• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
:*::*::*::*::*::*::*:

Attachments

• wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 179

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIW R THUGS:
TR Emeritius

October 23, 2014 at 4:54 am (Quote)

I urge all voters and citizens to VOTE FOR
a totally NEW GOVT in coming GE.
And try our best to get Kenneth Jeyaratnam
into the next Parliament, by hook or by crook.
VOTE FOR CHANGE, VOTERS.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Dear Residents of Ajunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East,
Please ask yourself what have Workers' Party done inside parliament debate??????
Other than taking pictures with residents and elderly to show off they care and conducting tour !!!!
Do we need to pay them 16K for doing such these ?????
Oppositions want voices and press hard issues inside parliament such as
1. Why MDA banned 'To Singapore with Love'
2. Why NEA wasting so much time about the HLP protest ?????
3. How double standard about the overcharge bills ????
etc.

WP is a completely a Silent Party.
WP is PAP 'B' Team
WP is a fake opposition party
We want change and kick out both PAP and also WP that is PAP 'B' team
PAP is just like BN and WP is MCA

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
[h=2]Are Singaporeans more open to public surveillance?[/h]
October 23, 2014 at 4:52am
Was asked by ST journalist, Janice Heng, as a sociologist, whether I thought Singapore society is particularly accepting of public surveillance compared to other societies like the UK, where governmental CCTV cameras have been met with resistance, and why so if this is the case, perhaps Singaporeans have higher levels of trust in the government or care more about safety than privacy. My reply at length below. Writing a note to keep track of my thoughts ... comments are welcome.

Article was published 22 October 2014. Click here for PDF copy:
http://www.gov.sg/government/web/co...MOD=AJPERES&useDefaultText=0&useDefaultDesc=0

-----

I don’t think Singaporeans are more open to public surveillance. I think we are naturally uncomfortable with surveillance and would like our privacy protected as much as possible, as are other citizens of modern urban societies. My educated guess is that the lack of resistance in Singapore is due to three factors.

First, we do not have an entrenched political culture emphasising civil liberties and citizen rights, unlike countries like the UK, which has a history of many centuries of civil society and the citizenry fighting for freedom against despotism. On the contrary, we are very used, perhaps too much so, to governmental intervention and oversight in our lives.

Second, linked to the previous point, we don’t have the independent civic institutions that could raise consciousness, to get people to become aware, thinking and adopting opinions on such issues. Even if there are opinions, we lack the same institutions to give convincing genuine feedback to the government and to express general resistance to the proliferation of surveillance cameras. Surveys, by the way, have a built-in response bias (especially demand and social desirability biases) when it comes to politically charged and public issues in Singapore, and won’t give us accurate results.

Third, linked to too much governmental oversight in our lives, especially since four-fifths of Singaporeans live in public housing estates, our notions of private and public space are quite different. The lack of a sense of ownership for public spaces, which are seen as common areas under the management of governmental authorities rather spaces belong to us as a collective, means that we often surrender our privacy (of images of our bodies, of information regarding our identity and movement, etc.) to the same authorities without much questioning. At the same time, we become over-protective of our privacy at home, and thus some authorities needing to conduct checks inside apartments or even just to conduct household surveys have encountered difficulties in doing their job.

Thus, I don’t think Singaporeans welcome or worry about surveillance cameras; we just don’t think about them. Sure, I think Singaporeans generally trust and respect the police force, but so do most citizens in modern urban societies of their police forces. So that doesn’t explain why Singaporeans offer much less resistance to the surveillance cameras to their counterparts in other societies.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

abpap:
October 24, 2014 at 12:49 am (Quote)

one thing I don’t agree with author is that Tan Cheng Bock won’t be easily manipulated by pap. He is still a pap guy. His name was thrown into the PE to dilute our votes. Since the PE, Tan Jee Say and Tan Kin Lian have both spoken against pap policies regularly. What has Tan CB done? So far, the most notable thing he had done was to complain he wasn’t invited to NDP. Complained he was uninvited to cny party coz he was looking forward to catch up with his old pap colleagues and gla loot leaders. The more he try to project pap doesn’t friend him anymore, the more suspicious it looks. Straits Times had printed stories about TanCB helping the poor, giving free medical. Why haven’t Singaporeans learnt not to trust ANYTHING that the ST publishes?
Had Singaporeans united to vote Tan Jee Say in as President, he will be fixing lhl & his cabinet and NOT lhl having so much free time to fix opposition and Singaporeans!!

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

Realist:
October 9, 2014 at 10:14 am (Quote)

With the $15,000 monthly paycheck I would also gladly keep silent. Good money who don’t want.
Like I said, WP is the classic PAP B team

================================================== =========

handi:
October 9, 2014 at 10:37 am (Quote)

This senior citizen have a dammaged brain who blindly worship his WP without sense.
While you are talking about accoutable in the capacity of politicians, what integrity have your WP when they publicly condemned Roy, HHH and protesters at hLP and many negative support like PAP’s return our CPF on 65,
LTK and SL as secretary and chairman of WP have failed as politicians to provide essential constructive policies to improve lives of citizens but remain silent, siting pretty comfort with their 16K MP allowances.
But Roy was sued while voicing out every citizen’s concern and rights on the return of their CPF at 55. Don’t WP feel ashamed as politicians?

================================================== ==========

TrustNoPig:
October 9, 2014 at 11:34 am (Quote)

What LTK and WP promise, they better blardy hell deliver.
Otherwise, they are no different from PAP.
So don’t spout nonsense about WP strategy. WP did promise to slap the DRIVER hard if they are caught sleeping.
We want politicians with higher level of integrity and deliver what they promise. Otherwise, why campaign in the first place 挂羊头卖狗肉?
Can’t WP deliver something as simple as their commitment?
So WP supporters, please consider and choose other oppositions (sad to say, my family votes help send WP Aljunied team into parliament). Send clear message to WP and all other opposition parties that if they do not perform and deliver as per their campaign, we will pull them now without qualms.
This is the only way we civilians can do to put politicians on their toes, including PAP (look at LHL wearing HIGH HEELS now that he lost Aljunied).

================================================== ===========

PAP B Team:
October 9, 2014 at 12:54 pm (Quote)

I agree with the writer. in 2016 vote in more WP MPs into parliament so that they can remain quiet for the next 5 years. if opposition MPs make a lot noises in parliament, LHL will have to spend all his time to fix them, by keeping quiet allows PM Lee to concentrate on state matters. Opposition MPs should emulate theWP MPS, be the PAP Team B, allow all policies to pass unopposed and do not criticize the ruling party , support the 7million PWP, join the PAP MPs to criticize the behaviours of 3H and Roy on the HLP/ YMCA saga!

================================================== ==========
Easter:
October 9, 2014 at 3:13 pm (Quote)

While it is always good to bide one’s time, the Opposition Does need to respond to issues, to raise questions, like the overcharging by Alvin Yeo’s law firm which has seen no response from the Spore Law Soc; like the ease with which a foreign man who is totally unrelated to a very elderly Sporean not only got Lasting Power of Attorney but also got PR through the appeal of a PAP MP.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Low and residents of Aljunied GRC and Punggol East SMC at 三亚,海口,兴隆. Stopped at 南海观音,南山 for a group photo!

10635809_783821731679043_4834123681782622906_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

WP's Snake-oil Salesman Con:
October 26, 2014 at 7:08 pm (Quote)

@ Yee Jenn Jong

“Strong safeguards needed”
What is most needed is to have “strong safeguards” against the WAYANG Workers’ Party Snake-oil Salesman Con in misleading sinkies into thinking that the Wayang WP is an opposition party of First World Parliament standard. (I think the reality is that the Wayang WP only serves the interests of the E(V)IL REGIME so that their MPs, especially the Wayang WP Sec-General Low Thia Khiang, in being rewarded with their monthly $16k MP allowance.
A case in point is the denunciation of Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui for “heckling”/”jeering” the special needs children participating in the YMCA prom carnival at Hong Lim Park on 27 Sep 2014.
As the video of the event showed, Yee Jenn Jong based his fallacious comment in the propaganda reports of the E(V)IL REGIME’s mouthpieces/msm.
On the said case, it is clear that the E(V)IL REGIME through their Police is finding all ways to “FIX” Roy and Han Hui Hui in order to silence them from futher embarrassing the E(V)IL REGIME & to silence Roy/HHH from spreading their messages on the exploitation of sinkies’ CPF monies.
It is a clear case of abuse of Police power when the Police first gave the excuse of investigating an “ILLEGAL ASSEMBLY’; but now Roy/HHH are being charged for being a Public Nuisance and not having obtaining the NParks approval for holding a demonstration, even though the other more relevant law on Public Order specifically excludes HLP from requiring a permit to hold a demonstration.
And yet the entire Wayang Workers’ Party MPs have kept silent on such blatant abuse of power and the E(V)IL REGIME’s brazeness of depriving Roy, HHH & others from exercising their Constitutional right to free speech and demonstration.
Vote out the WAYANG Workers’ Party for betraying sinkies and siding with the E(V)IL REGIME………the sooner the better.
By the way, GAMBLING is already rampant in Singapore with or without the on-line gambling and it is just wayang on the party of Yee in his Parliamentary speech as reproduced in the article.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIW R liars:
October 27, 2014 at 11:26 am (Quote)

People, this is the Yee Jenn Jong of Workers Party
that has made anti-Sngaproean comments recenty and
criticised irrationally the argument on CPF monies
of Roy Ngerng.
I suggest we do not vote for him or Bernard Chen
in coming GE. DO NOT vote for them.
Vote for other OPPO party member instead.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
MIW R liars:
October 27, 2014 at 11:26 am (Quote)

People, this is the Yee Jenn Jong of Workers Party
that has made anti-Sngaproean comments recenty and
criticised irrationally the argument on CPF monies
of Roy Ngerng.
I suggest we do not vote for him or Bernard Chen
in coming GE. DO NOT vote for them.
Vote for other OPPO party member instead.