• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Love Japanese Culture...

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well. I like the japanese culture and i'm just making a thread here for me and any other enthusiasts here that wants to discuss the reasons why.

LOL i just read thread that bashes the japs, etc and i'm just confused why anybody would do that to such wonderful culture...

Okay. i'm gonna start with the food. I love sushi, sashimi, I like all of em. I'm thankful that they, the japanese came up with such awesome food. And tempuras. And the katsus. And donburis and the Misos. Yumm.

And I love the medias they create. It's very refreshing. Specially in this hollywood dominated era. It's not as pretentious and over politically-correct like it's western counterpart. Like this manga I've been reading lately, Gantz. They tell the story like it is. And the characters didn't come across fake as plastic. Yes this is somewhat a specific genre and title of animes. And yes some animes are just as stupid as anything else. But still. It made it's impression on me. And ever since then I took a better liking to Japanese medias and all it's respective authors.

Oh and did I mention they make awesome horror movies. The recreation of the rings, the grudge, the darkwater, the yadda yadda. They know how to scare the shit out of people.

One last opinion I have about their culture (i know i've been dragging this too long). Is that they seem to know the beauty of minimalism. This is evident in the simple elegance of their buildings, foods, swords, scabards, houses, clothing, interior decorations, design, etc. It's the not the same kind of minimalism I like so much that the westerner invented (the bauhaus or something?). But i love it all the same.

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Me is Samsengkia lah...one who love Jap stuff and culture....not Drift...hehehe:biggrin:

Last edited:

Yoyogi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me, I always stay around Yoyogi area, just a station before Shinjuku. Yes, Jap food fantastic...people are also gracious unlike Sinkies.

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For me, I always stay around Yoyogi area, just a station before Shinjuku. Yes, Jap food fantastic...people are also gracious unlike Sinkies.

Yes brother...Yoyogi area is around the Meiji Shrine area...very peaceful u like nearby Shinjuku. There's a Freshness Burger outlet in Yoyogi...always hang around there for a smoke and nice burgers...

SamSengKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah, but different people, different character. He is still a nice guy lah.

agree...:biggrin:
the nutcase people here are pretty obvious...those idiotic members who believe they are sbf "policemen", zapping, infracting and what have you..no need to mention who...we all gotta eyes to see lah..