• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how many days should a shop close for CNY?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I m thinking for 7 days. then everyone back for a open biz's feast with a good luck angpow. after that, everyone gets back to their relevant post hopefully fully rejunvenated.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
some of other business i heard are going to be closed indefinitely.

dunno how many are going out of jobs soon? :(

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I m thinking for 7 days. then everyone back for a open biz's feast with a good luck angpow. after that, everyone gets back to their relevant post hopefully fully rejunvenated.

the worst employer i've ever heard of is Ossia International (World of Sport/Golf both belong to them)............1st day of CNY also must work............no bonus...........no angbao..........no nothing.............no OT..................

always hear the sales people complain when i buy golf balls..............and most of staff at their other retail stores are Pinoys............real fucked up company.........

as for me leh.............company close 7 days...............no bonus ever..............no angbao ever..............but got dinner.............

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
the worst employer i've ever heard of is Ossia International (World of Sport/Golf both belong to them)............1st day of CNY also must work............no bonus...........no angbao..........no nothing.............no OT..................

always hear the sales people complain when i buy golf balls..............and most of staff at their other retail stores are Pinoys............real fucked up company.........

as for me leh.............company close 7 days...............no bonus ever..............no angbao ever..............but got dinner.............

They are owned by ah nehs right?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Here's an idea: stop working for them, and stop doing business with its establishments.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are owned by ah nehs right?

boh lah..........Chinese............

i ever work for Ah Neh before............it was bad but still not so bad...............worst ever employer i had was Chinese.............

best is to work for Ang Moh company lah............

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
They shouldn't reopen at all if they are so rich to afford closing the business for CNY to celebrate!

KNNBXCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think besides the 2 days of PH, shops should not close. Otherwise, where to buy food? By the way, will Geylang chicken house be open during CNY? :o

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
They shouldn't reopen at all if they are so rich to afford closing the business for CNY to celebrate!

many hawker stalls are also closed at extended period. there is also a funny happening during CNY. some hawker food prices are unfairly increased.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
boh lah..........Chinese............

i ever work for Ah Neh before............it was bad but still not so bad...............worst ever employer i had was Chinese.............
best is to work for Ang Moh company lah............

Wait till you have the chance to work for Hongkies and Taiwanese. Total crap employers :(

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now u know why we need other nationality. Because most or more than 90% local reluctant to work on public holiday/weekend/night shift .

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now u know why we need other nationality. Because most or more than 90% local reluctant to work on public holiday/weekend/night shift .

I beg to differ. Most of these foreign thrashes do not want to work those hours and holidays as well.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Businessmen are asking when it's an auspicious day to Open shop; here you are asking otherwise..Lu into which
Bizness One ?..:*:
Btw; an auspicious day this CNY to open shop wouLd be 13.02.2013 @ 9.30am.You may do your countback from here..:cool:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i learned that "ren ri" or man's day must open business (for show only) just to give good luck angpows to employees.

if everyone is happy, there should be no problem :smile:

Fugly

Alfrescian
Loyal

Close for good if business is bad even on CNY. :biggrin: