• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest Wedding Angbao Rates for 2012/2013

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
704416_10151376970067754_1918579825_o.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no such thing as 'market rates'. It's all up to you: how much you are willing and able to give, how close you are to the newlyweds and how good you perceive the food and ambiance to be.

Sinkies who expect to break even or even make a profit from collecting ang pow money are just plain delusional.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yup. saw this on facebook. The hotels win everytime.

also i never expected lunch to reach $100+/head. that is ridiculous. For a few dollars more, i could get an alcohol/food buffet at conrad's oscars, shangri-la's the line, oriental's melt and ritz-carlton's greenhouse.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Delusional"? Only among certain segments of society.

If you cannot even afford a $150-200 Ang Pow, or if such an amount is so painful, your friends shouldn't even have invited you. :wink:

Sinkies who expect to break even or even make a profit from collecting ang pow money are just plain delusional.

Last edited:

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
to me, is 100 throughout, closed friends $200

To me poorer couple..i give more..

rich and dainty couple ... slightly less.

I enjoyed a wedding reception..buffet style at costa rhu resort....

the in-laws served us coffee personnally...i gave $200..the young couple used the chalet as their bridal suite that night and are very humble down to earth family..

My wife and i are just as joyous....and we really enjoy the free and easy atmosphere....

It was a simple fare and most memorable to me...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no such thing as 'market rates'. It's all up to you: how much you are willing and able to give, how close you are to the newlyweds and how good you perceive the food and ambiance to be.

i totally agree. the amount you gives depends on so many factors. if based on market rates, it sounds so insincere and unholy...i often give more than the " market rate"....more to friends and relatives and to those who have helped and given me assistance in the past...it is good to give big hongbaos to make the newly wed couple happy and to start their new journey together....

it's better to throw a modest wedding dinner. even a simple tea reception will do...no need to spend so much on such luxuries...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Frankly i love to go for a buffet wedding dinner, you eat what you like.

yes, i also agree. the only problem is the number of people queueing for the food. hope they have more catering tables and more seats... i went to one peranakan wedding, it was a great buffet dinner with great dancing...everyone danced...the bibi and the baba all danced....wonderful wedding!!!...and a modest hongbao will do...

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Delusional"? Only among certain segments of society.

If you cannot even afford a $150-200 Ang Pow, or if such an amount is so painful, your friends shouldn't even have invited you. :wink:

chinese wedding dinner is reallllly are time wasting event.
i prefer not to go.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
chinese wedding dinner is reallllly are time wasting event.
i prefer not to go.

yes, it is ...sometimes, very boring when you are seated with strangers. i always feel very awkard. but if you are seated with old friends, esp NS buddies, it's great fun and great yam seng!!!

NS is good for Singaporeans!!!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
A better strategy is to let all to know that you do not wish to be invited for all and every type of wedding dinner/lunch/breakfast. Hence, unwelcomed invitations will be ignored. Save $$$$