is the new Administrative Center of the Government and will be a test bed for an electronic Government (a paperless administration) and will be equipped with the latest telecommunication technologies. It is set to be a model garden city with sophisticated information network base on multimedia technologies.

Kuala Lumpur is still the financial and commercial capital of Malaysia. About 70% of Putrajaya is still nature. Lush greenery, botanical gardens are spread across the landscape enhanced by large bodies of water and wetlands. Five confluences meet at the north forming a main waterway which flows across the city area.

112987111.9EeqkqfU.jpg

Masjid Putra - a beautiful mosque

112987784.M3gIJcpb.jpg

112987851.UtKWOx2W.jpg

112987866.kkKAuF1B.jpg

Putrajaya King Prawns! Shiok!!!!

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Devilishly sweet temptations - the crispy kreme doughnuts - melt in your mouth in KL

112995079.2Y5k01aX.jpg

traditional kampung chendol....

112995243.EeCVmbTz.jpg

delicious indian rojak in KL...

112995253.8jQxe0iE.jpg

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Kns kopi uncle, you make me have to go to KL this coming Good Friday long weekend :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing brother :smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kns kopi uncle, you make me have to go to KL this coming Good Friday long weekend :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing brother :smile:

yes sir.
have a great weekend - eating and of course you know what lah....makan shiok shiok at jalan alor....:smile:

5056432-Jalan_Alor_Food_Street_Kuala_Lumpur.jpg

image.jpg

5538849304_9d99984de9_z.jpg

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Penang -a great place to relax for the weekend...

118621485.qt5v6C5i.jpg

The Penang Jetty...

penang_road_cendol_02.jpg

Never miss the famous Penang Chendol!!!...Damned shiok!!!

4208695308_cab64ab614_o.jpg

penangchendol.jpg

Penang%20Road%20Famous%20Teochew%20Chendul_thumb%5B1%5D.jpg

Last edited:

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putrajaya Malaysia
Putrajaya has become the new capital city near Kuala Lumpur. It was formerly known as Perang Besar and is located 25 km south of Kuala Lumpur. It's also 20 kilometers from Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) at Sepang in the south.
Putrayaja is the new Administrative Center of the Government and will be a test bed for an electronic Government (a paperless administration) and will be equipped with the latest telecommunication technologies. It is set to be a model garden city with sophisticated information network base on multimedia technologies.

Kuala Lumpur is still the financial and commercial capital of Malaysia. About 70% of Putrajaya is still nature. Lush greenery, botanical gardens are spread across the landscape enhanced by large bodies of water and wetlands. Five confluences meet at the north forming a main waterway which flows across the city area.

Putrajaya looks nice with those waters.

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia voted the most friendly Islam country. But personally I find Indonesia to be more 'open' in their Islam values. Except for the 1990s period which they kill many Chinese.

Now it seems that Indonesia is becoming quite liberal in many ways.

The difference between Malaysia and Indonesia is in Malaysia the Malays are all muslim while in Indonesia, not all Indonesians are muslim, some are christians or animists.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The difference between Malaysia and Indonesia is in Malaysia the Malays are all muslim while in Indonesia, not all Indonesians are muslim, some are christians or animists.

I also think Indonesia is slight more secular and open than Malaysia. Pork is served in many of the 4/5 star hotels in Jakarta but you will never see pork being sold at any hotels, hawker centers or food court in KL. Many of the Chinese hawkers have gone halal to cater for the Malays.

Of course there will always be chinese exceptions like Kim Gary etc and restaurants that serve the expat community like The Blue Cow Café in Sri Hartamas.

The last time I saw pork dishes on the menu at a hotel was in Kuantan but this must have been at least 20 years ago.

laksa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also think Indonesia is slight more secular and open than Malaysia. Pork is served in many of the 4/5 star hotels in Jakarta but you will never see pork being sold at any hotels, hawker centers or food court in KL. Many of the Chinese hawkers have gone halal to cater for the Malays.

Of course there will always be chinese exceptions like Kim Gary etc and restaurants that serve the expat community like The Blue Cow Café in Sri Hartamas.

The last time I saw pork dishes on the menu at a hotel was in Kuantan but this must have been at least 20 years ago.

Haven't been to a hotel in Malaysia for long time, so do not know. Pork not sold in hawker centers or food court? Has Malaysia changed? Do you mean to say people can no longer eat char siew rice or wanton mee with char siew etc anymore in a hawker center in Malaysia?

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haven't been to a hotel in Malaysia for long time, so do not know. Pork not sold in hawker centers or food court? Has Malaysia changed? Do you mean to say people can no longer eat char siew rice or wanton mee with char siew etc anymore in a hawker center in Malaysia?

Pork products are still widely available in the older (chinese) hawker stalls but I would be surprised to see one in an air-con food court or hawker centre but of course you will always get char siew and siew mai in Chinese restaurants.

What I've noticed certainly in the last 10 years is a lot of non halal places changing their menu to accomodate the muslims. Most do so out of economic necessity rather than personal choice. By serving pork and other haram products, you've effectively eliminated approx 70% of your potential customers.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pork products are still widely available in the older (chinese) hawker stalls but I would be surprised to see one in an air-con food court or hawker centre but of course you will always get char siew and siew mai in Chinese restaurants.

What I've noticed certainly in the last 10 years is a lot of non halal places changing their menu to accomodate the muslims. Most do so out of economic necessity rather than personal choice. By serving pork and other haram products, you've effectively eliminated approx 70% of your potential customers.

Good Chinese eateries don't bother about the halal thingy. Those that cater to the Malays are average restaurant.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are Chinese areas and Malay areas ...you want to eat pork, go to Chinese areas. Some hotel restaurants are not halal. You can still eat char siew at food court - it is made of chicken.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There are Chinese areas and Malay areas ...you want to eat pork, go to Chinese areas. Some hotel restaurants are not halal. You can still eat char siew at food court - it is made of chicken.

frankly the standard of the food here has also fallen
in those areas managed by he bumis, the food is certainly atrocious
even the halal /malay food has gone down terribly
singapore is still the best if you know where to eat

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
frankly the standard of the food here has also fallen
in those areas managed by he bumis, the food is certainly atrocious
even the halal /malay food has gone down terribly
singapore is still the best if you know where to eat

I disagree with your statement that "singapore is the best place if you know where to eat".
Both Penang and Ipoh street food beat us both for quality and value for money.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I disagree with your statement that "singapore is the best place if you know where to eat".
Both Penang and Ipoh street food beat us both for quality and value for money.

you may be right
but without travelling to peang and ipoh
we can still find quality food right here in singapore
of course, it spares you the travelling time..

Peterson002

Yupp, I'd love that thing that you have said about malaysia, It'll represent a beautiful picture of Asia. Mine family also planning to visit it this year. Hopefully we'll see this in the current year. Anyone knows about good package can inform me.