• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

"I’d like to call for a more detailed study on the profile of pawners and on the industry. In particular, we should look at those who do not redeem their valuables to understand the underlying reasons. Also, in order not to become a society with excessive pawning, the study can also look into the appropriate number of outlets in each neighbourhood and if the level and content of advertising should be subjected to some controls. I believe better data will be useful to help look into the underlying causes for the rapid rise in the pawnbrokering trade and how we can tweak the Pawnbrokers Bill in future to continue to keep pace with this industry’s changing landscape."

[/h]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
I learned a lot from Faisal and Li Lian today, as we moved in our Hammer teams to the surrounding shops and coffee shops around Kovan market.
A lady approaches us and demands we respond to her feedback. She makes a general comment that the place has become very dirty and that no one from WP has visited her at her home since 2011. Faisal and Li Lian ask for the specific areas of dirtiness which we could address, but the lady makes a general gesture telling us to look around and see for ourselves. They thank her for the feedback and tell themselves there is always room for improvement and will work on it.

Another lady approaches us not long after. I am amused she says the exact opposite and thank us for the amazing cleanliness she has seen since she moved into the area last year, compared to a neighbouring GRC she moved from. Li Lian is not amused. She asks whether there are any areas for improvement and even almost insists there must be when the lady is vigorously shaking Li Lian's hands and says it is perfect. She begs the lady to tell us if she ever sees anything out of order so that we can address it.

A friendly old man sitting at the coffee shop buys the Hammer and begins telling us about the dirty corridor he has been experiencing in the last month. Immediately, Li Lian's attention lights up to super-engaged and she asks for details so that she can identify the cause and address the problem. Boon Yaw, who helps Show Mao in the ward, writes down the details for follow
up action.

Live with the people, listen, humbly, don't judge, and seek to improve ourselves, always.

1506614_1029266027089980_4798018695789201035_n.jpg

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP-----WHERE ARE YR REPLIES to swissbank?
esp on transport increase...co-driver is quiet n lost.
PM already hinted to WP to make a stand to fight it out with him for Premiership.
I think WP ought to change its name. They are too comfortable with the MP allowance.
Aging LTK is fit to be PM? There is no fire in his belly now.

ksgd0717

Alfrescian
Loyal
Secretary-General Low Thia Kiang,

I was told by my former leader that you are a good/famous teacher. I need to know which is more serious, error or mistake? Thank you.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]
Parliamentary Questions for 29 January 2015 Sitting
In the second Parliamentary Sitting this January, WP MPs raise questions on commercial companies operating in land zoned for religious use, cases of government agencies applying to revoke patents belonging to local IP owners, the cost of the new natural grass turf solution for the National Stadium, the number of non-graduate teachers hired per year, and requirements for pre-flight briefings for pilots.

QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER*

*3. Ms Lee Li Lian: To ask the Minister for National Development (a) how many commercial companies are operating in land zoned for religious use; and (b) what are the considerations used by the Ministry to award such land to commercial entities.

*8. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs (a) whether other countries share their terrorism watch lists and no-fly lists with the Singapore Government; (b) whether individuals who are on other countries' watch lists are all denied entry into Singapore at our checkpoints; and (c) whether Singapore maintains its own terrorism watch list and no-fly list and shares it with other friendly countries to enhance security cooperation.

*9. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Law since 2001 (a) how many times have our Ministries, agencies and statutory boards, or government-linked companies (GLCs) applied to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) for revocation of patents, registered trademarks or registered designs belonging to local intellectual property (IP) owners; (b) how many revocations have been granted; (c) what are the main reasons for revocation; and (d) how many complaints has the Government received from local IP owners about our Ministries, agencies and statutory boards, or GLCs infringing their IP rights.

*13. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Culture, Community and Youth (a) what will be (i) the one-time cost of implementing and (ii) the annual cost of maintaining the newly proposed "lay-and-play" natural grass turf solution in the National Stadium, over and above the $860,000 spent on the existing hybrid turf system and the $1.5 million spent on buying "growth lights"; (b) why this new turf solution has been chosen over an artificial grass pitch solution which can be more durable and cost effective to maintain; and (c) how the Government will ensure that Sports Hub Pte Ltd (SHPL) does not pass these additional costs to its tenants and end customers.

*15. Mr Yee Jenn Jong: To ask the Minister for Education how many new non-graduates join the Ministry as General Education Officers each year from 2012 to 2014 and what percentage do these new teachers form as a percentage of all new teachers hired in those years.

QUESTIONS FOR WRITTEN ANSWER

1. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs as at 31 December 2014, how many foreign spouses of Singapore citizens have (i) social visit passes; (ii) Long Term Visit Passes (LTVP); and (iii) an immigration status which makes them ineligible to work in Singapore.

3. Mr Gerald Giam Yean Song: To ask the Minister for Transport (a) whether the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS) requires pilots of all commercial flights departing from Singapore to undergo pre-flight briefings; (b) if so, who conducts these briefings and what are the contents of these briefings; and (c) whether the conduct and contents of pre-flight briefings are left to the discretion of individual airlines or flight operators.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]Political Party

Gerald Giam supports the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, and queries whether the means testing process will be made automatic. He expresses concerns about the extent of access, disclosure and use of confidential data, the process and consequences of opting out; and safeguards to prevent illegal disclosure.
"But there is a third group of individuals: Those who have no medical conditions that warrant higher premiums but still do not wish to give the State such wide ranging access to their personal information. People in this group should not be penalised for wishing to maintain their privacy, neither should they be forced to make a Hobson’s choice: Either permit access to your data, or pay higher premiums."

Debate on MediShield Life Scheme Bill – NCMP Gerald Giam
By Non-Constituency MP, Gerald Giam [Delivered in Parliament on 29 Jan 2015] This Bill gives effect to the MediShield Life Scheme, which was debated in this
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Political Party

Lee Li Lian (李丽连) supports of the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, and raises questions on the penalty for late payment of premiums, access to health information, and underwriting processes and pre-existing conditions.
"One of the key features of Medishield Life is, it covers pre-existing conditions. Pre-existing conditions not currently covered under MediShield will have to pay an extra 30 per cent in premiums for 10 years. Is 30% a standard rate for all pre-existing conditions or it is a range of up to 30% depending on the severity of the pre-existing conditions?"

Debate on MediShield Life Scheme Bill – MP Lee Li Lian
By MP for Punggol East SMC, Lee Li Lian [Delivered in Parliament on 29 Jan 2015] This Bill sets out the legislative framework and powers for the implementat
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Political Party

PNG ENG HUAT urges the Minister to consider allowing those with pre-existing medical insurance benefits and pensioners the choice to opt out of the MediShield Life Scheme.
"The Medishield Life Review Committee report has made reference to the Swiss experience on health insurance. The Swiss has mandatory health insurance but there are exemptions allowed for good reasons. Likewise, our MediShield Life Scheme should also allow exemptions especially for pensioners and for very good reasons."

Debate on MediShield Life Scheme Bill – MP Png Eng Huat
By MP for Hougang SMC, Png Eng Huat [Delivered in Parliament on 29 Jan 2015] Madam, the proposed MediShield Life will address the fundamental issue of p
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daniel PS Goh

Author

I think it is good that Minister Khaw admitted readily and frankly to an administrative lapse and reversed the wrong move, notwithstanding strange gendered analogies. I don't think there is a need to "forgive" the lapse, because to say that is to unreasonably expect that a government, from a ground agency to the cabinet, would not make mistakes.

There is nothing to forgive or praise here, nothing to condemn also; the mistake is recognised, and the government should continue to do its job, the public should continue to be vigilant, and life goes on. The more important thing is to learn from the episode and to improve on processes and services.The worrying thing is that an administrative lapse on a local level had to escalate to the highest national arena, necessitating a cabinet minister to step in to explain and apologise.

An accountable government should not be defensive in the first knee-jerk instance and automatically dismiss public criticisms as reflecting irrational impulses or "not-in-my-backyard" (NIMBY) selfishness or ignorant misunderstandings. This should be the attitude pervading the entire hierarchy. This issue should have been resolved somewhere down the line, without drawing on the time and energy of the top executive. I hope the bureaucracy learns instead of scapegoating this away.

The public should allow government officers to make mistakes and learn from them, but the officers should also be professional and humble to listen and seriously reflect on whether a mistake was made in the first place, whether better alternatives are available and viable, when faced with critical feedback. The worst assumption to make on all sides is that we are right and the other side wrong.

"We just assumed": Khaw Boon Wan
In Parliament on Thursday, Workers' Party (WP) Member of Parliament for Punggol East SMC, Lee Lilian, asked the Minister of National Development, Khaw Boon Wan, how the land site in Fernvale...
theonlinecitizen.com

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Political Party

Joining the debate on the Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Bill, Pritam Singh highlighted some areas for concern, as well as suggestions to better represent public interests.

"The WP proposes that the retail sale of alcohol be allowed to continue as long as an individual does not consume the purchased alcohol in a prospectively disallowed public area, as it is foreseeable that such purchases may be for private consumption rather than at bars and clubs where alcohol is usually more expensive to purchase."

Debate on Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Bill – MP Pritam Singh
By MP for Aljunied GRC, Pritam Singh [Delivered in Parliament on 30 Jan 2015] Understanding the...
wp.sg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW)[/h]Political Party

Another successful outreach by the Workers' Party Youth Wing! Thank you to everyone who bought a copy of the Hammer!

10943681_10152999610908972_6515554472068832108_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Good morning East Coast! Made our rounds at Blk 58 New Upper Changi Road, Blk 16 Bedok South Road, and Simpang Bedok. Thanks for getting a copy of our Hammer Newsletter and have a great Sunday!
10897187_1033705633312686_1033705299979386_39976_2126_b.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Jimmy:
February 1, 2015 at 10:03 am (Quote)
TrustNoPig:
January 31, 2015 at 4:53 pm (Quote)

Sorry, if LTK want to sit and reap benefits for himself and his party first instead of going all out to fight for the many Singaporeans already disadvantaged by PAP’s policies all these years, then my suggestion is he can just sit and watch because with or without his party’s participation, no difference to people like us who voted WP in.
If we were to allow LTK to advance his political career in this manner, I might as well keep PAP.
So, answer is NO. Any opposition who do not take a tough stand against PAP’s discriminating policies before and after elections don’t get my vote.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

Madam Speaker, in conclusion, while I support the principle of this Bill, I like to urge the Minister to review the scope of the regulations to leave more flexibility for the sales and consumption of liquor in areas that are away from private residence.

Liquor Control (Supply and Consumption) Bill
I delivered the following speech in Parliament on 29 January 2015 Madam Speaker, I echo the position presented by my Party’s colleague Mr Pritam Singh. While I welcome additional measures to better...
yeejj.wordpress.com

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:
February 1, 2015 at 11:18 am (Quote)
@ article
“… the WP is increasingly getting criticized …. by those purportedly from the opposition camp …..”

The ONLY matter of crucial importance with regards to your use of the word “PURPORTEDLY” is whether the Workers’ Party is “PURPORTEDLY” an Opposition political party or is it just serving the needs and interests of the PAP.
The record of the Workers’ Party, and especially its Secretary-General and MP since 1991,as I’ve shown below, which is reposted from my comments in another current thread, just goes to show that the Workers’ Party PRETENDS to serve sinkies needs, while actually serves to LEGITIMISE the tyrannical policies of the PAP
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that the Workers’ Party has been singing the PAP’s PRAISES, as for example Sylvia Lim, Chairman of the Workers’ Party and then NCMP had defended/sang the praises of the PAP justice/judicial system at the Internatinal Bar Association meeting in Singapore in 2007; that WP’s Secretary General & MP since 1991 giving the PAP “passing grade” for governance; that Sylvia Lim praised the PAP’s macro-economic policies (of growth at all cost & with sinkies being replaced by foreigners etc etc).
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that WP’s Low Thia Khiang has achieved NOTHING of substance for the millions of dollars collected from the tax payers as MP allowances & only WAYANG in Parliament.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that ALL the other WP MPs have also contributed NOTHING of substance.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that Almost ALL those existing and wanna-be MPs, especially those from the Workers’ Party are in or seeking to be in Parliament for the money…..self-centred and selfish as I had debunked another obvious WP IB (or perhaps a WP MP himself) in another recent thread.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
From TR Emeritius

I'm Confused Leh:
February 1, 2015 at 11:18 am (Quote)
@ article
“… the WP is increasingly getting criticized …. by those purportedly from the opposition camp …..”

The ONLY matter of crucial importance with regards to your use of the word “PURPORTEDLY” is whether the Workers’ Party is “PURPORTEDLY” an Opposition political party or is it just serving the needs and interests of the PAP.
The record of the Workers’ Party, and especially its Secretary-General and MP since 1991,as I’ve shown below, which is reposted from my comments in another current thread, just goes to show that the Workers’ Party PRETENDS to serve sinkies needs, while actually serves to LEGITIMISE the tyrannical policies of the PAP
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that the Workers’ Party has been singing the PAP’s PRAISES, as for example Sylvia Lim, Chairman of the Workers’ Party and then NCMP had defended/sang the praises of the PAP justice/judicial system at the Internatinal Bar Association meeting in Singapore in 2007; that WP’s Secretary General & MP since 1991 giving the PAP “passing grade” for governance; that Sylvia Lim praised the PAP’s macro-economic policies (of growth at all cost & with sinkies being replaced by foreigners etc etc).
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that WP’s Low Thia Khiang has achieved NOTHING of substance for the millions of dollars collected from the tax payers as MP allowances & only WAYANG in Parliament.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that ALL the other WP MPs have also contributed NOTHING of substance.
The REALITY of Singapore politics is that Almost ALL those existing and wanna-be MPs, especially those from the Workers’ Party are in or seeking to be in Parliament for the money…..self-centred and selfish as I had debunked another obvious WP IB (or perhaps a WP MP himself) in another recent thread.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
swissbank,
the reality of Sg politics is that the govt/ruling party is so bloody cash rich that even
their own people have been bought over; needless to say of the opps. We should know who
they are. Money is the greatest evil tool to buy their souls, hypocrisy and golden silence.
Dont need to mention that once BOAT ROCKER. It had become an OSV or Cruise ship already,
drawing a very handsome allowance for almost 3 decades when many were still in diapers.