• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KJ say Workers' Party has not done much for Punggol East

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Punggol East has fallen through the cracks: RP's Jeyaretnam[/h]
rprally2-jpg_184025.jpg

Yahoo! Newsroom/Yahoo! photo - RP's K Jeyaretnam meets party supporters after the rally.

Reform Party chief Kenneth Jeyaretnam says the residents of Punggol East have been let down by the People's Action Party in his maiden rally on Sunday evening.

Speaking to a crowd of about 300 people, he said the Workers' Party also has not done much for residents since the last General Election at the single-member constituency.

"Punggol East has fallen through the cracks," said Jeyaretnam, who is among four candidates contesting the by-election.

"I will not promise millions of dollars but I have managed hundreds of millions of dollars," said the 53-year-old former hedge fund manager in the rally held under overcast skies at an open field in front of Blk 183C at Rivervale.

Eight speakers -- RP members Andy Zhu, Vignes Ramachandran, Prabu Ramachandran, Osman Bin Sulaiman, David Tan, Kenneth Jeyaretnam and secretary-general of PKMS Nazem Suki -- also spoke to a lukewarm crowd of people in their 40s and 50s.

Campaigning under the slogan, "No More Broken Promises", Jeyaretnam -- the son of former opposition leader and Workers' Party leader JB Jeyaretnam -- himself made three promises to voters.

"I will move here to be in our community, I will be a full-time Member of Parliament and I will donate 10 per cent of my salary to our community," he said as he and other speakers made several references to his firebrand dad throughout his speech.

Party chairman Zhu said Jeyaretnam is a "chip off the old block" and he possessed the same courage fearlessness and sense of justice as his late father.

Jeyaretnam also spoke about the online threats his family has received, saying "only in the third world do these things happen".

"This morning I almost pulled out of this rally. Sometimes you must know when to get out of a fight. But police made assurances of safety for you and us. I remembered who I am -- the son of JBJ!" he exclaimed

TuaGow

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is a traitor to opposition unity, for openly attacking another opposition party.

kj is a stinking judas!:mad:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kj will do this and that, but does he even know how to run town council? Born with silver spoon and brought up like a spoilt brat in an international school, probably does not even know how to operate a broom and dust pan.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He hasn't done anything for West Coast either.

It will be the same if he does not win PE.

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
He hasn't done anything for West Coast either.

It will be the same if he does not win PE.

That is why he has not gotten anywhere. If he had concentrated his efforts on the West Coast, put his ideas to fruit. Come 2016 he would be a contender.

Really needs to work on party image and branding. Nobody knows what they stand for and what are they attempting to reform. Hell doubt anyone even wants to check out their website on line. :p

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we just ignore him?
:mad:

Yes, we should. And so would the voters in PE. But while we are at it, I just want to say that KJ is a disgrace to his father and now to the opposition. Any fool would know that in this nascent stage of opposition status in S'pore, you cannot go and discredit a fellow opposition party. Even if the different opposition parties can't get together to fight PAP in unity, it's not right to publicly criticise one another. It will pissed everyone off (except the PAP of course). He is only digging his grave deeper. which is fine with everyone as he sooner he disappears from the political scene the better. Who want to vote for a person who is so strategically idiotic as that let alone his rambling manner of speech that no one understands what the hell he's talking about. In fact, SDA Desmond Lim is even fighting a more intelligent election campaign than him, at least he makes some sense.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
such matured wisdom, PAP voters wouldn't mind such a guy in the Parliament :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I think he is a good alternative to KPK with his double first at Cambridge. PAP voters should vote him, if you need someone with strong academic qualifications.

roaringlion

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the criteria, then votes should not go to RP as well, because PAP is the one that has done something for PE so far.

What a stupid comment by KJ. He should be whacking PAP instead of fighting WP. He is doing what a desperate person will do.

He will lose his deposit along with Desmond Lim.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I foresee next election. Singapore will have only 4 credible oppositions - SDP, NSP, SPP and WP.
SDA and RP will be scrambling around to steal other people votes in 3 corner fight.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this were to be the question, I would like to know apart from WP (of whom has Hougang and Aljunied to run) and SPP ( who is still based in potong pasir), what has any other opposition parties, as in RP and SDA has ever done for the whole of Singapore?

Even SDP had its contribution by making noise here and there, but RP and SDA? what have they ever done at all?

Showing up during GE and BE dont count.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Credibility isn't really the main issue. The thing is, the swing voters are genuinely concerned about the people running their Town Councils. They need to trust their candidates to be able to run the Town Council properly before voting for them. The SDP can see this, but RP and SDA can't. SPP is in danger of losing this "know how". NSP is a question mark. These voters are watching what happens with the Aljunied Hougang Town Council before they decide if they can vote WP in the future.