• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11888071_515367115288136_3355142066880000806_n.jpg

[h=5]Leon Perera shared The Workers' Party's photo.[/h]5 hrs ·

Enjoyed helping out with our regular food distribution program at Mr Chen Show Mao's Paya Lebar ward today, together with my fellow NCMP Dennis Tan and our wonderful team of volunteers. Whenever we give those in need a hand-up, we make Singapore stronger.

The Workers' Party with Chen Show Mao8 hrs ·

NCMP-elects [URL="https://www.facebook.com/Leon-Perera-515366291954885/"]Leon Perera
and Dennis Tan Lip Fong 陈立峰 were at the monthly food distribution at the Paya Lebar Division in Aljunied GRC. We also shared our position on the Hep C outbreak, and issues on haze and transport. Stay tuned!

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=6][URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/?fref=nf"]The Workers' Party
[/h]
"We do not feel that it is necessary or helpful to have a two-step process. We have had Committees of Inquiry in the past, for example the Little India riots and the MRT breakdowns and other previous committees where we have not had a non-COI committee to investigate and rule, and we wait for that first and then we move on to COI only dependent on the ruling of that non-COI committee.

We would rather, in the first instance, take the existing process that we have and strengthen it. In the interest of timeliness, in the interest of efficiency, we feel that that is the best approach. It's not our intent to undermine the current process or the current committee members as we have said we want to keep all of them, and we want to strengthen the process." Leon Perera

http://youtu.be/89EzP4rMvgM

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11888071_515367115288136_3355142066880000806_n.jpg

[h=6]Leon Perera shared The Workers' Party's photo.[/h]5 hrs ·

On the sidelines of our food distribution event today, we spoke to the media about our call for a COI on the Hepatitis C cluster at SGH. We asked the government to engage with our arguments for why a COI was preferable to a review committee in its current form. We said that, should the government do so, we would consider and engage with their views with an open mind. Minister Gan Kim Yong has responded on this today. He said that the review committee had been formed and police investigations are on-going, so it is best to review the findings before deciding next steps. While I thank the Minister for his response, I note that the government has still not engaged with our case for a COI. Unlike the current review committee, our COI proposal would include retired healthcare professionals (with one as co-chair) and would hold its deliberations in public wherever possible. For example, the SGH and MOH workflow relating to the extended time lapse from the discovery of the probable cluster to the public announcement is something that can be deliberated publicly, as it is not under police investigation. A COI would be more effective in defending public confidence in our healthcare system, as it would be seen as more independent from MOH and would be more transparent in its deliberations. The COIs for the 2011 MRT breakdowns and the 2013 Little India riot did not follow a two-step process with a committee first and then a COI later, only if deemed necessary by the first committee's findings. Reconstituting the current committee as a COI would create a more timely and efficient one-step process that is widely seen as independent and transparent. We have suggested this to strengthen public confidence in our healthcare system, not undermine it. We also stressed today that our proposal involves retaining all the current review committee members in the new COI, strengthening the team that is currently running the review. Going forward, we hope to have an opportunity to engage with the views of the government on our COI proposal. We should forge a public culture where important questions facing Singapore are debated seriously and respectfully, with all parties engaging with the arguments of others. In this way, the best ideas and solutions will emerge.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12144839_695423117259346_2157970696899192387_n.jpg

[h=5]The Workers' Party Volunteer Network shared Lee Li Lian 李丽连's album.[/h]21 hrs · Edited ·

Packets of food to make one a bit more full and a lot more loved this Deepavali, made sweeter by the goodwill of our sponsor and volunteers.

In celebration of Deepavali, Lee Li Lian and her Punggol East team decided to bring some light into the lives of residents once again this morning via their customary festive food distribution drive.

As volunteers, it's not just about our willingness to carry heavy items, go door-to-door and be an extra pair of hands. It's about the happiness radiating from residents' smiles and the cheery excitement in their children's eyes that make it all worthwhile.

+31

Lee Li Lian 李丽连 added 34 new photos to the album: 15-11-07: Deepavali Goodies Bags Distribution — in Singapore.Yesterday at 4:26pm ·

I was at PE this morning to distribute goodies bags to residents with our volunteers and sponsors. Apart from volunteers, sponsors are an integral part of the work we do. These sponsors have been with us since 2013 after the By Election. Even after I lost in the recent GE, they are willing to continue to support us as much as they can. I am truly touched and grateful to have such support. What is even more important is PE residents benefit from it.

Going forward, I hope that we can continue this tradition which we started in 2013, that is to give out goodies bags during every festive season. With that, I hope that we will be given permission to use this space for future goodies bags distribution.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Daniel Goh 吴佩松

I am a father again! For the next year, it means my days and nights are going to get very visceral; moving to the rhythm of baby's waking, feeding, burping, pooping, bathing, swathing, rocking (I'm already rocking instinctively in the picture!), sleeping; worrying about temperature, air, liquids, solids, mucus, colic cries; bonding with baby through bottle teats, burp cloths, soiled diapers and clinic panics. Cried tears of joy, hope I can sleep tonight. JL has a 弟弟 now and I am so proud of him for being so brave in confronting his feelings and already behaving as a big brother would. Two lovely boys; two incredible blessings of undeserved grace, what more can a mortal ask for, than to be a Dad for Life?

Our little angel had to stay in the hospital for a night because of sudden high fever and diarrhea. He is okay now, doing what babies do, sleeping peacefully in mummy's arms after milk and poop. The good nurses, doctors and staff at KKH did an excellent job to ease the experience for exhausted and anxious papa and mummy. Thank you!

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/?fref=nf"]The Workers' Party
[/h]
We hope everyone's enjoying the Festival of Lights today. Here's 10 things about Deepavali in Singapore that might surprise you.
http://www.wp.sg/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-d…/

10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Deepavali | The Workers' Party
10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Deepavali The Workers’ Party wishes all Hindus a Happy Deepavali and many good returns! Deepavali, or Diwali as the…
wp.sg

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/?fref=nf"]The Workers' Party
[/h]
The Workers' Party strongly condemns the heinous terrorist attacks in Paris, France last night.
We stand in agreement with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong that this is an attack on our shared humanity.
We would like to express our deepest condolences to the victims and their families, and to the people of France.
Daniel Goh 吴佩松
Chair, Media Team
The Workers' Party

The Workers’ Party Condemns Paris Attacks | The Workers' Party
The Workers’ Party strongly condemns the heinous terrorist attacks in Paris, France last night. We stand in agreement with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong that this is…
www.wp.sg

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5][URL="https://www.facebook.com/dennistanlipfong/?fref=nf"]Dennis Tan Lip Fong 陈立峰
[/h]
I am planning to have lunch with my colleague Leon Perera tomorrow, Monday 16 November, at the hawker centre at The Market Place@58, 58 New Upper Changi (This is across the road from Blk 184, Fengshan).

Do drop by and say hi or have a chat if you are passing by or lunching nearby.

I will be there from 1230 pm. We should be sitting near the Muslim stalls opposite Blk 57A and Blk 59. See you :smile:

(Photo: of us having lunch at Bedok during the GE :smile:

11252555_452281754980712_1835669058105989786_n.jpg

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=6][URL="https://www.facebook.com/Leon-Perera-515366291954885/"]Leon Perera
shared Dennis Tan Lip Fong 陈立峰's photo.[/h]

At around 12.30pm tomorrow, NCMP Dennis Tan and I will be having lunch at the hawker centre at The Market Place@58, 58 New Upper Changi Road, across the road from Blk 184, Fengshan. We will be joined by some of our volunteers. This hawker centre is well known to East Coast and Fengshan residents. Please drop by if you would like to have a chat with us. We should be sitting near the Muslim stalls opposite Blk 57A and Blk 59.

[/URL]

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Workers' Party strongly condemns the heinous terrorist attacks in Paris, France last night.
We stand in agreement with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong that this is an attack on our shared humanity.
We would like to express our deepest condolences to the victims and their families, and to the people of France.

The PM represents us all already as Head of Nation.
WP, you are not the Govt and pls you need not echo amd score political pts.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40190_149674681715790_2741543_n.jpg

[h=5]The Workers' Party shared 符策涫 Foo Seck Guan Kenneth's photo.[/h]November 16 at 7:59pm ·

Did you know members of the public can attend Parliamentary Sittings? Have you attended one before?

符策涫 Foo Seck Guan Kenneth

November 16 at 6:26pm · [URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/?fref=ts#"]Edited ·

Celebrating 50 years of parliament in Singapore.

I had the opportunity to attend an education tour of the Parliament House and know more about the history of the parliamentary process in Singapore.

1. Do you know how laws are made in Singapore?

2. Do you know which company made the first Speaker Chair for Parliament which was used till the day the Parliament House was shifted?

3. Do you know that Singaporeans can just walk in to listen to the parliamentary session held monthly?

Actually, more of such educational programmes should be made available to Singaporeans to increase their awareness of how the Singapore parliament and government works.

Thanks to all the staff from Parliament House for making the visit possible.

[/URL]

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
40190_149674681715790_2741543_n.jpg

[h=5]The Workers' Party via Pritam Singh[/h]Yesterday at 1:01pm · [URL="https://www.facebook.com/workersparty/?fref=ts#"]Edited ·

Do give direct feedback to your town council so that they can act in a timely fashion.
如果遇到需要关注的问题,请直接联络市镇理事会,以便他们能够及时处理。
‪#‎ahtc‬

See Translation

Letter to the Zaobao Forum - 18 Nov 2015 | AHTC
We refer to the Lianhe Zaobao YanLun article by Mr 陈福明 dated 16 Nov 2015. The Town Council has tried to look into the feedback listed by Mr 陈.
ahtc.sg

[/URL]

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My suggestions in green font:

Celebrating 50 years of The Parliament in Singapore.

I had the opportunity to attend an educational tour of the Parliament House and now, know more about the history of the parliamentary process in Singapore.

1. Do you know how laws are made in Singapore?

2. Do you know which company made the first Speaker Chair for the Parliament which was used till the day the Parliament House was moved?

3. Do you know that Singaporeans can just walk in to listen to the parliamentary session held monthly?

Actually, more of such educational programmes should be made available to Singaporeans to increase their awareness of how the Singapore Parliament and government works.

Thanks to all the staff from Parliament House for making the visit possible.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsien Loong: Opposition voices is shrill,
Singaporeans have entitled mentality, Western Democracies have weak leadership
By admin - November 20, 2015 433 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Photo of Lee Hsien Loong and Greg Sheridan from PMO website
In an interview with Australian media at the Istana, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong openly criticised the Singapore Opposition as having unbearable “shrill” voices, Singaporeans as having a “entitlement mentality” and also called the Western governments “weak” in leadership for failing to gather domestic consensus resulting in political gridlock.

“The gridlock common in Western governments is “partly a weakness of the leadership” and also a recognition that the (democratic) system is not delivering.

…It is not easy and it is very seductive for an opposition who’s just trawling for votes, to say, ‘Vote for me, I will reduce the taxes and soak the rich’. Fortunately, in this last election, some of the opposition pitches were so shrill that the population wisely took counsel and decided that there was a real risk”

Lee Hsien Loong also said that Singaporeans are lucky that his PAP government is able to deliver on its promises, and he also chided Singaporeans for having an “entitlement mentality”:

“People are not so poor. They think their government is not poor so they expect the government to do more for them. They’re not poor but they feel less well off relatively than others they can see in society. There is that relative sense that ‘I should get my entitlement’.”