• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inderjit Singh - about the only honest PAP MP today

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[SINGAPORE] That the government needs to fix immediate problems first and regain the trust of the populace emerged as a common theme yesterday, as Members of Parliament entered the second day of the population debate.

Indeed, there is a need to take a five-year breather to "solve all the problems created by the past policies of rapid economic and population growth", said Inderjit Singh (Ang Mo Kio GRC), stressing the need to find a better balance between economic growth and social cohesion.

To that end, the numbers added to the Singapore population - in terms of permanent residentships and citizenships granted - must be more exact, and not planned on the basis of "hoping we hit some number".

"We missed the mark the last 10 years, and are already paying a high price for that mistake," he said. "As a government, we need to rebuild the trust and confidence among Singaporeans that our citizens matter most to us, and that we are willing to take a break from our relentless drive for growth to solve their problems. Let's delay the plans for population growth for now, and focus on nation building."

exgoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, it was Inderjit Singh who coined the phrase "Growth at all costs", if I am not mistaken.

Yes, he is just about the only decent PAP MP left standing today..

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singh ended up contradicting himself in the same parliamentary sitting.
On the one hand he cautioned that businesses cannot be expected to adjust in short time and need more workers.
On the other hand, he proposed freezing population growth for 5 years.
Honest you say?

I have a better suggestion for Singh. do both at the same time, which is what exactly we are doing.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
[SINGAPORE] That the government needs to fix immediate problems first and regain the trust of the populace emerged as a common theme yesterday, as Members of Parliament entered the second day of the population debate.

Indeed, there is a need to take a five-year breather to "solve all the problems created by the past policies of rapid economic and population growth", said Inderjit Singh (Ang Mo Kio GRC), stressing the need to find a better balance between economic growth and social cohesion.

To that end, the numbers added to the Singapore population - in terms of permanent residentships and citizenships granted - must be more exact, and not planned on the basis of "hoping we hit some number".

"We missed the mark the last 10 years, and are already paying a high price for that mistake," he said. "As a government, we need to rebuild the trust and confidence among Singaporeans that our citizens matter most to us, and that we are willing to take a break from our relentless drive for growth to solve their problems. Let's delay the plans for population growth for now, and focus on nation building."

I have never trusted this fucking dog eversince he played that "he said she said" con show 2 elections ago...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the one hand he cautioned that businesses cannot be expected to adjust in short time and need more workers.
Honest you say?

I have a better suggestion for Singh. do both at the same time, which is what exactly we are doing.

Being a PAPIB you should very well understand rasicm will not be tolerated in this country. I will infract you for being rascist.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
To whichever goodu that zapped me 2 points on this topic: I am only interested to give Kinana a slap, i have no love for Inderjit Singh.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honest you say?

Singh can fuck your backside and spank you on the butt at the same time..

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The split in the FAP is evident and will be complete when the Old Dud passes on.
Singh is firmly in LHL camp. Makes me wonder if LHL is reluctant to increase population but TCH and gang is pushing ahead to cater to his OCBC family ties?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singh is firmly in LHL camp. Makes me wonder if LHL is reluctant to increase population but TCH and gang is pushing ahead to cater to his OCBC family ties?

You stupid retarded daft sinky! Idiots like you spend precious time talking up nonsense that the PAPzis will break up when for 50 years there has been no evidence. On the contrary people like you have become even more idiotic. WHo gives a fark if the PAPzis break up 200 years later because that is how long it will take for them to break up, if they break up. Right now and for the forseeable future, up to another 25 to 50 years they have created policies to allow them to stay in power. And yet idiots like you wonder about senseless and pathetic ideas. :oIo:

The PAPzis will never break up. They are filled with yesmen and yeswomen who will find it hard to even make 10% of what they are getting as a PAPzi member if they were outside of politics. And you expect them to rock their boat? :oIo:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You stupid retarded daft sinky! Idiots like you spend precious time talking up nonsense that the PAPzis will break up when for 50 years there has been no evidence. On the contrary people like you have become even more idiotic. WHo gives a fark if the PAPzis break up 200 years later because that is how long it will take for them to break up, if they break up. Right now and for the forseeable future, up to another 25 to 50 years they have created policies to allow them to stay in power. And yet idiots like you wonder about senseless and pathetic ideas. :oIo:

The PAPzis will never break up. They are filled with yesmen and yeswomen who will find it hard to even make 10% of what they are getting as a PAPzi member if they were outside of politics. And you expect them to rock their boat? :oIo:

Its all one chow cheebye wayang for the PAP. Get this fucker to say this, get that cheebye to say that/...in the end they will say all has been said and heard and this is the verdict.

this is so that nobody can accuse them of not hearing everything to be heard on the issue when they have made up their fucking minds already on what they wanna do.

Tuayapeh is taking bets 5 to 1 ....says that the PAP will carry on with the fucking population ponzi plan (PPP) anyway!!!!