• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Speech Ever in a long while - Inderjit

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try my very best but my colleagues VB and TCJ made those claims but are now worse than the rest. But my ex-colleagues tend to be more forthright at the tail end of their tenure.

Dear Mr Inderjit, are you sure you can make changes from within? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for putting the speech up for discussion. I am still amazed why he did this. It flies in the face of the establishment particularly those who have been pushing the FT wagon for sometime.

Honestly who the fuck wants to do NS? The 70% of PR kids missing it is a shocker.

. I was just PM to a friend on the perspective that PAP should solve the present problems caused by the pr.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try my very best but my colleagues VB and TCJ made those claims but are now worse than the rest. But my ex-colleagues tend to be more forthright at the tail end of their tenure.
By change from within, VB and TCJ meant that they themselves will change when they are within the PAP inner circle.

Congratulations to VB and TCJ, their transformation is complete. Mission accomplished and election promise fulfilled.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
By change from within, VB and TCJ meant that they themselves will change when they are within the PAP inner circle.

Congratulations to VB and TCJ, their transformation is complete. Mission accomplished and election promise fulfilled.
We are the PAP.Surrender and be prepared to be assimilated. Resistance is futile!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even the PAP stalwarts know what is happening on the ground and some of them still have good sense. They did not speak out so forcefully in the past because they felt that it was still possible to change the PAP from within. And to put it simply, even as recent as several years ago the ground still has not shifted so massively against them. They felt they had time. And they had their large salaries which put them in a comfort zone.

Now that they felt the massive ground shift, which by comparison to SG's pol history can only be described as tectonic, they know that good sense must prevail. The "change PAP from within" mantra espoused by the P65 generation is falling apart because they know time is running short. That is why we will be getting more Inderjit Singhs stepping forward with unusually clear sense of political maturity and common decency to speak the truth.

It is a good time.

I am sure we are all puzzled, amazed and gobsmacked that it came from Inderjit, a dyed in the wool PAP man. The fact that he is deputy whip says where his heart lies. Yet this came from him. The other interesting thing is that he has always been noted for looking after SMEs and entrepreneurs as he is one and the the ones who will be impacted if the Govt withdraws are these people who depend significantly on cheap labour.

Are we looking at another Tan Soo Khoon, who opened up with both barrels when he stepped down as speaker.

Of all the speeches that was against the govt on the white paper, this one takes the cake by a mile. It was not your normal politician speech. It went straight to the guts of the issue and what Singapore means to Singaporeans.

It also shows that people who can put across robust counter arguments are in PAP and we need to look harder to convince such people to join the opposition.

Being a skeptic of anything that PAP says, I was looking for some angle or some reason to suggest that it could mean something else. I could not find anything to suggest that there is an ulterior motive behind this unusual candour.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he is stepping down in GE2016. Last burst of fire?

What he said is also close to what I have proposed here - have a moratorium until we ease the current situation. Khaw is ridiculous, asking us to trust him again. Their projection overshot 3 x over the last 3 decades, and he asks us to bear with them while they do it again - screw up.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Limiting the privileges of PRs eh? Looks like I was not alone in this line of thought. Why be a citizen when you get most of the monetary perks of citizenship by being a PR? Clearly citizenship is not a compelling case for a young male yet to be conscripted.

Also it appears the Member is not blind to the blatant abuse of the PR system by some of our earlier immigrants post independence. Guess which nationality?

Providence favoured us as Singapore grew faster and had more opportunities than they could have at home. We shared our hearth with them like brothers, hoping they would learn to love this land we call home. But no, not all migrants are the same. All but 30% of their male offspring would choose not to be conscripted as part of fulfilling the social contract of residency for their parents and siblings. For years PRs have enjoyed privileges nearly as generous as citizens in the hope that their children will fulfill their obligations. This policy has not worked. No, that is an understatement. It has failed miserably, and while my heart is full of envy at those who have had two and a half years headstart in life finding their place in life, it is but human nature to keep options open and choose that which suits oneself.

Thus the blame falls squarely is the policy makers, the elite admin service that is so frequently lauded. Loopholes have existed, abuse has been logged, and nothing been done for years! What have you got to say for yourselves? Are you conniving worms, or are you incompetent fools? Perhaps you would blame the PAP government? Yes, YES! I would like to hear more.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a good speech but the content is nothing new. All the items/points have been brought up and discussed in SBF for several years already ...
ya, man! ...

dat bayi haf been reading sbf all dese yrs ... n leeching ideas n info from here 4 contents of his chip presentation ... :mad:

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is indeed cheap. If he truly believes in what he said he can cast a vote against his govt and subject himself to party discipline. :biggrin:

sancugat

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is puzzling is that on one hand he calls the Government to take a 5 year breather on economic and population growth and on the other hand attacked WP's proposal to scale back population growth to 5.9 M in 2030. If WP proposal will cause SMEs to fail and MNCs to leave our shore, isn't his no growth for 5 years a worst scenario?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah! all wayang!!! this singh same GRC as lhl, he gotta say something to please the people so his master lhl can get some vote when stupid people vote for him. as long as it is a pap, dont vote for "it". because they are dogs.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...talking is sweet, people follow like sheep
ya, man! ...

toking is chip ... ppl follow like sheep ... even tho there is nowhere 2 go ...

how cud dey tel ... he deceived dem so wel ... p-t dey'll b ze last 1 2 noe ... :o

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing will agree - the transformation is indeed complete. I still remember VB's firery comments about it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good points bro.

Now that they felt the massive ground shift, which by comparison to SG's pol history can only be described as tectonic, they know that good sense must prevail. The "change PAP from within" mantra espoused by the P65 generation is falling apart because they know time is running short. That is why we will be getting more Inderjit Singhs stepping forward with unusually clear sense of political maturity and common decency to speak the truth.

It is a good time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a major point that he addressed and brought out very well. It was something that others did not highlight or missed completely. The system has been setup to exploit with no long term commitment. Something that Ngiam highlighted when he showed how the Hongkongers sold their HDB flats and left. L

Limiting the privileges of PRs eh? Looks like I was not alone in this line of thought. Why be a citizen when you get most of the monetary perks of citizenship by being a PR? Clearly citizenship is not a compelling case for a young male yet to be conscripted.

Also it appears the Member is not blind to the blatant abuse of the PR system by some of our earlier immigrants post independence. Guess which nationality?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He actually told his family that he was not planning to contest 2011 but I think the party wanted to keep him. I am sure he had enough.

Maybe he is stepping down in GE2016. Last burst of fire?

What he said is also close to what I have proposed here - have a moratorium until we ease the current situation. Khaw is ridiculous, asking us to trust him again. Their projection overshot 3 x over the last 3 decades, and he asks us to bear with them while they do it again - screw up.