• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of Streetdeal SCAM

Survivor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a travel package with Streetdeal sometimes in October 2012.

Sway Sway, the vendor providing the travel package (Travelmoove) went bankrupt.

I complained to CASE, but CASE couldn’t do anything and advised me to sue Streetdeal at Small Claims Tribunal.

I was sure I could take back some money if not 100% at the Small Claims Tribunal.

But this dishonest Streetdeal has a very unfair and dirty clause in their terms and conditions. Because of this clause, Small Claims Tribunal threw out my case.

In Clause 17 of the T&C, it states that for any dispute with Streetdeal, we must settle our dispute at Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC).

It sound fair and gentlemen at first, but after checking the website of SIAC, I realized the lowest fee of arbitration at SIAC is about $6500, and I have to pay upfront $8750 first. And no class action allow in that clause! So if anyone buys a $20 meal voucher or a $200 beauty package or anything from Streetdeal, and is not happy with the purchase, that person will have to pay $8750 to settle the dispute at SIAC.

Who in their right mind will do that? In all practical sense, Streetdeal will always weasel out of any dispute and consumers like me are SCxxxxx!

Shame on Streetdeal.sg.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if $400, forget it lah... but $4000 then heart pain.

find someone to check out the owner of that company and beat him up lor since law cannot deal with him.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you believe you can win and get your money back, sue them by engaging a private lawyer, claiming costs of legal fees if demand not met.

Settle a dispute is NOT the same as suing. There is no dispute to settle. It is a claim for refund, citing your reasons.

Streetdeal.sg may think it is smart, but I am smarter than those conniving bastards.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you believe you can win and get your money back, sue them by engaging a private lawyer, claiming costs of legal fees if demand not met.

Settle a dispute is NOT the same as suing. There is no dispute to settle. It is a claim for refund, citing your reasons.

Streetdeal.sg may think it is smart, but I am smarter than those conniving bastards.

wow,, ok then go for it.. hammer them.

Survivor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid about $3k.

Even if I win the case, I may not get back all my money.

Just got to let go and learn an expensive lesson.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I paid about $3k.

Just got to let go and learn an expensive lesson.

You don't have to learn such a lesson. Just get your ass off your couch and go find any lawyer, pay $100 to $150 to that lawyer to write a letter of demand. Give Streetdeal.sg 48 hours to respond or legal proceedings without any further reference and remind them that all legal fees will be borne by them.

They will respond to settle.

It is also an un-enforceable clause to disallow class act and you know why? Because in Singapore, there is no such laws governing class act. Singapore has no class act laws. Hence, you can gather a few aggrieved parties and engage the same lawyer, but on separate law-suits, not together. No one, including Streetdeal.sg can stop a group of people to engage the same lawyer and split the costs among them.

Survivor

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't have to learn such a lesson. Just get your ass off your couch and go find any lawyer, pay $100 to $150 to that lawyer to write a letter of demand. Give Streetdeal.sg 48 hours to respond or legal proceedings without any further reference and remind them that all legal fees will be borne by them.

They will respond to settle.

It is also an un-enforceable clause to disallow class act and you know why? Because in Singapore, there is no such laws governing class act. Singapore has no class act laws. Hence, you can gather a few aggrieved parties and engage the same lawyer, but on separate law-suits, not together. No one, including Streetdeal.sg can stop a group of people to engage the same lawyer and split the costs among them.

If you look closely at the Clause part(5) which I pasted below, Streetdeal make it very difficult to sue them 'cheaply' and 'easily'. Even if I sue them in Court and I win, the odd of getting back 100% of my legal cost and loss is not a certainty.

Assuming that the legal cost is only $15k, and I am awarded 80% of legal cost and 100% of my loss, I still lose $3K plus all the times wasted on the case, frustration and pressure of going court. Not worth it.

Legally it is not practically to go after them, but I can still kick Streetdeal's ass. I will post as many entries about Streetdeal scam as I can on the internet, so that when anyone check up on Streetdeal.sg, he will see all these entries about Streetdeal and becomes wise.

You have been warned.

17. Arbitration.
By using this Site, End User agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy End User may have against streetdeal arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Agreement, this Site, or any Microsite, or the purchase or sale of any Voucher(s), shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC") and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by SIAC ("Rules and Procedures"); (2) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by SIAC pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for End User), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by End User and streetdeal; (3) the arbitrator shall apply Singapore law consistent with the Singapore Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (4) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the End User's and/or streetdeal's individual claims; and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (5) in the event that the End User is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, streetdeal will pay as much of the End User's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (6) with the exception of subpart (4) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by SIAC, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (4) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither End User nor streetdeal shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on SIAC and its Rules and Procedures, End Users may visit the SIAC website at http://www.siac.org.sg.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I paid about $3k.

"Just got to let go and learn from experience, for $3,000, you should have made a little effort to book your own rooms, there are loads out there, asiarooms, agoda etc., airlines , from budget to regular ones, hotels, nowadays popular ones, cheaper ones, like hostels, etc. Do it on your own."

"Anything that sound so very cheap, especially those travel packages...what do you expect? even if you had gone on holiday with that package, you will soon discover that, they cut corners deep!

What to do, it already happened, move on!:p:biggrin:"

Last edited:

goondusamy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I complained to CASE, but CASE couldn’t do anything and advised me to sue Streetdeal at Small Claims Tribunal.

Did you just signed up with CASE as a member and paid for the CASE membership so that they could advise you?

The last time, I have to sign up and pay membership fee to CASE before they talk to me about my case. After talking to them, I realised that I wasted more money and time with a whole bunch of idiots.

Never trust CASE thereafter.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
17. Arbitration.
By using this Site, End User agrees that: (1) any claim, dispute, or controversy End User may have against streetdeal arising out of, relating to, or connected in any way with this Agreement, this Site, or any Microsite, or the purchase or sale of any Voucher(s), shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre ("SIAC") and conducted before a single arbitrator pursuant to the applicable Rules and Procedures established by SIAC ("Rules and Procedures"); (2) the arbitration shall be held at a location determined by SIAC pursuant to the Rules and Procedures (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for End User), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by End User and streetdeal; (3) the arbitrator shall apply Singapore law consistent with the Singapore Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law; (4) there shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the End User's and/or streetdeal's individual claims; and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated; (5) in the event that the End User is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, streetdeal will pay as much of the End User's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive; and (6) with the exception of subpart (4) above, if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures established by SIAC, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, subpart (4) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this Arbitration Provision shall be null and void, and neither End User nor streetdeal shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. For more information on SIAC and its Rules and Procedures, End Users may visit the SIAC website at http://www.siac.org.sg.

When I see such lengthy clause, I usually walk away. Such clause is so explicitly "cover backside" for the company.
For insurance claims, it is worse. Insurance company will make it EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to claim. Why it is worse is because you will not know what tricks the insurance company will throw at you when you claim, because the tricks are hidden from you in the first instance and only when you claim, then you're thrown all sorts of difficult stumbling blocks. Beware of insurance companies. All insurance companies are the same. Corporate scams.

Survivor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just receive an email from StreetDeal (see below in BLUE).

After reading the email, my first thought was that they were going to compensate all the victims through Streetdollars and I was naturally happy about it.

But after seeing the terms and conditions, I want to spit at Streetdeal.

The Streetdollars can only be used for 10%-20% of the cost of the item. Eg. If I buy a beauty product from Streetdeal for $100, I can pay $20 through Streetdollars and $80 in Cash. The directors and top management must have thought we have bird brain or something.

I don't trust Streetdeal anymore and their compensation plan is actually to make me pay them more money? How stupid do you think we are?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM STREETDEAL, YOU WILL REGRET!!

Dear XXX,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Greetings from StreetDeal Singapore.

We are ready to assist you

We at StreetDeal understand that you were not able to proceed with booking your holidays with AbsolutInspira Pte Ltd (also known as Travelsmoove).

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer you, StreetDollars!

Claiming this offer is really easy - all you need to do is agree to the terms and conditions of our offer and fill in your particulars! Your StreetDollars will be credited to you within 15 days from the date you submit your details using the online form and you will be able to enjoy your StreetDollars immediately after activation.

When you are ready to get your StreetDollars, please indicate acceptance of our offer by filling in the online form at http://www.streetdeal.sg/home/info/offer_acceptance so that we can credit the StreetDollars to you.

You can click on this link http://streetdeal.sg/home/info/faq_sd_offer for more information or contact our team at [email protected].

We thank you and look forward to your continued support.

StreetDeal Team

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will ban streetdeals. Do my part for you. Will spread the word. Hope all bros unite and ban such unethical businesses.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest complaint from EDMW :

BY Redname : recently i bought something from there but didn't read the email they send to mention abt my purchase is successful.

inside the email it was mention that they'll give you 2 days trial of premium club membership to enjoy some perks. within these 2 days, if you do not wish to have it, you have to cancel it, if not there'll automatically charge your CC $88 quarterly for it.

good thing, DBS alerted me abt a deduction and cancelled my card, if not i would have paid $88 for something i don't want.