• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things are getting worse in Singapore

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think you salah.

1. the dollar crash on its own, does not send interest rates soaring.

2. historically, when interest reates soar, the currency will up.

are you trying to pull a fast one?

When inflation hits, interest rates will have to follow. It will spill over into Singapore rates as well bro. What do you mean pulling a fast one?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all, I do not rejoice for other peoples misfortune, I simply buy n sell smartly.
Why will there be a recession? Because the fed refuse to increase interest to reign in on inflation even while they printed so much money. USD will crash massively within next year n send interest rates soaring. Those who bought houses n lose their jobs will need to cut loss

Kinana are you a property agent with Propnex?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kinana are you a property agent with Propnex?

He's Mohammed Ismail himself; that guy who's always calling the shots on the local property front..:eek:
Me wonder why it's always this chap being interviewed ?..:*:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When inflation hits, interest rates will have to follow. It will spill over into Singapore rates as well bro. What do you mean pulling a fast one?

I no longer believe in the theory that inflation will lead to increase interest rate. After witnessing so much changes to the global economy - labour can be exported via internet, China becoming the world factory, toilet papers being sold as derivatives, fishermen selling their future catch...global economy become a real monopoly board game. As long as the players pakay the "monopoly money", they can continue to print. Inflation will not affect them because a huge chunk of "monopoly money" had been wiped out in 2008. The banker is merely reprinting so as to replace the lost notes in order ensure that all the players have enough notes to continue with the game. The reprinted notes flow unevenly to the players. Those given with more money got worried and tried all means to secure their value, leading to so-called "inflation" of selected goods e.g. property, gold.

Printing should slow down or stop when enough notes flow back to their own players under the guise of employment - not important if it is some non-value added fictitious economic activities like "re-training" (we are pretty good at this) or repair and reconstruction. I think a collapse will only happen if they failed to create so-called employment and some big players decide to junk the monopoly money. Otherwise the game should continue and all the world leaders will be most happy to scratch each others back. Just my layman view.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I no longer believe in the theory that inflation will lead to increase interest rate.
Remember stagflation? There is no scientific causal correlation for these economic indicators. It is a matter of drawing a line based on past data which is usually coincidental.

YewCharKuay

Alfrescian
Loyal

when inflation hits, interest rates need not necessary have to follow. central banks have a bag of tools. interest rates adjustments is only one of the many tools. upping the credit creation ratio; issuing new bonds, forex control are some of the many tools central banks have at their disposal.

also my point number 2 when interest rates soar, the currency will go up coz it attracts more depositors from overseas.

both points indicated the fallacy of your statement. that is what i mean by trying to pull a fast one.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SG recession in 2013?

Hey Tracy, since the start of Q2 this year; we are already slipping..comes FY2013 i foresee there would be quite a few high rise supermen heading for the cliffs; those who are financially committed & can't service their loans.:cool:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I no longer believe in the theory that inflation will lead to increase interest rate. After witnessing so much changes to the global economy - labour can be exported via internet, China becoming the world factory, toilet papers being sold as derivatives, fishermen selling their future catch...global economy become a real monopoly board game.
These are all easily understood.
Internet makes labour highly mobile
China does it cheaper.
Future catches has value.

As long as the players pakay the "monopoly money", they can continue to print.
Any government can print money. Ours don't suka suka print like USA without corresponding growth in the economy, USA does it.
If the economy does not expand with more money printed, why would that not lead to inflation?
And if inflation sets in, how would banks encourage savings without higher interest rates with inflation?

Inflation will not affect them because a huge chunk of "monopoly money" had been wiped out in 2008.
The physical money was not wiped out. M1 supply increased vastly from then till now.

The banker is merely reprinting so as to replace the lost notes in order ensure that all the players have enough notes to continue with the game. The reprinted notes flow unevenly to the players. Those given with more money got worried and tried all means to secure their value, leading to so-called "inflation" of selected goods e.g. property, gold.
The more printed more than replace what was lost.
Like I said, money don't get wiped into thin air unless you burn your money. would you burn your money on a regular basis if at all?

Printing should slow down or stop when enough notes flow back to their own players under the guise of employment - not important if it is some non-value added fictitious economic activities like "re-training" (we are pretty good at this) or repair and reconstruction. I think a collapse will only happen if they failed to create so-called employment and some big players decide to junk the monopoly money. Otherwise the game should continue and all the world leaders will be most happy to scratch each others back. Just my layman view.
I don't think you have a grasp of how an economy works my fren. Thats sentence alone tells us that.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think you have a grasp of how an economy works my fren. Thats sentence alone tells us that.
You are right. I am totally at a lost on how economy works. I am always puzzled how my bankrupt friend, a failed entrepreneur, who is a merc cab driver now, can live in a landed property using the cab as his personal car. He owed the banks quite a few millions. There was this other one who is one of the pioneers in helping PRC to invest and gain PR / citizenship here. This guy is really loaded and his wife was once quite famous. There are many others who are property agents making huge commissions and capital gains from their own investments. On the other hand, we have those foreign construction workers, cleaners... earning pittance. They are engaged in different economic activities. Are the activities of those failed entrepreneur, boutique fund manager, property agents more important for the country's economy than the lowly workers which is why they are paid more?

Nowadays, it appears that a country does not really need to produce anything (in physical goods or conventional services) to be rich. Like a ang pai prostitute, all it needs is to meet the "expectation" and satisfaction of the important clients and everything will be fine. I couldn't understand how to apply economic theory for such situations.

jw5

Loyal
Nowadays, it appears that a country does not really need to produce anything (in physical goods or conventional services) to be rich. Like a ang pai prostitute, all it needs is to meet the "expectation" and satisfaction of the important clients and everything will be fine. I couldn't understand how to apply economic theory for such situations.

It's back to the age old question whether the country is focused on wealth/value creation or simply happy to have plenty of wealth/value management or transfer.

The problem is that in many of these wealth management and transfer activities, what they are managing and transferring may not be real wealth but a lot of leverage/borrowings. Even in cases of real wealth management, what they are managing may not be clean money.

Maggi

companies are retrenching due to poor economic outlook.

But these improvements in infrastructure comes with increases in price. U all know whenever food courts are renovated, they open with a new price lists rite?

Time to eat Maggi noodles for another five years.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are all easily understood.

The physical money was not wiped out. M1 supply increased vastly from then till now.

I told you not to eat 100 panadol and drinking Pepsi. Stop making shit GMS. Money is not physical ever since we went fiat and M1 is just coins and notes, it exists as deposits. If the world says Leegime money is fake it is fake and the paper you hold in your hand is toilet paper. Why talk about M1 when M3-M1 is 2.5 times M1?

Jump off the window from your 2 room HDB rental lah. Stop wasting electricity.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Depending on how you look at it. Things are getting better and brighter for Singaporeans.
SMRT breakdowns, Olam dive down, overcrowding, COE,HDB, and medical costs spiraling out of control, demand for equal pay, strike, MIW and top civil servants fucking other people's wives even religious leaders are not spared.
If all the above gain momentum, hell will break loose.
Now MIWs are caught with pricks in their mouths...dunno what to say.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they may be right...

recession most likely looming ahead. besides the impact from euro and US, i noticed that they have been showing repeat telecast of those CH8 sitcoms after 2am, with storyline revolving around recession.:*::eek:

First of all, I do not rejoice for other peoples misfortune, I simply buy n sell smartly.
Why will there be a recession? Because the fed refuse to increase interest to reign in on inflation even while they printed so much money. USD will crash massively within next year n send interest rates soaring. Those who bought houses n lose their jobs will need to cut loss