• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Public speaking skills: how important a factor??

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is once of the best speaker off all times.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ABZx_gnVlP4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hilarious - there were only two people in parliament who were clapping for Tan Cheng Bok.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well not only is Goh Chok Tong a lousy orator, I think he's also a lousy politician. There were 4 candidates to be Singapore's second prime minister - Dhanabalan, Tony Tan, Ong Teng Cheong were the others. And of the four, he's the lousiest, but he got the job because Tony Tan didn't want to be a seat warmer.

The 4th candidate for PM was not Dhanabalan but Lim Chee Onn but he was brought down by the NTUC and was forced to resign (or was it just an excuse?). Dhanabalan, although highly able, was just a technocrat.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think Ang Yong Guan speaks better than Chen Show Mao, I don't know what to say.

Chen Show Mao is a dilemma as a speaker. In parliament and in any formal setting with a prepared script, I think he makes an excellent speaker with his broad knowledge, intellect and class from years of mixing with top level people, the captains of industry of the world.

In Mandarin he is even more into his elements, when he can do it extempore.

But in a rally, I find his ability drop a couple of rungs. He becomes a bit hesitant in places, with some extra-ordinarily long pauses and, occasionally, a problem in timing. Maybe public speaking in front of a rowdy crowd is something new to him. Pritam Singh in that respect is a better speaker and can play to the gallery.

Last edited: