• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]The Workers' Party[/h]Good morning residents of Punggol East. Swing by to grab your copy of the Hammer Newspaper if you're in the area!

11781795_1147700985246483_4937424748644630736_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

Secretary General of The Workers' Party Mr Low Thia Khiang addresses the media today, and indicated the party's interest in contesting in Marine Parade GRC, MacPherson SMC, as well as the areas WP has contested before.

"As a matter of principle, The Workers' Party will contest where we have contested before. In this case, Joo Chiat is being redrawn into Marine Parade. We don't want to disappoint voters in Joo Chiat. We want to offer them a choice again in this election."

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Workers' Party

"The 5 GRCs they will contest are Aljunied - a constituency they are defending, having wrested it from the People's Action Party in the 2011 GE - as well as Marine Parade, East Coast, Jalan Besar and Nee Soon, Ms Lim said.

The 5 SMCs where they will field a candidate are Hougang and Punggol East, where they are the incumbents, as well as Fengshan, MacPherson and Sengkang West."

Workers' Party will contest in 28 seats in upcoming General Election: Sylvia Lim
The 5 GRCs they will contest are Aljunied, Marine Parade, East Coast, Jalan Besar and Nee Soon, while the 5 SMCs where they will field a candidate are Hougang,...
channelnewsasia.com

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

I told Miss J that she is very filial and that it must be really difficult for her to play the role of the sole caretaker. To my surprise, Miss J replied “No, it is my privilege that I have my mother to love and to care for”. Every night, she would hug and kiss her mother before she goes to bed.

She said that whenever her brother’s children visit their grandmother, the grandchildren will do the same thing to their Ah-ma. She said that it is important for them to do this so that they will do the same thing for their own parents when their parents are old.

Miss J struggles with the finances. Her savings are mostly dried up. She tries not to ask for too much help from her siblings as they have their own family expenses. She has to buy adult diapers and to pay for all sorts of medicine that her mother requires. However, there was no trace of any bitterness in her. She said these as a matter of fact and ended by saying that this is what she wants to do as this is her mother. It is her privilege.

I was deeply moved and asked for permission to share her story. As she was narrating her story, the image of the recent viral video of a daughter beating up her mother and making her eat faeces and drink urine came to my mind. How did something go so wrong in that family, and how did Miss J find the strength to go through all these difficult daily duties with such a big heart?

May God bless people like Miss J for showing to the world what filial piety is.

A story to warm your heart

We conducted our first house visit yesterday since the release of the EBRC report. As usual, it was a tiring affair, going door to door. People were noticeably more interested to engage now that th...

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish to say that while I am generally an opposition supporter but I am also largely disappointed with the WP and PAP whose sole objective is only to play political games with each other at the expense of residents who are caught in a tug of war. The WP and its supporters who never fail to cry foul are not looking objectively at their own failings either. I can still understand if this was the case with the various government agencies and civil servants victimizing AHPETC but a Supreme Court Judge who is a neutral party is now calling 1 of my MPs a liar, a charge she dare not refute because she knows it is all true, period!

I had initially thought the PAP would do some soul searching and perhaps, repentance too with the loss of my constituency but this has proven not to be the case. I remembered Victor Lie proclaiming to a crowd of PAP conventioneers in 2012 that "the people must perceive they mean something to the PAP and the party must respond by sending in figures that are of "value" to wrest back the ward. But what have we witnessed instead? Dr Koh Poh Koon, Desmond Choo and Ong Ye Kung being transferred to safe wards, leaving unknown newbies to do battle with the incumbents. I feel this will become the turning point for the PAP of Aljunied in that they have lost this ward forever.

Not that the WP can feel comforted it has been doing a great job. On the contrary, they campaigned for a "first world parliament" but ended up mirroring the PAP instead, both in terms of their conservatism and line up. They have fielded graduates who have remained virtually silent on issues of accountability and transparency that matters most to the people. The initial hype leading to GE 2011 of Chen Show Mao has now proven to amount to nothing as he fades into becoming another yes man for party whip LTK and Sylvia. Chen has not spoken much and issues of his estate remains vexing, with no responses to email queries and maintainance/cleanliness remains a constant problem. Sure, Pritam and Sylvia did speak a little at first but were later cowed into submission with Pritam publicly admitting timidity when the ruling PAP clamped down on them. It did not take much effort for the PAP to do so as the WP was literally caught with their pants down.

All eyes are now on the SDP and SFP, equiped with well rounded people who are not afraid to speak up, have clear plans on estate management and running the economy as well. I can only hope that the people of Sembawang, Holland Bt Timah and Bt Panjang will give them a chance to enter parliament and take Khaw Boon Wan and Vivian to task for arrogance and lapses in their ministries. As for us at Aljunied, we have paid the ultimate price for 'democracy' which is as good as having no voice in parliament with the WP voting in harmony with PAP on most issues.

Chris Han
A.S.S. Contributor

Very true and well said, Chris Han.

WP, after 25 years as opposition did not get this clear answer from the Ruling Party,

Quest: What is the estimate cost of a unit/block of a HDB .....without factoring
in the Land Price as it is State Land meant for Citizens' Public Housing.

Can WP, after 25 years in Parliament demand answers to my qoestion in rallies relentlessly?
If you can't, pls disperse into the thin air. You don't deserve to be in Nomination.

Very true and well said, Chris Han.

WP, after 25 years as opposition did not get this clear answer from the Ruling Party,

Quest: What is the estimate cost of a unit/block of a HDB .....without factoring
in the Land Price as it is State Land meant for Citizens' Public Housing.

Can WP, after 25 years in Parliament demand answers to my qoestion in rallies relentlessly?
If you can't, pls disperse into the thin air. You don't deserve to be in Nomination.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you Huat n Huat, can you tell me which politician dare asked for
HDB breakdown price relentlessly? No one has the guts.
Do you hv the answer?

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you Huat n Huat, can you tell me which politician dare asked for
HDB breakdown price relentlessly? No one has the guts.
Do you hv the answer?

Huat and Huat username has got nothing to do with this forum nor politics :wink: Are you sick ? Do you need medicine ? Probably you should ask KHAW directly since he is still MND . But the thing is do you dare or does he dare to tell you the HDB Breakdown price ? What is the point of paying him so much salary ? And what have you contributed to this community other than posting broken English daily ? :rolleyes:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish to say that while I am generally an opposition supporter but .....
Chris Han
A.S.S. Contributor

Start sentence with '" i am a opposition supporter".....checked!

Then followed by "BUT".....checked!

Last then attack the opposition relentlessly for rest of the article...checked!

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
melzp is also one of them, Opposition. He is just pretending to be a pap supporter. But infact trying to discredit WP.

Only a loser behavior in this way..

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
melzp is also one of them, Opposition. He is just pretending to be a pap supporter. But infact trying to discredit WP.

Only a loser behavior in this way..

WP discredit themselves by the many. many recent fiascoes,
I dont hv to repeat them. WP need to be a growling/barking
Dog like me instead of taking Ahmad's driver job.
See the different political spirit ?

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP discredit themselves by the many. many recent fiascoes,
I dont hv to repeat them. WP need to be a growling/barking
Dog like me instead of taking Ahmad's driver job.
See the different political spirit ?

Anyway thanks for Supporting Opposition Party. Keep up your nice good work. :rolleyes:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I support anyone who has the moral political grit.
Not passengers or co-driver type; or even navigator.

You sound like EXPERT here. Why don't you give it a try and contest as independent candidate rather than wasting time discredit PAP or Opposition. Prove to us you are NOT useless young punk ! Come on ! :cool: