• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kenneth Andrew Jeyaretnam making a mountain out of a molehill

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know KJ is just going to blame tonight's poor turnout on the security fears.

Besides himself who will speak at his rally? I am sure he is not gonna speak the entire 3 hours by himself.

A few people may go for entertainment value, to hear someone speaking in a strange accent and then see whether they can decipher what he is saying.

Maybe his old pals, now with the NSP, may be there, yes? Nah, somehow I doubt it.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait, are you accusing the WP of orchestrating a threat against KJ from behind closed doors?

You don't make any sense.
WP attracts all kind of supporters, is it their job to find out who the crazed supporters are and tell them to go support another party?
Also, people that make threats by email are cowards and generally have no intention of actually "fix"ing someone else.

I just wonder who can be counted as supporters? Party members and volunteers? How about voters, assuming there are about 45% who are going to vote for WP? Are they also considered as supporters? How about other non-WP opposition supporters who really do not want RP to take away opposition votes from the ticket with the best chance of capturing the seat? In fact, KJ himself came out and openly urged supporters not to automatically assume that WP was behind it. Looks like it just has the negative effect.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait, are you accusing the WP of orchestrating a threat against KJ from behind closed doors?

WP attracts all kind of supporters, is it their job to find out who the crazed supporters are and tell them to go support another party?
Also, people that make threats by email are cowards and generally have no intention of actually "fix"ing someone else.

No, WP is probably not responsible.
No, it is probably not the job of WP to find out who the crazed supporters are.
Yes, they should probably make some statement condemning whoever threatened KJ.

But so what? Just because it is the WP supporters and not WP itself who threatened KJ, it means that KJ has no right to file a police report? I don't understand.

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Expect a bigger hoo ha after the BE. RP will say that they have lost because BLAH BLAH BLAH !@#$%U#@!$%$@#!$#@

hahaha...not RP will say that, but KJ himself. Awaiting to see reactions from them when they lost the deposit

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without full information, I do not think we should judge KJ for making a mountain out of a molehill. Try to put yourself in his shoes, it does not matter if you are threatened by one person, or 100 persons, a threat is a threat. It is better to be safe than sorry. So he did the right thing by making the threat public in order to control the damage and protect himself and his family.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even UK Ministers dont bother with such threats, what sort of MP is this? And who does he think he is? President of the US? Obama would laugh!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I originally also suspected the WP. But the way the threats are escalating and possible threat in London as well, it is unlikely to be WP. Could it be a ploy by another one of the other opposition parties to discredit WP?

Yah but if the WP people are really making threats to KJ then they all sibeh boh standard.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I originally also suspected the WP. But the way the threats are escalating and possible threat in London as well, it is unlikely to be WP. Could it be a ploy by another one of the other opposition parties to discredit WP?

He's exaggerating the threat if there really is one. What right do the British have to protect a foreigner?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal

You sound surprised? I thought the stir/smear intention has always been obvious if you read careful enough.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

The only thing is - I'm sure that KJ made that statement on the threats on himself and his family, without naming the WP. It would have been extremely stupid to name the WP - even KJ is not that stupid. It's only when people read that statement, the first thing that pops to mind is the WP.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Occam's Razor says it is simply an overzealous WP or opposition supporter acting on his/her own accord.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought that is under police investigation so cannot comment?

Anyway WP has been consistently quiet/no-comment when it comes to other Oppo, so what's the big fuss? I dun see nobody saying White Scums/SDA should comment

Nobody has named WP supporters as the culprit. So WP could always say, "we condemn the attacks on KJ, whoever did it". Not, "we condemn our supporters for doing it". And SDA / PAP, if they don't want to do it, they just look less gentlemanly, that's all.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought that is under police investigation so cannot comment?
Anyway WP has been consistently quiet/no-comment when it comes to other Oppo, so what's the big fuss? I dun see nobody saying White Scums/SDA should comment

Quiet, yes. They will not talk about other opposition parties on their own accord. They want to keep the attention on the fight between the PAP and themselves.
When asked directly about an opposition party, they don't say "no comment" though. They will just give a brief response that is not directed at any one opposition party. this is apparent from their response about KJ and DL being nominated.

If a reporter directly asks WP about the threats on KJ, their response will be to the tune "We condemn and do not condone any threats made to any member of any political party".