• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerald Liam:
August 24, 2014 at 11:59 am (Quote)
At first, we voted WP.
Our faith and trust in WP allowed them to do what they have been doing.
Since GE2011, we realise they have not done much significant achievements.
Instead, they even have own goals with the wet market and CNY pasar malam. Own goals?
I realised that our Trust in them allowed us to endure their lack of Action.
Then Roy came along and we started to wonder why a Blogger could have raised such a solid criticism and challenge to PAP on CPF and GIC.
Then we realised that WP also knows all these things. But they did not voice up in the same extent.
WP is clearly not the ideal Opposition because it cannot meet our expectations of a true Opposition party. It does not behave like one. Even LTK had to explain to LHL that they try to let the gov do their job . He said, Is that not enough? Sounds so apologetic. Like an Approved Opposition party. Like a Politically Correct Opposition party.
I still suspicious why a ex-police inspector like SL would join Opposition and got away with it.
And SL father was working for PAP G.

Workers Party is a fake opposition.
WP is PAP (B) team

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gerald Liam:
August 24, 2014 at 11:59 am (Quote)
At first, we voted WP.
Our faith and trust in WP allowed them to do what they have been doing.
Since GE2011, we realise they have not done much significant achievements.
Instead, they even have own goals with the wet market and CNY pasar malam. Own goals?

It is quite interesting that this was raised, because recently an anti-WP opposition supporter made a passing utterance about why vote for WP when they can't run a town council properly.

It seems the anti-WPists have involved and stretched the argument to municipal areas on top of parliamentary areas.

I guess the age old adage that "you can't please anyone" holds true. To me, it's WP above all other parties, PAP or any opposition party.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius:

: I used to respect WP but not anymore.
I realise that WP only wants power, just like the e**l pappies.
They dare not expose how PAP’s shameless policies (CPF, HDB, etc.) are exploiting citizens heavily.
Why? Could it be that WP might wish to continue with such policies when they have deposed PAP?
I hope more Opposition parties will be voted into Parliament instead.

WP is a silence party.
WP support CPF withdrawal min sum at 65
WP is PAP (B) team
What had WP done since GE2011 ?????
WP had been sleeping inside Parleement and been enjoying their 16k monthly allowance.
WP is a fake oppossition

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]
Health is wealth! Do help spread the word around on this meaningful health activity!

Come visit the exhibition and attend health talks at our Community Health Fair 2014 @ Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town! There is also Health Screening (No fasting required) from 9.00am to 11am for resident of Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town who are Singaporeans / PRs, 40 years and above (limited to 150 residents only).

10459101_749601815101035_97740931134168896_o.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Expect More Wayangs & Photo Ops From MIWs As It Gets Closer To Election
i also wonder whats the point of that photo?

this sort of photo will win votes?

one would think getting votes would be largely dependent on how one behave s and conduct themselves to others, especially when no one watching or u think no one watching

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Had a good time visiting and speaking to residents at Blk 653 Jalan Damai last night. I will cover the remaining half of the block this week and will look into the issues raised by residents. Delighted to have met a resident who was an old army colleague of my dad's! Mr Leong served The Singapore Army with honour, and spoke passionately about attending courses overseas and participating in numerous NDP parades. He was particularly proud of having been one of the youngest corporals to haven taken on the duties and responsibilities of a Company Sergeant-Major! As we exchanged pleasantries, Mr Leong pulled out a carefully kept album where he meticulously kept all his army pictures. One of the shots was a course picture with my dad in it! (dad has aged well!!) Best wishes Mr Leong, and thank you for your words of encouragement!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]Chen Jiaxi Bernard[/h]The time is 4.30pm. Conservancy workers at Kaki Bukit division, Aljunied GRC are going about their regular cleaning routine to keep the carparks and estate clean ad tidy. Thank you, as always!

10437664_10152278550031625_4252094754879914995_n.jpg

10644962_10152278550221625_7673633364973450915_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]Residents of Aljunied GRC, Hougang SMC and Punggol East SMC always have something to look forward to! Every year, Workers' Party's constituency committees will come up with an exciting line-up of fun and engaging events for the residents.

Many of our Youth Wing members and volunteers are actively involved in organizing these exciting constituency events. Our members and volunteers not only serve in the committees that plan the constituency events, but they also serve as the 'workers' during the event.

Let's take a look at two of our 'workers'. Since 2011, Bernard and Ihsan have been the 'bunga mangga' boys for Aljunied GRC's Hari Raya event. Every year, they are tasked with the very important duty of carrying the 'bunga mangga' in front of the procession leading our MPs into the event site. Do give our 'bunga mangga' boys a shout out when you see them again.

Be sure to also give a shout out to our many Youth Wing members and volunteers who are in action at our constituency events!

If you would like to bring a smile to our residents, we would love to have you join our Youth Wing family as a volunteer. Drop us an email at [email protected] so that we can share with you on how you can be part of our Youth Wing volunteer family!
1610781_10152632250178972_1329824786259720052_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

Co driver WP Tidor:
August 31, 2014 at 9:32 am (Quote)
Why?:
Where is our first class Parliament standard? Why our MPs include the Opposition sleeping all the way?
Agreed. Where’s WP who talked a lot during GE 2011.
They are underperforming. It’s inconceivable that there are no issues worthy of their attention.
Wake up WP! Co driver fallen asleep?

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]Chen Jiaxi Bernard[/h]<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152251293946625&set=a.485418621624.256579.530146624&type=1"><abbr title="Sunday, August 17, 2014 at 6:18pm" data-utime="1408324720">August 17</abbr> near Tampines Estate, Singapore · Edited

In the six years between 2006 and 2012, I took on various positions in the Workers' Party Youth Wing Executive Committee (WPYW ExCo), serving first as an executive committee member, and subsequently appointed to helm the role of the WPYW Organising Secretary. In 2010, I was elected as the WPYW Secretary and I stepped down from that position in 2012. Today I was elected again as an executive committee member. I declined to run for a higher post as I felt it was better left to more outstanding candidates. Thank you for entrusting me with the heavy responsibilities for the next two years. I will do my best. Looking forward to working with a new batch of ExCo members. Thank you, as always.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
This is a multi-win-win situation. The University pedestrianise its streets; people walk for better health and environment. Coffee shacks are set up, operated by student-run social enterprises; part-time jobs for students are created, profs and students get their caffeine fixes, social causes get funding, and conversation events are produced as people go out to get their coffee, wait for their coffee, and walk back with their coffee.

This joint is called House of Cards. You order your coffee and get a playing card, say, Eight of Hearts, to be called when your coffee is ready. Collect your coffee and drop it into one of the four boxes to give to the cause of your choice: health, social, environment, culture. I dropped mine in culture, but will go for environment next. Coffee was good, and the conversation with my host colleague was wonderful for the walk and the wait, and a new idea for scholarly collaboration was born. Major win!
— at The University of Melbourne.

10583966_767748999954512_2198005827728541308_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever hear the wayang party talk like that ?????
WP is wayang party.
WP support CPF min sum withdrawal at 65.
All WP MPs have no balls.

from TR Emeritius

TrustNoPig:
September 2, 2014 at 3:00 pm (Quote)
现在都没饭吃了,还要想二十年后的事?
Our PM would of course love to work until 99 like his father. Laze around, 吃補 and collect $ as if it’s raining cats and dogs every minute.
We on the other hand have to slog our whole life, even when we are down and sick, to earn enough for survival. Now who is going to pay for our medical bills when we push our health to the limit until 65 and 68? PM LHL and his father of course no problem lah. Can take unlimited MCs, fully paid medical (at most $8), fully paid with benefits and pensions, and have COMPLETE access to SECRETIVE FUNDS using our CPF to back stop losses while getting to keep the profits.
When we have no money, we are on our own.
When we have no job, we are on our own.
When we have no health, we are on our own.
When we are in trouble, we are on our own.
When we are young or old, we are on our own.
But when it comes to our CPF money, NO NO NO, we ARE NOT ON OUR OWN anymore. PAP must come into picture and manage our money.
What kind of fark government is this?
What kind of fark democracy is this?
What kind of fark MPs did the 60% vote into parliament?