• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kenneth Andrew Jeyaretnam making a mountain out of a molehill

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...

"Haha, beats me dear.
But when I was w RP, KJ always accuse Nicole, Hazel, Tony, Jeisilan, Jeannette, party members & helpers of scheming against him, his family & etc.

Got one time he suddenly bailed at me in public out of sudden accusing me for being a PAP mole and completely forgets about it 5min later as if nothing had happened.

He has occasional accuse us of hacking his FB accounts and post things that he actually posted but couldn't recall due to his bipolar.

He spend most of his time deleting his own FB post which he thinks was posted by someone else."

Interesting.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try harder. What else can it imply? Since it is all speculation, any possibility that it is the work of SDA since they share the same voter profile, those opposition supporters who are anti-WP.

That could only be possible if there are enough SDA supports to threaten the safety of KJ.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...

"Haha, beats me dear.
But when I was w RP, KJ always accuse Nicole, Hazel, Tony, Jeisilan, Jeannette, party members & helpers of scheming against him, his family & etc.

KJ himself? Well it could explain why he thinks that he could just fight a MCF against both the PAP and WP. Unfortunately while Chee Soon Juan is lucky enough to be surrounded by people of sounder mind, the same is not true of KJ.

Nicely done Angela Oon by the way. "Yes it is understandable that people like KJ have concerns about the safety of their family. And also bipolar disorder is not really a big deal. (HINT HINT KJ HAS BIPOLAR!!!)

Last edited:

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ himself? Well it could explain why he thinks that he could just fight a MCF against both the PAP and WP. Unfortunately while Chee Soon Juan is lucky enough to be surrounded by people of sounder mind, the same is not true of KJ.

hahaha... assumptions and spin galore.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impassioned speech by KJ at the end. If only he had been this fiery and passionate during GE2011...

is it good form or decorous to keep mentioning that he is the son of a dead politician? How many politicians do that?
Anyone know if Rahul Gandhi does that? I would be interested to know.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it good form or decorous to keep mentioning that he is the son of a dead politician? How many politicians do that?
Anyone know if Rahul Gandhi does that? I would be interested to know.

No it's not good form. But of course Kim Jong Il does that. It's Rajiv Gandhi not Rahul. And if KJ does that, it sounds like "I'm here to respect the memory of my father but I'd rather be somewhere else". To be fair to him he's not the only politician in Singapore who seems to think that way.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it's not good form. But of course Kim Jong Il does that. It's Rajiv Gandhi not Rahul. And if KJ does that, it sounds like "I'm here to respect the memory of my father but I'd rather be somewhere else". To be fair to him he's not the only politician in Singapore who seems to think that way.

Hello, Rahul Gandhi is the son of Rajiv Gandhi.

Toshiba

Does KJ hold a full time job or is he rich enough to loaf around all day with politics being a hobby?

Yah. You are right. Maybe someone funded his party and paid for all his expenses and livelihood. Strange. This guy must be rich.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you an idiot? He meant Rahul Ghandi, son of Rajiv, husband of Sonia and son of Indira.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it should be the other way round. RP's presumably stronger minority support could be an attractive voter base to win over.

Here we are really dealing with fractional numbers. One of SDA's component parties is PKMS. If you went to Punggol East the last few days (I was there yesterday for the WP rally) you will note that DL's posters have more the usual amount of Bahasa printed on them. That is not coincidental.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Metal

Lets work the reality of the 'degree' of the threat down here. on average about 8,000 WP voters in PE east, over half a million nation wide. There are supporters and well there are party members and volunteers. All members and volunteers I know are rational and easy going enough to accept the rights and wishes of KJ to stand stand, and its in a party of hundreds not over five who are active. The Mass of suporters will range the spectrum from passionate and rationale to passionate and mad. Did the WP rally speeches criticize RP or the SDP ? DID anyone even hint that KJ was stealing a WP win,

Security issues ? This is Singapore, Is a WP gang all dressed in blue going to pick a fight with KJ ? Well perhaps an Irate WP voter in PE might tell him to FO rudely but heck KJ is a politician supposedly and you must learn to take the occasional rejection and impoliteness.

His Rally a security risk ? Even at the height of the GE and HG BE no one bothered from the WP supporters to go disturb a PAP rally, and there is always the security provided by the SPF. I mean what is he spooked abt ?

Locke

Locke, I believe he said his son, a minor received death threats online. Lets be fair, any father who has a son studying thousands of kms away would be concerned. However, I think the TS is right, he is making a mount out of a hill. Perhaps he is trying to gain sympathy votes knowing that he is way behind both PAP and WP. Lets wait and see what are the actual words used in the threats (if they are ever made known) before passing judgement.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locke, I believe he said his son, a minor received death threats online. Lets be fair, any father who has a son studying thousands of kms away would be concerned. However, I think the TS is right, he is making a mount out of a hill. Perhaps he is trying to gain sympathy votes knowing that he is way behind both PAP and WP. Lets wait and see what are the actual words used in the threats (if they are ever made known) before passing judgement.

I think he is lying

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that there are 2 possibilities. First, it is the work of WP supporters. Second, it is the work of some hedge fund manager who's really worried that KJ will get into parliament and do something that makes it difficult for some financial institutions to carry on operating in Singapore in the way they were used to. I don't see it being the work of PAP supporters or SDA supporters.

I'm not bashing WP by the way. Just some of their supporters.

it's probably just someone/some people who don't like him and i'm sure the possibilities are endless.