• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Workers' Party

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

court reserves judgment on pm

WP's Snake-oil Salesman Con:
September 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm (Quote)
I hope the Judge would give due consideration to the FACT that there’s TREMENDOUS interest, both locally and internationally, for the case to be HEARD in OPEN COURT, and NOT summary judgment as demanded by Lee Hsien Loong. The FACT that Roy managed to raise the required amount to pay his defence counsel in record time is unprecedented and shows the citizen’s disdain and disgust for this ill-considered and politically motivated move to sue Roy.
I am glad to read the latest DEFENCE by Roy through his lawyer Ravi, as I personally believe that what Roy had posted and deemed defamatory by the PM was fair comment made on the basis of the repeated denial by the PM & relevant Ministers in their respective OFFICIAL capacities that our CPF monies were NEVER channeled to GIC/Temasek Holdings and MAS.
This has PROVEN to be FALSE, and therefore CAN BE CONSIDERED A LIE, when the DPM/Finance Minister has publicly admitted that monies from our CPF is indeed COMMINGLED with other sources of funds collected by the Government before channeling to GIC/TH/MAS for them to invest the monies.
There is in TRUST LAW, as was explained by Trust et al, that the returns from commingled funds should be EQUALLY proportioned to the various components of the commingled funds.
Any the record of the Singapore Court in so far as defamatory legal actions against the opponents (& potential opponents) of the E(V)IL REGIME has been rather disappointing, to say the least.
The most glaring case was the defamation suit by LKY & LHL against Chee Soon Juan
Don’t forget that the then Singapore’s HIGHEST COURT OF APPEAL, the Privy Council, had condemned the Singapore Courts up to the then local Court of Appeal, that the late JB Jeyaretnam was convicted of a CRIME did NOT commit and had suffered “GRIEVOUS INJUSTICE”.
The ABOMINATION of the E(V)IL REGIME in the said JB Jeyaretnam case is that the REGIME failed to recommend the President to PARDON JBJ.
Such ABOMINATION just underlies the E(V)IL nature of the E(V)IL REGIME.
Just to remind people that the (WAYANG) Workers’ Party & its MPs have been COMPLETELY SILENT on Roy’s case and has FAILED to substantively bring up the CPF issue in Parliament and on their website.
SHAME on the (WAYANG) WP & its MPs who are just FREE-LOADING on efforts made by netizens, esp on TRE.
Vote OUT the (WAYANG) Workers’ Party and the E(V)IL PAPies at the earliest elections.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=5]The Workers' Party[/h]
[h=1]Sylvia Lim at ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly 2014[/h]<abbr title="September 16, 2014" data-utime="1410840000">September 16</abbr> · · Taken in Vientiane, Laos

Sylvia Lim (MP for Aljunied GRC) arrived in Vientiane, Laos on Sun Sep 14 for the 35th General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, as part of Singapore's delegation led by Speaker Halimah Yacob. She took part in discussions of the committee of Women Parliamentarians on Monday Sep 15, ahead of the Inaugural Ceremony on Tuesday. The delegation of 15 Singapore MPs will be meeting their ASEAN counterparts for discussions on economic, political and social topics of regional interest throughout the week.

10703728_941933362489914_1947611618507328950_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
from TR Emeritius

court reserves judgment on pm

WP's Snake-oil Salesman Con:
September 19, 2014 at 4:46 pm (Quote)
I hope the Judge would give due consideration to the FACT that there’s TREMENDOUS interest, both locally and internationally, for the case to be HEARD in OPEN COURT, and NOT summary judgment as demanded by Lee Hsien Loong. The FACT that Roy managed to raise the required amount to pay his defence counsel in record time is unprecedented and shows the citizen’s disdain and disgust for this ill-considered and politically motivated move to sue Roy.
I am glad to read the latest DEFENCE by Roy through his lawyer Ravi, as I personally believe that what Roy had posted and deemed defamatory by the PM was fair comment made on the basis of the repeated denial by the PM & relevant Ministers in their respective OFFICIAL capacities that our CPF monies were NEVER channeled to GIC/Temasek Holdings and MAS.
This has PROVEN to be FALSE, and therefore CAN BE CONSIDERED A LIE, when the DPM/Finance Minister has publicly admitted that monies from our CPF is indeed COMMINGLED with other sources of funds collected by the Government before channeling to GIC/TH/MAS for them to invest the monies.
There is in TRUST LAW, as was explained by Trust et al, that the returns from commingled funds should be EQUALLY proportioned to the various components of the commingled funds.
Any the record of the Singapore Court in so far as defamatory legal actions against the opponents (& potential opponents) of the E(V)IL REGIME has been rather disappointing, to say the least.
The most glaring case was the defamation suit by LKY & LHL against Chee Soon Juan
Don’t forget that the then Singapore’s HIGHEST COURT OF APPEAL, the Privy Council, had condemned the Singapore Courts up to the then local Court of Appeal, that the late JB Jeyaretnam was convicted of a CRIME did NOT commit and had suffered “GRIEVOUS INJUSTICE”.
The ABOMINATION of the E(V)IL REGIME in the said JB Jeyaretnam case is that the REGIME failed to recommend the President to PARDON JBJ.
Such ABOMINATION just underlies the E(V)IL nature of the E(V)IL REGIME.
Just to remind people that the (WAYANG) Workers’ Party & its MPs have been COMPLETELY SILENT on Roy’s case and has FAILED to substantively bring up the CPF issue in Parliament and on their website.
SHAME on the (WAYANG) WP & its MPs who are just FREE-LOADING on efforts made by netizens, esp on TRE.
Vote OUT the (WAYANG) Workers’ Party and the E(V)IL PAPies at the earliest elections.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Earlier this afternoon, MP Faisal and his volunteers visited the various rental blocks in his ward to distribute Haze Starter Kits to needy households in his ward. MP Faisal has been working closely with Temasek Cares as part of their Emergency Preparedness Initiative to bring these kits to Kaki Bukit division. (Temasek Cares CLG Ltd is an Institution of a Public Character set up in 2009 to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Temasek Holdings). Each kit has three 3M N95 masks in it and each household that MP Faisal visits were given two sets to enable them to better cope with the haze situation whenever it arises. MP Faisal would like to register his thanks to his volunteers for taking time off their Saturday afternoon to help out in a meaningful national project.

10710675_765751923486024_2473238155196988031_n.jpg

10685442_765751966819353_1689780211203825286_n.jpg

10665053_765751986819351_939834817711769672_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
low should step down:
September 21, 2014 at 1:36 am (Quote)

WP is a silence party:
Opposition already given WP 3 years since GE11 and WP choosed to continue to be silence. Opposition cannot give WP another chance. In life how many 5-years can we wait? Either to throw LTK n SL out or to vote for another opposition party.

I feel like a fool now because I cheered myself hoarse during WP rallies in GE 2011.
WP the co driver has fallen asleep let alone slap the driver LOL.
LOW has never impressed me. He lacks dynamism. He should step down and let a more visionary and more energetic person lead WP.
Just my frank assessment. Won’t be attending any more WP rallies though I still wish them all the best.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

A stall holder taking a break in front of his cash register with a copy of a Hammer in tow. At another food court, a copy of the Hammer was found on top of a rice cooker. Smiles aplenty.

A few tables away, a father was busy helping his son take a photo of him reading his Hammer. The same shot was taken a few times to ensure the best outcome. Giggles aplenty.

The best photos of the day have to be this cute little boy flipping through a copy of the Hammer his parents had earlier bought. Captivated by the colours and photos he took more than an extra wink. Little did he know that a stock photo of Mr. Low is staring right at him. Way ahead of his time, I say with much gladness.

Ahh, the sights and sounds of the grassroots. The experience of selling a political newspaper. It isn't boring at all.

& the friendships made - Priceless.

10614169_10152319545296625_8385202399567133290_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
low should step down:

WP is a silence party:
Opposition already given WP 3 years since GE11 and WP choosed to continue to be silence. Opposition cannot give WP another chance. In life how many 5-years can we wait? Either to throw LTK n SL out or to vote for another opposition party.

I feel like a fool now because I cheered myself hoarse during WP rallies in GE 2011.
LOW has never impressed me. He lacks dynamism. He should step down and let a more visionary and more energetic person lead WP.
Just my frank assessment. Won’t be attending any more WP rallies though I still wish them all the best.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

A stall holder taking a break in front of his cash register with a copy of a Hammer in tow. At another food court, a copy of the Hammer was found on top of a rice cooker. Smiles aplenty.

A few tables away, a father was busy helping his son take a photo of him reading his Hammer. The same shot was taken a few times to ensure the best outcome. Giggles aplenty.

The best photos of the day have to be this cute little boy flipping through a copy of the Hammer his parents had earlier bought. Captivated by the colours and photos he took more than an extra wink. Little did he know that a stock photo of Mr. Low is staring right at him. Way ahead of his time, I say with much gladness.

Ahh, the sights and sounds of the grassroots. The experience of selling a political newspaper. It isn't boring at all.

10430863_10152319545221625_3122531290514489704_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
low should step down:

WP is a silence party:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chen Jiaxi Bernard

1604418_10152319545336625_2519700224257631795_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yee Jenn Jong, JJ (余振忠)

I attended the ICAPP 8th General Assembly held in Sri Lanka from 18-21 September with 2 colleagues from WP Youth Wing. Also from Singapore were representatives from the Singapore People’s Party. The event provided an interesting exchange of ideas with some 300 politicians from the ruling and opposition parties of around 30 countries. Asia has very diverse cultures, religions, geographies, ideologies, types of governments and state of economic developments.

Throughout the proceedings, many speakers including myself had referred to the Asian century. As I listened to the optimism and occasional words of caution sounded by the speakers of the enormous potential of Asia, I was reminded of a discussion during my General Paper (GP) tutorial class in college over 30 years ago. The topic then was about Africa. After World World II, there were many countries that were gaining independence. Africa was exuberating with confidence as their resource-rich countries broke away from their colonial master. Sadly, with wars and mismanagement, the huge potential of Africa did not materialise, perhaps not yet. Asia is now indeed racing ahead with many of its huge economies on the rise. However, political leaders must guard against terrorism, internal and external conflicts and narrow-minded policies that can tear a country apart.

Building an Asian Community: Promoting Peaceful Developments and Embracing Political Diversity
yeejj.wordpress.com

The following is my speech delivered on 19 September 2014 at the International Conference of Asian Political Parties, 8th General Assembly at Colombo, Sri Lanka....

Last edited:

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is a silence party:
September 23, 2014 at 4:43 pm (Quote)
WP won Hougang, Aljunied GRC and PE beocs majority of these residence want an opposition party esp there already at least 20% hard die opposition votes before the game.
What had WP done since GE2011?????
WP is a silence party party and also PAP ‘B’ team
I predicted at least 10% of these voters already see WP is a wayang and hopeless party and will vote against again for WP in GE16.
Any differences after WP MPs been elected. Nothing difference and WP is wasting time asking father, mother stories.
WP never put hard questions to their PAP members.
WP supported CPF min sum withdrawal at 65.
When PM ask LTK simple and straight answer about Mas, Ah Qua Low just walk off and sit silently.
Do opposition still want this type of silence and timid opposition ????
Void wisely for a true and real opposition and to fight against PAP and WP.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

10551056_10152319545531625_3931501723608272983_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
14 September 2014 marks the second anniversary of Kaki Bukit division longest running grassroots event, Dance-to-Bond. This initiative first started in 2012 when Helen, the dancing instructor approached MP Faisal seeking his assistance to provide a venue for a free weekly line dancing program for residents. After some discussions and a feasibility check on the recommended site, it was started and ran wholly on the initiative of Helen and a group of residents in Kaki Bukit division. And so for the past 104 weeks, on Friday evenings residents and their friends have been using the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3 for their weekly line-dancing sessions. Many residents started off two years ago not knowing any steps but with the assistance of resident teacher/ instructor Helen, you can find many of them grooving to the music week-in, week-out. Every year, during the Teachers' Day period, MP Faisal would make it a point to hand deliver a gift to Helen to thank her for the time and efforts spent in hosting and guiding fellow residents and their friends. The venue is made free of charge to them and the sessions are made available free to all who are interested. Helen's birthday happens to fall on the month of September and her students would cook up a feast to show their gratitude towards her. Two years on and this ground-up initiative is still going strong! Kudos to all involved. You can really feel the strong bond and community spirit among this growing group of line-dancing students/ enthusiasts. Every week, at Kaki Bukit.

Dance-to-Bond is on every Friday evenings, 8pm at the pavilion besides Block 508, Bedok North Avenue 3.

10672392_762608140467069_4842571878628791624_n.jpg

10527784_762608187133731_4294388732519642810_n.jpg

10678750_762608233800393_2198757767388358893_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A stall holder having a quick read before the next customer. At another food court, a copy of the Hammer was found on top of a rice cooker. Smiles aplenty.

10639460_10152319545446625_4416700107342870873_n.jpg

10624561_10152319545481625_7475558536454109182_n.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Attended the 85th anniversary dinner of Teochew Poit Ip Huay Kuan at RWS last night. It was then that I realised we have quite a number of Teochews in Parliament

昨晚和刘程强先生一同参加新加坡潮州八邑会馆八十五周年的晚宴。在场有许多“自己人”,主办单位也准备了许多回味无穷的潮州节目。最能够勾起我回忆的就是王沙,野峰的经典潮州表演。最难得的就是我竟然遇见了大名鼎鼎的作家,容子:)

10417439_703370339751476_4260339203126423010_n.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP always a silence party:
September 28, 2014 at 10:17 am (Quote)
Stop dreaming of WP to pass comments on their PAP brothers.
WP is PAP ‘B’ team.
WP is a completely blackout opposition party inside the parliament.
WP only ask father, mother and grandfather stories not our CPF withdrawal at 55. WP agreed with PAP to have CPF min sum withdrawal at 65.
WP supported MDA to ban ‘To Singapore with Love’ otherwise where are their voices ????
WP under LTK and SL will not prosper further as both are timid and will not offend their PAP brothers.
WP is a wayang opposition party and WP MPs just to protect their 16k monthly allowance.
WP is a useless and hopeless opposition party.
Even RN and HHH speaks for Singaporeans.
WP MPs have no balls.
Having WP MPs inside parliament is like having no opposition party at all.
Vote wisely GE2016 and throw out WP and PAP.

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=5]Daniel PS Goh[/h]
This book just published!

Terence Chong and I have a chapter on "Asian Pentecostalism: Revivals, Mega-Churches, and Social Engagement" in it. I am looking forward to reading my author's copy, especially chapters on the invention of religions and popular religions.

It is prohibitively expensive, but you can recommend it to the library for purchase and then chope to read. If you would like to read our chapter, I could share the pre-edited proof -- PM me.

Routledge Handbook of Religions in Asia (Hardback) - Routledge
[url]www.routledge.com

The Routledge Handbook of Religions in Asia provides a contemporary and comprehensive overview of religion in contemporary Asia. Compiled and introduced by Bryan S. Turner and Oscar Salemink, the Handbook contains specially written chapters...

[/URL]

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sackpmlee:
September 28, 2014 at 11:01 am (Quote)
@
WP always a silence party
Sadly I agree with you.
Low has to step down since he lacks the energy, vision and courage,
Most Chinese educated in SG are very conservative and deferential to PAP. I’m not surprised by Low’s low profile.