• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens to rally behind KJ

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it would be nice if WP publishes the questions they had put in motion in the parliament on their website :smile::smile::smile:

I think they have somewhere. I remember seeing a listing before one parliament meeting but problem with WP is that they don't do enough PR work and as a result allow people with an agenda to move in with disparaging remarks. If they wish to move up to the next level, they will have to address this.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
If they wish to move up to the next level, they will have to address this.

disparaging remarks can be used as a tool to reflect and react upon, it's just a tool. only need to use it to the best of their best advantage.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
People of my father's age (he'd have been 90 if he'd lived) tell me that they did elect the PAPzis to get the basics fixed. And in the early days, the PAPzis delivered beyond expectations. The PAPzis were exceptionally good at something else - to link the nitty gritty town council business to the bigger picture of independence and other 'bigger' policies.

In the last GE, the WP began to do that - to link running a town council well with a 'world class parliament.' And while some might think otherwise, it is useful to note that WP MPs have asked more than 1000 questions in parliament since 2011. Of course, the presstapo have not featured them.

If they want to dissociate the national assembly with the municipal issues, they should elect mayors and they should only have 5 mayors of Singapore corresponding to the 5 regions of the CDC. (But then the CDC is all part of the PA so you also got to cut the CDC from the PAP.) Know why seats in parliament are tethered to constituencies? Neither do I. Know why the executive branch is tethered to the legislative branch by way of every minister must be from the winning party / coalition portion of the parliament? Neither do I.

The AIM issue not only highlights how determined the PAP is to fuck the opposition over the town council issues, but also how inefficient it is to run so many fucking town councils that you got to consolidate the IT system. (Consolidating the IT system in itself is not the wrong thing to do, but it served the dual purpose of fucking the opposition.) The other moral of the AIM saga is that we got too many fucking town councils. Town councils were set up as a barrier to keep out fledgling opposition parties, not serve the people.

Last edited:

Panasonic

Perhaps Chee was right to write to WP about raising the bar. Why put an auntie there to be like contractor to fix water pipe leaks which can be done by town council civil servants. WP is good at fixing water pipe leaks only? Hello! get a contractor from the Causeway (300,000 crossed daily to Singapore to find work) to fix water pipe leak. Was WP voted into parliament to 作大事 or to 办小事.

FTs are still flooding our land. Fix this. WP likes to do tour guides.:eek:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In those days of kampong living standards put in any monkey or donkey parties to fix basic amenities will get your votes. You go to Google Earth and visit most major cities in the world they have progressed at the same rate as Singapore.

PAP GIC has become one of the gobal players in investing thier money world wide. The oppo must change and move up the higher bar and put someone with financial maths skill to look at GIC disparites and balance sheet.

Yes, the managing of town council water pipe leaks are common problems every town council faced but look at the other side of the coin where is the CPF money gone to? Yes it is diifcult to get information from the tight PAP controlled GIC but this takes time. All it takes is a small hole to sink a big ship.

If you don't make a small hole, where KJ is a small hole, you can never sink that big ship GIC.

If WP paved the way for KJ to be MP, and like in Dr. Chee deal, WP take over the Council work it will works well for the opposition team.

Next GE only 3 years away, the whole game will change again.

I would think it is a good interim strategy to make a small hole first, and sink the great ship in 2016. More PAP cans of worms will be open by KJ, the small hole, inside the big ship.

People of my father's age (he'd have been 90 if he'd lived) tell me that they did elect the PAPzis to get the basics fixed. And in the early days, the PAPzis delivered beyond expectations. The PAPzis were exceptionally good at something else - to link the nitty gritty town council business to the bigger picture of independence and other 'bigger' policies.

In the last GE, the WP began to do that - to link running a town council well with a 'world class parliament.' And while some might think otherwise, it is useful to note that WP MPs have asked more than 1000 questions in parliament since 2011. Of course, the presstapo have not featured them.

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Know why seats in parliament are tethered to constituencies? Neither do I. Know why the executive branch is tethered to the legislative branch by way of every minister must be from the winning party / coalition portion of the parliament? Neither do I.

For your second question. It's all part of the UK Westminster system, where Cabinet Ministers are appointed from the House of Lords or House of Commons.
For the first question, I have no idea too. Even in the UK they elect their Mayors and Councillors.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your second question. It's all part of the UK Westminster system, where Cabinet Ministers are appointed from the House of Lords or House of Commons.
For the first question, I have no idea too. Even in the UK they elect their Mayors and Councillors.

Well "it's a colonial legacy" is also the answer to the question "why do we have the internal security department". It's a contrast to the American and French system where the parliament and the highest government office are two separate elections, and they can be controlled by two different parties. It is not 100% a bad thing because like the UK and unlike the French and the Americans, the Prime Minister and the Parliament are always the same party and a certain type of deadlock cannot take place. One day the town council problem will not be an obstacle for the Worker's Party to overcome, and it will be the "other" opposition parties who will be complaining about that system.