• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leader Board - Punggol East By Elections

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the leader board in terms of votes expected to be scored. Lets hear your version of the leaderboard.

Note: ranking determined by expected appeal. Example, Gerald Giam is at least 1 major rank away from JJ and VW. The latter 2 are very close.

1. Yee Jenn Jong
2. Vincent Wijeysingha
4. Gerald Giam
6. Ben Swee
7. Lee Li Lian
8. Kenneth Jeyaretnam
9. Teo So Lung
10.Desmond Lim

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is the leader board in terms of votes expected to be scored. Lets hear your version of the leaderboard.

Note: ranking determined by expected appeal. Example, Gerald Giam is at least 1 major rank away from JJ and VW. The latter 2 are very close.

1. Yee Jenn Jong
2. Vincent Wijeysingha
4. Gerald Giam
6. Ben Swee
7. Lee Li Lian
8. Kenneth Jeyaretnam
9. Teo So Lung
10.Desmond Lim

As a side issue, shd WP consider YJJ and GG for PE since they are already NCMPs in Parliament. i think it is better for WP to try and get another WP candidate into Parliament

jw5

Loyal
I wouldn't mind seeing a contest among the following 3:

1. Vincent
2. YJJ
3. Ong Ye Kung

A result of 40-30-30 would be the icing on the cake for me, if it means that YJJ can still keep his NCMP seat and OYK will be watching Today In Parliament on TV. :p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think they have any other candidate. Their recruitment process is so tight that even good candidates will not consider them as the process seems more important that the candidate.

If WP prefer to hold JJ for East Coast GRC slate, then they should withdraw if other parties have better candidates. My sense is that if WP decides that East Coast is important and where they have better inroads, then they will offer Li Lian.

As a side issue, shd WP consider YJJ and GG for PE since they are already NCMPs in Parliament. i think it is better for WP to try and get another WP candidate into Parliament

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think they have any other candidate. Their recruitment process is so tight that even good candidates will not consider them as the process seems more important that the candidate.

If WP prefer to hold JJ for East Coast GRC slate, then they should withdraw if other parties have better candidates. My sense is that if WP decides that East Coast is important and where they have better inroads, then they will offer Li Lian.

I agree..

It's good to confuse LHL..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prior to the Vasoo incident, I would have rated VW higher than JJ as VW is indeed a better candidate. Now however he has baggage which with time will overcome but expect the PAP to be relentless about it. JJ on the other hand has been very slippery where the PAP is conerned. They have not be able to nail him. One is practically dead.

I wouldn't mind seeing a contest among the following 3:

1. Vincent
2. YJJ
3. Ong Ye Kung

A result of 40-30-30 would be the icing on the cake for me, if it means that YJJ can still keep his NCMP seat and OYK will be watching Today In Parliament on TV. :p

tualingong

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS should run for election. He already got 25% baseline sahpot already.

If TCB don't run in Punggol. He sure win!

Cannot be President, MP also not bad. Some power. :biggrin:

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only in Singapore you get 25% of votes despite running a company to the ground so badly that the British owners could not sell it.

TJS should run for election. He already got 25% baseline sahpot already.

If TCB don't run in Punggol. He sure win!

Cannot be President, MP also not bad. Some power. :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

me second this idea :p:p:p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree..

It's good to confuse LHL..

Sis, LHL will never be confused when it comes to intel on opposition parties. Trust me on this. Many are paid to service the interest of the MIW. Of course our learned PM always confused when it comes to most other matters.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's my predicion.

Of all the parties expressing an interest, only SDP and WP are serious contenders. If RP/SDA take part, they will destroy themselves aka TKL.

If SDP fields VW/CSJ, WP will take them head on. They still haven't signed a heavyweight. Assuming they don't sign one, they will put up LL and concede the three corner to PAP. This is because while they know they will lose to PAP, they are confident of beating VW/CSJ in the 3 corner. This victory over VW/CSJ by one of their weakest candidates will give them tremendous leverage in 2016.

WP will however likely back down if SDP fields TJS. If TJS stands, they will have to field JJ/GG to even have a chance of holding their own. Since these are already in Parliament, there is little incentive to do so. Hence better to let TJS have his shot. As a former PE candidate, TJS has credentials which PAP will have trouble matching.

Last edited:

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think WP will keep JJ as NCMP and field him in 2016 in EC, assuming JC disappears.
If he is field, he has to resign as NCMP. I don't think this is the kind of risk LTK is prepare to take.
Same for GG. The likely candidate therefore will be LLL.

CSJ is barred for this BE by virtual of his conviction in 2010. That leaves VW the likely and better SDP candidate.
I am surprise though that SDP decides to participate knowing full well that a 3-corner fight will most certainly gave PE back to PAP.

The rest are just wasting everybody's time.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with some of the thoughts expressed here.

It is between SDP and WP. It will depend on the candidates offered by both parties. If it is JJ, SDP will yield but will seek concession or promise for 2016. WP will agree to the promise or concession if VW is the candidate proposed. If JJ is not the candidate offered, and SDP offers VW, WP will yield. Both sides will walk away with great amount of goodwill. I don't see any other scenario being played.

The rest can wank themselves silly.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Scroobal, you are really losing the plot here.

JJ is already in parliament and it really doesn't make any difference if he wins but it will put WP at risk by losing one seat in parliament if he lost! i.e. he will have to resign from NCMP to contest.

JJ is NOT an option at all.

Goh Meng Seng

I agree with some of the thoughts expressed here.

It is between SDP and WP. It will depend on the candidates offered by both parties. If it is JJ, SDP will yield but will seek concession or promise for 2016. WP will agree to the promise or concession if VW is the candidate proposed. If JJ is not the candidate offered, and SDP offers VW, WP will yield. Both sides will walk away with great amount of goodwill. I don't see any other scenario being played.

The rest can wank themselves silly.