• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Things are getting worse in Singapore

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manufacturing down...Sinkapore not tapped into mobile phones and tablets market.Cost of living going up but Sinkies salaries and bonuses and increments (if any!) under severe strain. In fact companies are retrenching due to poor economic outlook. Also Gahment pumping in so called investments into infrastructure.. HDB flats, roads, MRT...etc to float the economy and address shortfalls in infrastructure. This has caused endless frustrations in traffic jams, noise, congestions and also the influx of FTs. But these improvements in infrastructure comes with increases in price. U all know whenever food courts are renovated, they open with a new price lists rite?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
this are macro issues which hurt the gov's pocket. the micro ones which are mainly ignored or denied by gov are hurting the heartlanders.

unless the million$ pappies can truly descend from their lofty ivory towers and take a good hard look at how citizens are suffering at ground-level, more social problems shall arise.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree.

This is made worse by their locking-up of OUR hard-earned Cpf money instead of giving back to us at age 55.:mad:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manufacturing down...Sinkapore not tapped into mobile phones and tablets market.Cost of living going up but Sinkies salaries and bonuses and increments (if any!) under severe strain. In fact companies are retrenching due to poor economic outlook. Also Gahment pumping in so called investments into infrastructure.. HDB flats, roads, MRT...etc to float the economy and address shortfalls in infrastructure. This has caused endless frustrations in traffic jams, noise, congestions and also the influx of FTs. But these improvements in infrastructure comes with increases in price. U all know whenever food courts are renovated, they open with a new price lists rite?

SG recession in 2013?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, I do not rejoice for other peoples misfortune, I simply buy n sell smartly.
Why will there be a recession? Because the fed refuse to increase interest to reign in on inflation even while they printed so much money. USD will crash massively within next year n send interest rates soaring. Those who bought houses n lose their jobs will need to cut loss

YewCharKuay

Alfrescian
Loyal
First of all, I do not rejoice for other peoples misfortune, I simply buy n sell smartly.
Why will there be a recession? Because the fed refuse to increase interest to reign in on inflation even while they printed so much money. USD will crash massively within next year n send interest rates soaring. Those who bought houses n lose their jobs will need to cut loss

i think you salah.

1. the dollar crash on its own, does not send interest rates soaring.

2. historically, when interest reates soar, the currency will up.

are you trying to pull a fast one?