• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-senior exec sues Robinsons, claims he was forced to resign for being gay

ReturnOfTheSamurai

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ex-senior exec sues Robinsons, claims he was forced to resign for being gay

February 9, 2013 - 1:01am

By: Juliana June Rasul

019b4b13.jpg

TNP PHOTO: Jeremy Long

In what is believed to be a first here, a Singaporean man has sued his former company, claiming he was harassed into leaving his job because he is gay.

In papers filed in the High Court in December, Mr Lawrence Bernard Wee Kim San, who turns 40 this year, is claiming "constructive dismissal" against Robinsons.

He says his former boss at the departmental store, Mr Jim McCallum, had harassed him because he did not agree with Mr Wee's sexual orientation. Mr Wee worked for Robinsons for six years before resigning last August.

Robinsons, however, denies his claims that he was unfairly harassed by Mr McCallum.

It denies that any of his claims are true, including his claim that Mr McCallum had told Mr Wee's direct supervisor that Mr Wee "is wrong already as a person".

Read the full report in The New Paper on Saturday (Feb 9).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This has got to be a laugh. Robinsons has a history of taking in gays for yonks. It is probably the first gay friendly employer long long before it became trendy to politically correct.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He probably offer his asshole to his boss for a promotion; which his boss gladly refuse.

You really don't expect him to be a gay if he does not open his mouth. Look at his picture. The look of a typical pub chiongster. Next time I'm in the public loo, I better watch out for my ass :biggrin:

CopyCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
You really don't expect him to be a gay if he does not open his mouth. Look at his picture. The look of a typical pub chiongster. Next time I'm in the public loo, I better watch out for my ass :biggrin:

esp in Duxton area.... better cover your ass gao gao.. :biggrin:

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used to have some gay colleagues, they are the worst breed to work with. Worse than the female bitches in my office.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He cannot close his legs properly even when he is standing.....

Just kanna deep deep.......

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You mean they always try to touch you? :biggrin:

I really don't think so. Could be his work performance.

The gay thing is just an excuse for his poor (work) performance.

Some more the boss is ang moh ang being gay Is something very normal in the west.

Last edited:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
This has got to be a laugh. Robinsons has a history of taking in gays for yonks. It is probably the first gay friendly employer long long before it became trendy to politically correct.

Yes maybe in the past. Now Robinsons are owned by the christian taliban crooks lippo group.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a declared gay subordinate before. Very open with his sexual orientation.

very good in his work, but I think he is the more feminine kind.

Can throw tantrums and can be moody, I was confused as fuck on how to deal wit him.

And more gossipy than other female. v good at gossipping and back biting.

Weird people, I cant understd how they find similar sex attractive, they have what you have, wheres the mystery?

Anyway, its up to them.