• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Speech Ever in a long while - Inderjit

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didnt TCB once voted against the motion even though the Whip was not lifted?

Yes he did. On the NMP scheme. He was disciplined by the party. He could do it as his margin in an SMC is huge and had been repeatedly voted into CEC by the party faithfuls, outperforming some of the ministers.

This White Paper is an obvious sham, devoid of substance.

If Inderjit is so convicted, shdnt he do a TCB on this vote? I will have great respect for him

I went through the Hansard to check up on TCB supposedly voting against the motion despite the Whip.

During the well known 1992 incident with Mr Chiam See Tong and Mr Low Thia Khiang cheering Dr Tan Cheng Bock's "I cannot support this motion" end of speech, the Whip was actually lifted:
http://sprs.parl.gov.sg/search/topi...2833-ZZ_1#id026_19920529_S0004_T00103-motion#

In 1989 when NMPs were first brought up in an amendment, Dr Tan Cheng Bock did speak up against the Bill, but ended up voting for it because the Whip was not lifted.

http://sprs.parl.gov.sg/search/topi...061836-ZZ_1#id003_19891130_S0002_T00031-bill#
http://sprs.parl.gov.sg/search/topi...061822-ZZ_1#id014_19891129_S0003_T00032-bill#

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The population white paper was endorsed with an amendment on Friday, with 77 Members of Parliament giving their approval.

Thirteen said no, including all nine Workers' Party Parliamentarians, Non-Constituency MP Lina Chiam and Nominated MPs Laurence Lien, Faizah Jamal, and Janice Koh. NMP Eugene Tan abstained from voting. Eight people were absent.

So Inderjit still vote along the party line afterall. Let don't pin our hope on these psuedo opposition from PAP pretending to speak up only to vote the other way.

Only 1/3 opposition presences can save us.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the votes were just taken, and Mr Inderjit Singh voted 'aye'.

So the suspicious on Mr Singh on whether he is genuine or for show is for all to see now.

He voted aye.

The forummers here are smart, they know it.

It's all fake. Quite sad.

alternativemediarocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
The population white paper was endorsed with an amendment on Friday, with 77 Members of Parliament giving their approval.

Thirteen said no, including all nine Workers' Party Parliamentarians, Non-Constituency MP Lina Chiam and Nominated MPs Laurence Lien, Faizah Jamal, and Janice Koh. NMP Eugene Tan abstained from voting. Eight people were absent.

So Inderjit still vote along the party line afterall. Let don't pin our hope on these psuedo opposition from PAP pretending to speak up only to vote the other way.

Only 1/3 opposition presences can save us.

pseudo opposition is right. he was probably always a double agent type- if SDP or WP was stupid enough to take him. It would have been a successful plant.
no wonder PAP uses him.
GSM must and be green and fedup with envy. His old job is taken

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to Capt GMS for posting the speech by Mr Inderjit..

After seeing the contents of his speech, I agree fully to his suggestions.. I think his ideas is workable and it will make the PRs think twice before they want to play punk with our system..

But will the PM and his Ministers really give a serious look on these good suggestions being initiated by Mr Inderjit?

Or will they just dump his proposal inside the rubbish bin and carry on screwing S'poreans in favor of their beloved FT pets?

As expected Mr Turbanator Singh was just full of hot air and doin the usual PAP wayang..

In the end he toed his turban along his Party line..

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The other PAP MPs who voted for the White Paper I can understand as they spoke in favour of it.

But Inderjit Singh's action, after his impassioned speech, fills me with disgust.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,
its called toe the party line - ie it means the whip not lifted

If got conscience, a mp who cannot follow party line has only one option open to him, which is to resign.

But do you think a pappy mp will resign?
of kos not la, be realistic, we r dealing with pappys here, not humans with a heart.

The other PAP MPs who voted for the White Paper I can understand as they spoke in favour of it.

But Inderjit Singh's action, after his impassioned speech, fills me with disgust.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
In his facebook he says he did not vote. This squares with what someone said that he absented himself just before the vote.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to check. This is what he posted on FB:

Prime Minister decided to slow down growth of foreigners as i asked, i think him for listening. best you read carefully what he said - he addressed many of the issue we raised and promised to change things. I spoke from my heart and will do what i can to change things. For your information, i did not vote!

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
err....I think we all miss miss one very important point
Exactly how many PRs and Citizens renounce their citizenship in sg and leave for greener pastures?
When they say 6.9million, do they factor in these group of people who leave sg?
If yes, then holy cow the actual population sg will be more than that, perhaps 8 million?
If not, then they are actually replenishing the diminishing population due to migration.

This white paper could have an inverse effect. Instead of increasing the population,
it may actually result in having less. It may speed up the outflow of talent leaving this island
due to resentment and changing mindset of sg as an ideal place of stay.
The consequences could be far more reaching that they have expected.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, the votes were just taken, and Mr Inderjit Singh voted 'aye'.

Inderjit did a repeat of the Fall of Punjab to the British.

He is a disgrace to the turbanned Sikhs of Singapore. He should cut his hair and shave his beard in public. The Sikhs should flog him in public.

Starting starting very vociferous but later a coward. Hahahahahahah. What a different kind of BAYIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!

A truly disgraceful and cowardly Sikh. Remind me of my research into Punjab surrender to the British written by Cpt Cunningham and others about the valour and loyalty of Sikhs. What I read is nothing but sheer bull, goat or Sikh shit....This guy is a bumpkin........thats all.

He is a millionaire and should thank his benefactors for all this. Thats why he said "AYE". A disgrace to "BAYIS"

Inderjit is just like the Hill Rajas of Punjab who were very good with the Maharaja Ranjit Singh and also very good with the British.

The British were trying to overthrow the last powerful Punjab monarch Ranjit Singh..

The rajas were like Inderjit Singh - double-headed snakes. Thats why the Sikhs lost their Kingdom of Punjab to the British because of traitors like Inderjit who is not fit to use the name Singh, which I understand means a Lion. He don't even look like a Lion, Tiger but more like a RAT.

The bayis lost Pinjab to the British because of such traitors like Inderjit. Their kids, women and old folks were massacred in Jallianwala Murders by General Dyer - thanks to traitors like Inderjit Singh. You bayis will never ever get another Kingdom again becazuse of nsuch pariahs like IS.

The thread-starter called Inderjit a "Warrior" wrongfully. Inderjit is nothing but a "Coward" with turban and beard. The turban, I was told covered hi baldness.

All bayis in Singapore and the whole world please treat him like a pariah. Kohliantye look down upon such blokes....

IS has face but cannot find his mouth.

So all Good bayis please DON'T respect him and don't ever invite such a coward to your functions or to your temples.

In doing so you open the doors of Hell to yourself. Stay away from such low-class demons.

How can your Guru's ambition come true as having a place in India when your people are such low-class blokes.

Sorry, the SIKHS don;t deserve such respect because of people like Inderjit Singh.

When he cut his hair and shave his beard in public, please invite all of us.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well I'm probably wrong about him voting 'aye', since he claimed he did not vote.
Either he was not at his seat when the vote was taken, or he didn't enter his vote into the electronic voting device.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I am sure Inderjit is not the only PAP member who objects to the White Paper. Common sense says it will hurt Singapore more than it will help. The rest just kept quiet and voted Aye because they love their MP pay too much to give it up for the country.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inderjit Singh has spoken up against the PAP on more than one occasion. It doesn't surprise me that he's the one who's attacked this policy.

I don't know what's going to happen when he and LHL meet up for the next town council meeting. Maybe LHL doesn't care about what Inderjit Singh says. Maybe Inderjit Singh is just one of what VI Lenin calls a "useful idiot".

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Inderjit Singh has spoken up against the PAP on more than one occasion. It doesn't surprise me that he's the one who's attacked this policy.

I don't know what's going to happen when he and LHL meet up for the next town council meeting. Maybe LHL doesn't care about what Inderjit Singh says. Maybe Inderjit Singh is just one of what VI Lenin calls a "useful idiot".

He maybe be playing the sympathy card. So LHL's Ang Mo Kio GRC is safe cause Inderjit played the nice card

Yinyang13

You obviously got your history of Punjab all wrong. For starters, the hill chiefs, that is the dogra brothers, were not Sikhs.

Secondly, the Jalianwala Bagh massacre happened due to a British military operation to stem out a potential revolt.