• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Speech Ever in a long while - Inderjit

Yinyang13

Whatever your grief with Inderjit Singh, keep his religion out of this. And not Just because someone belongs to a visibly distinctive race. Mind you, insinuating that a Sikh should cut his hair or beard is not only religiously insensitive, it is also libelous or slanderous.

It is quite obvious from your comments that you against personal vendetta. Perhaps you are an ostracized Sikh yourself and are using platforms such as these to grind your axe against the community.

pegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is every one giving so much credit and face to Inderjit Singh. His record speaks for itself. On nearly very major policy debate he has always spoken against the motion is some way or the other and came right back at the end and voted for the motion. He is a true blue dyed in the wool PAP member. He has personnally benefited immensely from being not only a PAPPY but also more so from being part of AMK with Pinky. Have you seen how he stands like a dog next to Pinky every time there is a photo op? In the last election, when Pinky was being interviewed live on interview after the election results, Inderjit Singh was seen on TV in the background talking to some reporters. The moment he saw Pinky being interviewed, he made a dash to be right next to Pinky. He seems to have excellent peripheral vision when it comes to these things. He literally ran and was quite breathless. This is what my pet poodle does when I call. In this case he did not have to be called. His super sense of smell and vision made him make the dash and he stood right next to Pinky panting away like a dog, intently starring into the lens. Singh knows on which side of his chapati is well gheed. In previous cases he sort of get away with it. Not this time i think.The backlash against him now on the net is quite intense. He has now lost even the little credibility he had in the first place and he is trying to redeem it by claiming he was not present for the voting!! So what you were not present. It does not mean a ting. What a shamster and hypocrite trying to worm himself out of the hole he dug himself into.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a classic example of running with the hare and hunting with the hounds. Generally the Sikh community toe the government line and they are settled comfortably in the public and private sectors. Those who tuck their head out, like the NUS guy Bilveer Singh, will quickly retract with apologies. It is all thunder but no rain. An exception is the late "opposition politician" lawyer Harbans Singh who was of entertainment value and had never been slapped with libel or slander suits.

Last edited:

whitepaper

if you have a grudge with inderjit, go and tackle him personally. do not defame the sikh religion. you are a sikh too. i would suggest you remove the part of the sikh religion.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please understd, unless whip is lifted (which I dont see happening) IS has to toe party line.

It is already a big deal the chap spoke up against it, to expect him to vote against it when whip not lifted is unrealistic.

If you want to read more into it, it just shows us that not everyone within the party agrees with it and some feel so passionately about it that they speak up openly, but other than that, dont blow it out of proportion.

But kudos to the singh for speaking up, he is one fella who got balls in that party.

At least there are still some hope for PAP. I believe some PAP MPs feel the same.

Singapore need to develop other ways to achieve its economic growth. There are still deep pockets of third world labour practises that can be mechanised -but cheap foreign workers are causing capital investments in this areas to be distorted.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You obviously got your history of Punjab all wrong. For starters, the hill chiefs, that is the dogra brothers, were not Sikhs.

Secondly, the Jalianwala Bagh massacre happened due to a British military operation to stem out a potential revolt.

Sorry bro,

To be honest I have all the respects for the Sikhs as they were the last Kingdom to fall to the British during the days of Dalhousie.

Three major Anglo-Sikh Wars were fought by the valiant Sikhs against the British.

The final War that led to the annexation of the Punjab was at a River Crossing.

Jalianwala Bagh was a cold-blooded attack on innocent Sikhs, mostly women, young and old whose only mistake was to get fairness from the British.

There was no "potential Revolt" at all. They were killed because they gathered there and that was against the British orders that no on was allowed to gather in numbers.

Finally, what I stated in my write-up was about the valour and bravery of Sikhs from the time they were baptised into a fighting Force by the 10th Guru Gobind Singh. They were extremely proud people and mostly are true warriors.

I am angry with the stance taken by Inderjit Singh. It was truly unbecoming of a Sikh like him.

Once again, if I have erred please bear with me as I am still reading through another major book.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever your grief with Inderjit Singh, keep his religion out of this. And not Just because someone belongs to a visibly distinctive race. Mind you, insinuating that a Sikh should cut his hair or beard is not only religiously insensitive, it is also libelous or slanderous.

It is quite obvious from your comments that you against personal vendetta. Perhaps you are an ostracized Sikh yourself and are using platforms such as these to grind your axe against the community.

Again my apologies.

Now I know the truth. Contrary to what my Sikh buddies proudly tell me that Sikhs are never ostracised, now I learn the truth.

Thanks for the information. In future, I will never ever accept at face value whatever they tell me about their faith.

Last edited: