• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My take on WP rally 19.1.2013 - excellent performance

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every speaker was concise and to the point. The criticisms of PAP are valid and close to the heart of the people. You won't hear any rhetorics and they were sincere in helping PE residents with confident in delivering their promise if elected.

Png Eng Huat stood out as best speaker among the core team (Now I can see LTK has selected the right choice of man for Hougang). They were humorous to deliver a point about PAP failure. He was clever in choosing his words, praising Houganites and Aljunied and that Punnggol East smell as sweet a town to manage.

Low Thia Kiang recapped what Teo Chee Hean said in the Hougang BE, and giggled that this BE happened for the same reason Teo chee Hean has laughed during Hougang BE. I find him quite entertaining though serious at times.

Lilian truly showed her speech with skill. I believe she can deliver well in parliament as compared to other women in PAP camp. If spar one-to-one with Tin Pei Lin, I think she could make TPL cry like a baby in parliament.

The hearty selling points came when Chen Sao Mao said Aljunied TC fees were reduced instead of increased as compared to other PAP TC.

Silvia Lim made an effort to answer questions put up by residents during WP campaigning. She was honest in the answers and confident that PE is a small SMC where WP can transit in smoothly. She will bring up the TC matter in their next rally. I am sure the AIM saga will be brought up against PAP.

I was glad there were Hokkien speaker among the panel of speakers. The man did very well too and bombarded Koh Poh Koon for playing up sympathy cards when his family was well-to-do in those days.

Apparently, there were many new young faces. LTK probably wanted them to be part of the rally as training ground for them to prepare themselves for the next GE.

Despite the muddy ground, the crowds was expectedly huge - at least 10 times those of PAP. I forsee it will be even larger on WP final rally because LTK, Gerald Giam and Silvia seems to keep their mystery cards until the next rally - a final nail on PAP coffin.

The good thing about the night on 19 Jan 2013 - the 24 hours non-stop rain, finally stopped at the hours when WP rally starts. Heaven got eyes.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
crowds do not represent number of votes, sadly.

It does, how do you explain Hougang and Aljunied town now in the hands of WP? Even if it doesn't, is PAP any better when their supporters could easily be ferried from all corners of Singapore by threat or via free meals and shutter?

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, good to see new faces up there. Good move by the WP, shows that the WP is still growing. There's even a new minority face.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was physically at the rally last night. Crowd size was far far less than I expected. And therefore there was little reason for me to drive there so early.
At this stage I would say WP is slightly behind PAP in terms of likely votes.

Last edited:

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Lilian truly showed her speech with skill. I believe she can deliver well in parliament as compared to other women in PAP camp. If spar one-to-one with Tin Pei Lin, I think she could make TPL cry like a baby in parliamen"

Erm.... WP give good rally but thats monologue. Yet to hear them debate with PAP. For Debate with PAP in parliament, Chiam See Tong is the Man!

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Lilian truly showed her speech with skill. I believe she can deliver well in parliament as compared to other women in PAP camp. If spar one-to-one with Tin Pei Lin, I think she could make TPL cry like a baby in parliamen"

Erm.... WP give good rally but thats monologue. Yet to hear them debate with PAP. For Debate with PAP in parliament, Chiam See Tong is the Man!

If you would like to read about WP's debates with the PAP, there are plenty to be found at http://www.parl.gov.sg/publications-singapore-parliament-reports
Makes one wonder why so many people think there were no debates but it is all there.

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course there are debates. Only the ultra-liberals who cannot get a single SDP member into Parliament -- to provide what they call "the alternative voice" -- are making fictitious claims.

WP is in parliament is not by chance but by people's choice. SDP is not in parliament, you need to ask the residents of Bukit Panjang, can't blame it on other party since BP was not a 3CF. NSP did not win Tampinese and MP GRC, can't blame on other party, blame the residents there. Ultimately residents are the one in power on every election, they choose who they wanted to bring into parliament. Apparently, we all blame every opposition parties without wanting to blame the self-screwed residents who made the decision.

As in the case of this PE bi election. When SDA and RP lose their deposit, they have no rights to blame WP because residents wanted WP. Apparently all other parties now resort to getting sympathy votes except WP. What does it say? all these parties who play sympathy cards are not confident in themselves at all.

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right Steffy, they need more LAMPS to shine light on all the crevices where the pappy fecal matter is stewing and rotting and dig them up and expose.

Lets keep our fingers crossed they win.

If not, its pinky power !!:oIo:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is in parliament is not by chance but by people's choice. SDP is not in parliament, you need to ask the residents of Bukit Panjang, can't blame it on other party since BP was not a 3CF. NSP did not win Tampinese and MP GRC, can't blame on other party, blame the residents there. Ultimately residents are the one in power on every election, they choose who they wanted to bring into parliament. Apparently, we all blame every opposition parties without wanting to blame the self-screwed residents who made the decision.

As in the case of this PE bi election. When SDA and RP lose their deposit, they have no rights to blame WP because residents wanted WP. Apparently all other parties now resort to getting sympathy votes except WP. What does it say? all these parties who play sympathy cards are not confident in themselves at all.

WP has conducted itself in a marvelous dignified manner. On the other hand, one or two other parties and their supporters, including the supporters of one party not in the PE contest, spend their time playing either the sympathy card, the blame-everyone-else card, and the rent-a-crowd card. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure WP will capture more hearts and mind tonight. I suggest Desmond Lim and KJ make themselves available among the crowds to feel WP rally mood.:biggrin:

Last edited: