• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=1]WP again calls for “definitive clarification” from PAP on PETC accounts[/h]
The Workers’ Party (WP) is still waiting for the “definitive clarification” from the People’s Action Party (PAP) on the state of the accounts of the Punggol East Town Council (PETC) when it was handed over to the WP in 2013.

Mr Low Thia Khiang, who was responding to reporters’ questions on Wednesday, reiterated what WP chairman, Sylvia Lim, had said on Tuesday – that the PAP needed to explain why its candidate and now MP-elect for Punggol East SMC, Charles Chong, had claimed that there was a $1 million surplus in the town council’s accounts at the point of handover to the WP in 2013.

Mr Chong’s remarks were reported by the Chinese paper, Lianhe Zaobao, during the recent elections.

“Charles Chong said in the papers, based on the Zaobao that I read, that there’s a $1 million surplus which we couldn’t find in our account,” Mr Low said. “So for the accuracy of the account and the transfer of the account back to Punggol East, Charles Chong may want to explain where the $1 million surplus is.”
Lianhe Zaobao report on Mr Chong’s comments. Parts in yellow reporting Mr Chong referring to the purported surplus in “Punggol East Town Council” Mr Low also noted that after questions were raised by the WP about Mr Chong’s claims, the latter himself had clarified that the $1 million surplus he was referring to was in fact in the accounts of Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC), and not that of PETC.

Punggol East was part of the larger PRPTC in 2013.

Mr Low, however, said if this was true, it would raise further questions about Mr Chong’s claims.

“If that is the case,” Mr Low said, “then why is it that when Punggol East accounts were handed over to us, there was a deficit of $282,000? So perhaps they may want to make clarification of the accounts first so that we can look at the accounts properly.”

Mr Low said that the PAP’s organising secretary, Ng Eng Hen, had promised during the elections that the PAP leadership will issue a “definitive clarification” with regard to the accounts.

“We are still waiting for the ‘definite clarification’ from the PAP,” Mr Low told reporters.

The WP had earlier issued a statement in response to Mr Chong’s claims made during the hustings.

“We have seen no supporting evidence for Mr Chong’s claim that there was a surplus of $1 million in the accounts of Punggol East SMC at the point of merger into AHPETC,” the WP said.
Charles Chong At her first Meet-the-People session after the elections, Ms Lim sought answers from the PAP on its claims that the PETC would be in a deficit position if the PRPTC had about S$1.7 million in surpluses at the time.

Said Ms Lim: “Even if we take what he says at face value, at the point of handover, (Punggol East) should have had a pro-rated share of the S$1 million surplus anyway, but what we see from the accounts handed over to us at that time was that there was a deficit.”

Ms Lim said it was important to have the clarification so as to ensure that the accounts which are being handed over to the PAP would be accurate.

The Town Councils Act requires the town council to be handed over within 90 days after an election.

Read also: “Important for PAP to provide “definitive clarification” on PETC accounts: Sylvia Lim“.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...tive-clarification-from-pap-on-petc-accounts/

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=1]WP again calls for “definitive clarification” from PAP on PETC accounts[/h]
The Workers’ Party (WP) is still waiting for the “definitive clarification” from the People’s Action Party (PAP) on the state of the accounts of the Punggol East Town Council (PETC) when it was handed over to the WP in 2013.

Mr Low Thia Khiang, who was responding to reporters’ questions on Wednesday, reiterated what WP chairman, Sylvia Lim, had said on Tuesday – that the PAP needed to explain why its candidate and now MP-elect for Punggol East SMC, Charles Chong, had claimed that there was a $1 million surplus in the town council’s accounts at the point of handover to the WP in 2013.

Mr Chong’s remarks were reported by the Chinese paper, Lianhe Zaobao, during the recent elections.

“Charles Chong said in the papers, based on the Zaobao that I read, that there’s a $1 million surplus which we couldn’t find in our account,” Mr Low said. “So for the accuracy of the account and the transfer of the account back to Punggol East, Charles Chong may want to explain where the $1 million surplus is.”
Lianhe Zaobao report on Mr Chong’s comments. Parts in yellow reporting Mr Chong referring to the purported surplus in “Punggol East Town Council” Mr Low also noted that after questions were raised by the WP about Mr Chong’s claims, the latter himself had clarified that the $1 million surplus he was referring to was in fact in the accounts of Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Council (PRPTC), and not that of PETC.

Punggol East was part of the larger PRPTC in 2013.

Mr Low, however, said if this was true, it would raise further questions about Mr Chong’s claims.

“If that is the case,” Mr Low said, “then why is it that when Punggol East accounts were handed over to us, there was a deficit of $282,000? So perhaps they may want to make clarification of the accounts first so that we can look at the accounts properly.”

Mr Low said that the PAP’s organising secretary, Ng Eng Hen, had promised during the elections that the PAP leadership will issue a “definitive clarification” with regard to the accounts.

“We are still waiting for the ‘definite clarification’ from the PAP,” Mr Low told reporters.

The WP had earlier issued a statement in response to Mr Chong’s claims made during the hustings.

“We have seen no supporting evidence for Mr Chong’s claim that there was a surplus of $1 million in the accounts of Punggol East SMC at the point of merger into AHPETC,” the WP said.
Charles Chong At her first Meet-the-People session after the elections, Ms Lim sought answers from the PAP on its claims that the PETC would be in a deficit position if the PRPTC had about S$1.7 million in surpluses at the time.

Said Ms Lim: “Even if we take what he says at face value, at the point of handover, (Punggol East) should have had a pro-rated share of the S$1 million surplus anyway, but what we see from the accounts handed over to us at that time was that there was a deficit.”

Ms Lim said it was important to have the clarification so as to ensure that the accounts which are being handed over to the PAP would be accurate.

The Town Councils Act requires the town council to be handed over within 90 days after an election.

Read also: “Important for PAP to provide “definitive clarification” on PETC accounts: Sylvia Lim“.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...tive-clarification-from-pap-on-petc-accounts/

Is time to show us LTK got balls to confront PAP.
See them in court.
If not Aljunied GRC and Hougang will eventually return to the white in 2020.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is time to show us LTK got balls to confront PAP.
See them in court.
If not Aljunied GRC and Hougang will eventually return to the white in 2020.

you got balls why your wayang party never get elected ley? or you left 1 ball only, talk so big for fuck. somemore SDP like a begger, asking WP for 1 NCMP, shame on you.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
you got balls why your wayang party never get elected ley? or you left 1 ball only, talk so big for fuck. somemore SDP like a begger, asking WP for 1 NCMP, shame on you.

I will support any opposition party which has the balls to confront PAP.
LTK had already proven that he was indeed an eunuch inside parliament.
Simple 3-secs question about Mas and the hopeless LTK cannot reply.
East Coast GRC and Punggol East lost simply hardcore supporters rejected silent party and voted PAP.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fully agreed WP is a Silent Party inside parliament

crap:
September 18, 2015 at 10:23 am (Quote)
WP as much as I do really want an opposition in Parliament but you lot really a disappointment
why
when Singaporeans are kpkb about Amos Yee where were you – you need to show the voting public your social responsibility and your stand – aren’t you the alternative voice
Chen s m who is a great lawyer needs to speak more in Parliament apart from doing good grassroot work – isn’t that the reason why you asked us to put you in Parliament in the first place
arrogance – I sense your party is capable to be like the ruling party if you are given the opportunity to form the government, proof – look at the way you interact with the other small political parties – you literally treat them like 2nd class citizen – you are a big brother as opposition to these smaller parties
Trust – people like me are beginning to trust you less than before – you always try to play the underdog with the ruling party in almost everything – do you think by doing so the pap will treat you less harsh – speak up on the poor governance, conflict of interest, abuses and some verges on criminality of the PAP – you are a Co driver as you claim so do your job and keep smiling on television like clowns during interviews
GE2015 is a wake up call for you too, so please don’t let the driver be your co-driver and need to check on you

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Chen Show Mao[/h]Politician

Dispensing N95 masks and some haze-relevant advice at our neighborhood haircut for seniors. ‪#‎haze‬ ‪#‎psi‬ ‪#‎age‬ ‪#‎seniors‬ ‪#‎n95‬ ‪#‎wpsg‬ ‪#‎singapore‬ ‪#‎payalebar‬ ‪#‎reasonstowin‬ ‪#‎haircut‬

12006185_936485126416748_5850025020803215719_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]符策涫 Foo Seck Guan Kenneth[/h]Public Figure

We hope to seek clarification from Mr Charles Chong for his claim that there was a $1 million surplus when PE was handed over to AJHGTC. PAP said that they will give a definitive answer.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/…/punggol-east-…/2111188.html

Punggol East accounts: 'No supporting evidence' of S$1m surplus, AHPETC says
PAP candidate Charles Chong was quoted in media reports as saying that the Punggol East town council had a surplus of S$1 million when it was handed over...
www.channelnewsasia.com

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Koh Choong Yong 许俊荣[/h]Public Figure

For information of your family and friends who are living in Punggol East SMC.

Punggol East SMC
Dear residents of Punggol East
We just had our first meeting with the new management on hand over matters. According to MND guidelines, we are given 90 days to do so.

In the meantime before the TC is handed over, we will continue with all essential services. Should you have any problem to feedback, you can continue to write to Ms Li Lian ([email protected]) or call the TC hotline.

Some residents have been asking where is Mr Charles Chong MPS. Here are the details:
Venue: Blk 124, Rivervale Drive (PAP branch office)

When: Mondays evening (expect Public holidays and the 5th Monday of each month).

Thank you.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Koh Choong Yong 许俊荣

Public Figure

Thanks for the mention in this ST Forum letter. Yes, I would like to continue to find out more about the challenges met by people with special needs and their caregivers in our society. I may not be elected and so I won't have the power given to me to speak in Parliament about this, but I will try to find ways that the awareness and concerns can be raised.

非常感谢这位海峡时报读者在他致函报馆的信件中特别提到我的演讲。是的,我希望继续向有特别需要的人们和他们的看护者了解他们所面对的种种挑战。虽然我没有获得委托,不能在国会中为此发言,但我会寻找其他方式,希望能够让人们更加关注这个话题。
https://guanyinmiao.files.wordpress.com/…/put-political-tal…

Thanks for the mention in this ST Forum letter. Yes, I would like to continue to find out more about the challenges met by people with special needs and their caregivers in our society. I may not be elected and so I won't have the power given to me to speak in Parliament about this, but I will try to find ways that the awareness and concerns can be raised.

Thank you very much for the straits times readers in his letter to the newspapers in special mention my speech. Yes, I hope to continue with special needs people and their carers know they faced the challenges. Although I have no access to entrust in Congress, can't for this statement, but I'll find other ways, hope to be able to make people more concerned about this topic.

https://guanyinmiao.files.wordpress.com/…/put-political-tal…
Automatically Translated

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=2]符策涫 Foo Seck Guan Kenneth[/h]Public Figure

We hope to seek clarification from Mr Charles Chong for his claim that there was a $1 million surplus when PE was handed over to AJHGTC. PAP said that they will give a definitive answer.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/…/punggol-east-…/2111188.html

Punggol East accounts: 'No supporting evidence' of S$1m surplus, AHPETC says
PAP candidate Charles Chong was quoted in media reports as saying that the Punggol East town council had a surplus of S$1 million when it was handed over...
www.channelnewsasia.com

Stop cry father cry mother.
Where is the 1M
Sue CC for making allegation and then call for BE.
Only then WP will earn my respect not a silent party. If not Aljunied GRC and Hougang deserve to be kicked for so timid against PAP

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Terence Tan 陈励正[/h]Public Figure

The Workers' Party would not exist, and would not be able to develop, or progress, without all of our passionate and dedicated volunteers. My fellow volunteers ask for no rewards, or thanks, and inspire me by their unstinting commitment to serve fellow Singaporeans. I am humbled to know and serve alongside many of you. Gratifying to see many more concerned Singaporeans volunteering in the days following GE 2015.

WP activists help party grow a grassroots network
SINGAPORE — Taking over the Aljunied Group Representation Constituency (GRC) from an established incumbent in 2011, the Workers’ Party’s (WP) grassroots activists, with no extensive network of resources to tap on, spent the...
m.todayonline.com

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Gerald Giam[/h]Politician

I asked the CEC to consider nominating Leon Perera and, if Parliament decides to open up the vacated seat left by Lee Li Lian, for Daniel Goh to fill it. I am happy that the CEC unanimously agreed to this proposal...

While I will no longer be an NCMP, I intend to continue serving residents on the ground in East Coast GRC and through my Party in the areas of policy research and media. I would like to thank all the residents of East Coast GRC who have supported me and WP in the past two elections which I contested, and I look forward to greater interactions with you over the next five years. For those who did not vote for us, I especially look forward to an opportunity to understand your concerns, hopes and dreams, and to be able to serve you better in the future.

NCMP positions and WP’s East Coast team | geraldgiam.sg
While I will no longer be an NCMP, I intend to continue serving residents on the ground in East Coast GRC and through my Party in the areas of policy research
geraldgiam.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Chen Jiaxi Bernard 陈家喜[/h]Public Figure

Today is the third Saturday of the month. It is a monthly opportunity for us to give back to needy residents in Kaki Bukit division. Since 2011, we have been working with a voluntary welfare organisation to bring food assistance to residents on a monthly basis. For me, nothing has changed. I will continue to serve.
12002325_519029024918790_4884553381462504758_n.jpg

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feel so sorry to see WP in such a state. I will laggi want to support them more in next election. Keep it up WP! - Clara Tan.

UNFAIR WHY WORKERS PARTY MP HAVE TO HOLD MEET THE PEOPLE SESSION UNDER...
www.allsingaporestuff.com | An online community with Real Singapore News
www.allsingaporestuff.com

Why feel unfair and sorry for WP? They deserved it.
They hv top notch wheeler-dealer lawyer BUT no political blood.
PS and SL are lawyers too.
Are these people no able to speak out?? How/what to speak out too?
No wonder people are calling them Silent n Useless Party.

Like I said before; they hv NO STING like the stingray.
CSM n SL are like the blurred Goldfishes.
PS n Manap are like catfishes.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Cheryl Denise Loh[/h]As with every third Saturday monthly, I had the privilege yet again to spend a purposeful noon with colleagues, Bernard and Vee, and fellow volunteers as we provide food assistance to the needy residents. So happy to be able to bring smiles to their faces! (Photo credits: Vee Tan)

1907974_867970766643158_7014468499589789939_n.jpg

12019916_867970786643156_3710027943246263328_n.jpg

12036588_867970823309819_5269508140648426504_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Daniel Goh 吴佩松[/h]Public Figure

I've been avoiding Li Lian's posts because of the pain involved. Finally, read her week-old post after attending Mass this morning, after a week of emotional closure. I increasingly left behind Punggol East this year as we stepped up house visits in East Coast. But Punggol East had remained my security safety net, the home base that I drew strength from. Just looking at this photo of my good friends and comrades, I already feel like I am at home, in my kampong. It feels strange now, an indistinct sense of nostalgia, almost like the feeling of loss I had when my beloved grandma's kampong got cleared out in Mandai.

On polling day night at Hougang Stadium, Yudhish came up to me, with quivering lips, telling me how much he had hoped that we would win East Coast GRC, but also consoled himself that in the event we don't, at least they would see me back in Punggol East again. Breaking into tears, he then said, now, even that consolation was not possible. That was the only time that night my eyes welled up with tears as I hugged him by the shoulders and said, "I don't have words, we lost our home, but we haven't lost each other."

I miss my kampong very much. On Mondays, I would walk across the pedestrian bridge over TPE or take the packed LRT to the void deck of Blk 135, filling in gaps before other volunteers came to talk to residents and write down their case information for Li Lian, and then writing the letters to various officialdoms after Li Lian met with the residents. It was always a time for camaraderie too between the volunteers, fed by fruits big-hearted residents would bring down to support us. We often had to suppress our wild laughter to maintain the gravity of the session. And when we worked, we worked, putting up one festival event after event, bus trip after trip, food ration after ration, with just a small band of dedicated volunteers who received nothing but intrinsic fulfilment.
Leaves are falling all around, it's time I was on my way. I was at the thank-you lunch for our East Coast volunteers yesterday, missing out on the traditional BBQ the Punggol East volunteers enjoyed with the "angmoh liangteh" and all. I will be working on other areas and focusing on party matters, while the Punggol East volunteers continue to work with Li Lian to walk the kampong and listen to the residents. I wish my kampong brothers and sisters godspeed and nerves of steel to keep on going, as it will be a hard slog and trudge in the muddied ground. We know why we are doing this, for our country and our kampong, so let's rage against the dying of the light!

Lee Li Lian 李丽连

I'm sorry. I accidentally deleted the earlier post and therefore the repost.

Thank you everyone smile emoticon I've started to receive a lot of messages and smses coming in. Thank you to our media friends for coming forward to offer encouragement.

What is going forward for me?

1. With the party's support, I hope to walk the ground again. Many friendships was forged, I cannot let go smile emoticon And I hope PE will still be around.

2. Decide whether to find a job or be a full time mother. The latter seems quite attractive smile emoticon
3. No, I won't be taking up the NCMP position. I respect the voters decision and I should give this chance to my other WP colleagues. We really have some good people who deserves the slot.

4. Some asked why I didn't ask for a recount. The percentage difference was more than 2%. You can only ask for a recount when the difference is 2% and below.

Thank you so much for the past 2.5 years, it was very very memorable

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Dr Chee in lunchtime rally in UOB Plaza saying that there is no effective Oppositions in the Parliament.

After his crashing defeat in GE2015, he said he want to work with WP :biggrin: