• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDA's bizzare press release on paid "volunteers"

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is SDA's bizarre press release on the paid "volunteers" exposed by TOC. I always thought if people were being paid, they are called campaign staff. They are only called volunteers if they are helping out for free.
----

537181_10151296239813001_127440857_n.jpg

http://hpsucceed.com/elections13/desmond130119.pdf

19th Jan 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DESMOND IS RESOURCEFUL, NO CRIME IN THAT

19th Jan 2012 - The SDA team has issued a strong statement against the repeated suggestion of ‘paid’ versus ‘free’ deployment of staff for its campaigning.

In response to an interview on The Online Citizen, SDA’s Desmond expressed disappointment at the story reported detailing his attempts to pay for help in the campaigning period.

Mr Lim explains, “I was very candid in the interview, when the reporter asked about the arrangement. I clearly mentioned that we had reimbursed the help as many are young school leavers with no disposable income. I never refuted the statement. Our group comprises a mix of paid and unpaid volunteers.

‘My team’s direction was very clear: Engage young blood in the process so they understand Singapore politics, with hands on experience. And this is exactly what has unfolded”, explains Mr Lim.

The online message to recruit assistance was a call to action to reach out to those young and willing. The campaign supporting team was in charge of reaching out as such. “How do you reach out if you don’t broadcast? We are no strangers to the game. Would I have allowed this move if I know it would come back to haunt me? It is absurd”, states Desmond,

Anyone can refer to Section 70 of the Parliamentary Act that clearly states: the law is against the payment to voters, in facilitating their votes. Any other form of assistance rendered for campaigning purposes is legit”. Simply put, Mr Lim is very clear that he has not conducted any corrupt services to induce the voters.

“It is very common and the norm, for any party to engage paid assistance in doing ground work. Suddenly the SDA’s move has become so magnified.

The SDA has been resourceful, as it has to turnaround a full fledge campaign, in a short period of 9 days. This includes working the ground with collateral, publicity and awareness. Given his reach in a mere 4 days, Desmond has achieved good results as he has been undeterred in his interaction with residents in Punggol East.

Last edited: