• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kenneth Andrew Jeyaretnam making a mountain out of a molehill

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a reporter directly asks WP about the threats on KJ, their response will be to the tune "We condemn and do not condone any threats made to any member of any political party".

Why should they even say that? If asked about this silly matter I would recommend them simply saying:
"I am sure that the police, in their usual efficient manner, are looking in to this matter and we leave them to it."

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone watching the RP rally streaming on CNA website? Terribly sad stuff.

Screen shot.jpg

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah but if the WP people are really making threats to KJ then they all sibeh boh standard.

He added: "I would also like to ask you to stop speculating online that this is the work of the Workers' Party. There is no basis for believing that."

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
He added: "I would also like to ask you to stop speculating online that this is the work of the Workers' Party. There is no basis for believing that."

No mention of the supporters of the worker's party? I don't believe that WP is looking to "fix" KJ but I'm not sure the same can be said of the supporters.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh wow, this is terrible. I just tuned in and the first thing I hear is
"The parliament has been missing something for 12 years that must be fixed - the name Jeyaretnam"

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh wow, this is terrible. I just tuned in and the first thing I hear is
"The parliament has been missing something for 12 years that must be fixed - the name Jeyaretnam"

hahaha. In terms of their popularity, they are in the same league as Ooi Boon Ewe and Zeng Guoyuan lah.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
No mention of the supporters of the worker's party? I don't believe that WP is looking to "fix" KJ but I'm not sure the same can be said of the supporters.

nobody can be sure if its wp supporters, other opp or pap supporters out to discredited WP, some lunatic, or even the threat is a figment of his imagination....

even if its some nut WP supporters, how is wp suppose to know and be responsible...

at nomination centre, Pritiam and Low Thia Kiang specifically reminded supporters not to boo long before , but some still boo, what can they do...

if you have any doubt about WP discipline, here is an example,

Mr Low gave the youth wing leader a 1 hr lecture after her blog post was reported on wan bao.....

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
nobody can be sure if its wp supporters, other opp or pap supporters out to discredited WP, some lunatic, or even the threat is a figment of his imagination....

I believe that there are 2 possibilities. First, it is the work of WP supporters. Second, it is the work of some hedge fund manager who's really worried that KJ will get into parliament and do something that makes it difficult for some financial institutions to carry on operating in Singapore in the way they were used to. I don't see it being the work of PAP supporters or SDA supporters.

I'm not bashing WP by the way. Just some of their supporters.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.facebook.com/angelafayeoon

Angela Faye Oon

Please, people. If someone was making threats of violence, not only towards you, but against your family members - one of whom is overseas! - would you think it's crazy to be anxious? To not want to take any chances?

No matter how deluded you think the people making the threats are, or how unlikely the threats are real, would YOU take the chance, if it were YOUR family?

Why are people focusing on Kenneth's very understandable (and responsible) reaction of wanting to put the safety of his family first, rather than focusing on how appalling it is that people are making threats like that in the first place?

Nobody - NO ONE - deserves to fear for their lives or their safety. And people ought to be ashamed of mocking KJ for taking these threats seriously and doing his utmost to ensure that his loved ones are protected. Because if it were you, and your family got hurt because you didn't take those warnings seriously - would you ever be able to forgive yourself?

About bipolar disorder: it's obvious that many people don't know what it really is. It's a mood disorder caused by chemical imbalances in the brain. It affects your *mood*, not your ability to distinguish reality from fantasy (e.g. with schizophrenia).

I personally know of excellent surgeons, lawyers and academics who suffer from bipolar disorder. We need to stop slapping "mental illness" labels on people we don't like. It does a great disservice to real sufferers who feel hurt and shame when they hear their condition being used as an insult.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hold on - what's this about bipolar disorder - who has bipolar disorder?

Hmm...

"Haha, beats me dear.
But when I was w RP, KJ always accuse Nicole, Hazel, Tony, Jeisilan, Jeannette, party members & helpers of scheming against him, his family & etc.

Got one time he suddenly bailed at me in public out of sudden accusing me for being a PAP mole and completely forgets about it 5min later as if nothing had happened.

He has occasional accuse us of hacking his FB accounts and post things that he actually posted but couldn't recall due to his bipolar.

He spend most of his time deleting his own FB post which he thinks was posted by someone else."

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Try harder. What else can it imply? Since it is all speculation, any possibility that it is the work of SDA since they share the same voter profile, those opposition supporters who are anti-WP.