• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
"In our sometimes highly stressed environment, it pays to show a little kindness to those around you. In that way, you can help make a better environment for yourself too."

- A reminder to myself as I attended the annual street party today and also came across another street with friendly neighbours, all in my good ol' childhood neighbourhood of Opera Estate.

Jalan Bintang Tiga Street Party#15
joochiattoday.wordpress.com

To hold a ground-up and volunteer-driven initiative continuously for fifteen years is not easy feat. What's more remarkable is to keep it growing bigger and bigger each year.The good folks at Jalan...

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]Greeting familiar faces and meeting new ones at Aljunied GRC as we carry out the weekly Hanmer outreach.

10616526_924033914279859_1118615413581857700_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]"The PM wants the current generation to be pioneers for the future generation, just as the first batch of pioneer generation had taken Singapore from third world to first world. We will need a culture of believing in our own people, developing them and giving them the opportunities to progress. We will need to move away from blind paper chase to chasing to equip ourselves with the skills to do the job well, and to do the job with pride. I certainly hope this mind-set shift will not be just lips service but will be pursued earnestly."

My thought on NDR 2014 on redefining the pathways for success.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]Chen Jiaxi Bernard[/h]<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152236604936625&set=a.485418621624.256579.530146624&type=1"><abbr title="Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 5:42pm" data-utime="1407631337">August 9</abbr> near Tampines Estate, Singapore

Friendship matters in politics and team players are the best players of all. Thank you!

10568860_10152236604936625_6360861950656217864_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is so called Opposition party! the wayang party n the silence party is WP
Die die must not vote the silence party.
Void your vote if there is WP contesting.
mike:
August 10, 2014 at 4:16 am (Quote)
low this kiang is an obedient paid slave and so call opposition .
A bloody sly fox in the name of opposition to making sure there is no oppositional voice .
Well this is what sporean want mah, speal hokkien ah, speak teochew ah …. can become mp, one sales women became mp for senkang .
A brainy educated KJ lost to a much lesser educated sales women , who has been keeping shut in the parliament still not out of the excitement .
So who is at fault , we and our stupid mentality….
Ther is no opposition in parliament now…
anyone who consider Sylvia and low to be oppositional speakers , go to the mirror and spit at urself ..
David Marshall and JB Jayaratnam would have farted from their grave having called these obedient well behave fabricated non pap mp in parliament as opposition .
Workers party is now just wayang party
P MPs have lost their voices:
August 9, 2014 at 5:53 pm (Quote)
WP is definitely going to lose a lot of votes in the next GE because they have not fulfilled their Election promise of speaking up for Singaporeans which affect their lives! When LTK was asked by LHL whether WKS should be sacked for MAS escape he kept quiet, the answer is simple and straight forward,why was he afraid of? With the exception of GG, the rest of the WP MPs have lost their voices! When hot issues like. CPF, foreigners influx, high cost of living, healthcare cost, housing prices, transportation woe, environmental issues like dengue and haze are everyday online talks and ordinary Singaporeans like Roy , Leong Tze Hian. Hui Hui,are speaking up . They continue to keep mum even though netizens have persistently reminded them of their promises to speak up . 2016 is round the corner please do not ask voters to vote you in so that you can be our voices because all of you have lost your voices!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]
NCMP Gerald Giam shares his thoughts on the changes to CPF, namely CPF payouts, the Lease Buyback Scheme, and the withdrawal of CPF after retirement.

"While I understand the PM’s explanation that sufficient CPF balances are needed for people to have a decent monthly pay out after retirement, many low-income (or no-income) Singaporeans simply cannot save up enough to meet the Minimum Sum of $155,000 or $161,000, even with the property pledge included."

#NDRsg

Thoughts on National Day Rally 2014 | geraldgiam.sg
geraldgiam.sg

I attended the National Day Rally on 17 August 2014 at ITE. After the speech, reporters from various media outlets asked for my views on the Prime Minister's

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daniel PS Goh

A short article in Zaobao on our new Youth Wing team, and the highlights of our prata stall meeting last evening -- Pam spinning and winning a milo prata! New programmes and activities akan datang. Watch this space!

I made the following statement to Zaobao:

I am elated with the good turnout at the Youth Wing conference and the great interest shown in our vision for the next two years. I am excited to start work with an Exco elected by the participants for its cultural, gender and skill-set diversity. I am expecting the positive energy to transform the Youth Wing into a creative platform for young Singaporeans to explore, experience and embrace democratic politics, ground up and inclusive.

10616138_761165350612877_5820018346173733201_n.jpg

10574456_761169840612428_4014476963842273845_n.jpg

10615471_761167477279331_9040681270012839805_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is as bad as the PAP:
August 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm (Quote)
As usual, the WP team and LTK have no moral standard and no matter of principle. LTK has no passion and no conviction/firm belief, he always sits on the fence and chooses to do the convenient thing by following which way the wind blows.
LTK would rather protect his $16k monthly salary than offend his PAP master. If you think LTK will ever make a stand for the TRUE interests of Singaporeans, I say you better tan ku ku – wait long long!!!!!
I am amazed whenever I see the WP supporters not being able to see the true colors of LTK!!!!!
I say, next General election, Vote WP and LTK OUT!!!!!!!! The WP and LTK does not do justice to the democratic movement in Singapore by sitting on the fence. Worse still, the WP does not even work hard to come up with their own proposals on important policy matters to challenge the PAP. Mind you, the taxpayers are paying to the tune of nearly $1.5 million per year to maintain the 7 WP MPs. The WP only knows how to organize tours and dinners, like the PAP, for the ulterior motive of winning (or deceiving) the votes from the gullible elderly uncles and aunties in our HDB heartlands. My fellow Singaporean, please believe me, both the PAP and WP are treating us like fools.
Next election, vote for the SDP. In my opinion, the SDP is the TRUE democratic opposition party. The SDP acts like a real gentleman and would always make a stand on what it believes, unlike the WP MPs who are so kiasi and kiasu to lose their $16k per month salaries.
The SDP has been warning Singaporeans about the CPF minimum sum scheme since 15 years ago! (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/we_said_this_15_years_ago/2014-08-15-5864)
And until now, the SDP is still officially stating unequivocally to the PAP to return the CPF money to the Singaporeans. (Read this link http://yoursdp.org/news/2014-08-18-5868)
Vote for the SDP if you want to see REAL change in your life in Singapore. Vote for the SDP for the sake of your own future and more importantly, for the better future of your younger generations. The SDP has worked very hard during the last three years to propose alternative policies in healthcare, housing, population, education, ministerial salaries, and soon-to-come economic and CPF policies. Mind you, the SDP team did all these alternative policy proposals without a single cent of taxpayers money. The WP MPs are paid $1.5 million a year and the WP has done ZERO alternative policies in the last three years. How can the WP call themselves an opposition party???????????
Voting for more WP MPs is like voting for more PAP MPs. Why waste your precious vote on them???????? Vote SDP and the other opposition parties for your own good benefits. Do not continue to be treated like fools by these two con man parties of PAP and WP.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)[/h]
"Indeed, the MPs and observers cited numerous HR practices that the Public Service should re-examine: Different pay scales pegged according to a public servant’s academic qualifications, the use of Current Estimated Potential to determine how high an employee can rise, and a preference for scholars, among other things.
"

The elephant in the room I shared about in my blog post yesterday about NDR 2014. I also spoke about this when giving door stop interviews to reporters after the event. Deep change should come within the government service first. The practice is less entrenched in the private sector, though improvements can also be made here.

Cultural shift in way people are valued ‘long overdue’ - Channel NewsAsia
[url]www.channelnewsasia.com

MPs and observers are unanimous in asking Public Service to take the lead, saying it has much room for...

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gerald Giam

"The fact that most eligible home owners have not taken up the Lease Buyback Scheme may well be a positive sign that most seniors do in fact have other support, and are adequately provided for in retirement."

I find this statement simply astonishing.

PM's account not overly rosy
[url]www.straitstimes.com

THE commentary ("CPF changes do not go far enough"; Tuesday) misunderstood Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's comments on retirement adequacy at Sunday's National Day Rally.

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
Am here for a sabbatical fellowship till mid-Dec. Thanks to smart technologies, The Workers' Party back-room work continues, while I am staying closely connected to The Workers' Party Youth Wing (WPYW) Exco team that is mobilising and organising for a new slate of outreach programmes. Missing grassroots friends and volunteer work in Punggol East SMC though -- they are celebrating Hari Raya with residents later.

Will be writing a book and working with friends and colleagues in cultural studies here, while cooking with the freshest produce to feed the family and drinking excellent vintages to pace my mind. One of my best friends moved here last year (see 7 Sep 2013 post), am looking forward to hanging out with him and family, almost a year already!

Do PM me if you are passing through and would like to meet for coffee or a pint
— at The University of Melbourne.

10476334_763271563735589_3929121214698858382_o.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerald Liam:
August 24, 2014 at 11:59 am (Quote)
At first, we voted WP.
Our faith and trust in WP allowed them to do what they have been doing.
Since GE2011, we realise they have not done much significant achievements.
Instead, they even have own goals with the wet market and CNY pasar malam. Own goals?
I realised that our Trust in them allowed us to endure their lack of Action.
Then Roy came along and we started to wonder why a Blogger could have raised such a solid criticism and challenge to PAP on CPF and GIC.
Then we realised that WP also knows all these things. But they did not voice up in the same extent.
WP is clearly not the ideal Opposition because it cannot meet our expectations of a true Opposition party. It does not behave like one. Even LTK had to explain to LHL that they try to let the gov do their job . He said, Is that not enough? Sounds so apologetic. Like an Approved Opposition party. Like a Politically Correct Opposition party.
I still suspicious why a ex-police inspector like SL would join Opposition and got away with it.
And SL father was working for PAP G.

Workers Party is a fake opposition.
WP is PAP (B) team

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]Chen Jiaxi Bernard[/h]<a class="uiLinkSubtle" href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152271293036625&set=a.485418621624.256579.530146624&type=1"><abbr title="Tuesday, August 26, 2014 at 11:48pm" data-utime="1409068112" class="timestamp livetimestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> near Tampines Estate, Singapore

With this, I end my journey as a postgraduate and the sharing of my experiences from acceptance to matriculation to graduation and now to an alumnus of the University of Oxford.

1919675_10152271293036625_2493826189439834023_n.jpg