• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Wow, everyone here loves Seah Kian Peng

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.parliament.gov.sg/mp/seah-kian-peng

Give and take, not 'principled' approach
From Seah Kian Peng Member of Parliament, Marine Parade GRC
04:45 AM Nov 02, 2012
Parking issues in private estates are common. I have helped mediate these and have conducted various dialogues with my residents in private estates for various streets. They are time consuming and require effort and cooperation by all parties.

Ms Yolanda Chin, who lives near the eateries and wrote "Inconsistent parking enforcement" (Oct 31), had approached me previously about noise and traffic issues. I asked the eateries to cooperate and ensure their patrons observe the rules.

I also asked for enforcement to be stepped up during busy periods, when there was indiscriminate parking in the area. Residents have told me that things have since improved.

The garden party on the day in question, from 4pm to 6pm on a Saturday, was to celebrate the completion of an estate upgrading project in Ms Chin's estate. All its residents were invited.

As I was driving there, I saw an enforcement officer about to book some cars; I stopped and told him that many residents would be at the party and, unless their cars were obstructing traffic, to apply a light touch and not issue any summons.

This was not the peak period, the cars were parked in an orderly manner and I do not think there were any public safety issues as Ms Chin stated.

I am an advocate that everyone, resident or not, should be reasonable and considerate, with a give and take approach.

All are neighbours there, and when one starts to adopt an uncompromising or unneighbourly approach, such behaviour normally spreads.

It then becomes a lose-lose situation. Most importantly, it destroys the neighbourly spirit in any community.

There will always be some residents who insist that there be constant enforcement, regardless of circumstances. I am against such a "principled" approach for such matters.

I take heart that in two streets in my estate where such disputes used to occur, things have improved following a series of mediation and consensus building among residents.

They have adopted their own ground rules and determination to solve matters internally and to call the enforcement agency only as a last resort.

It has worked well, and the neighbourhood is more peaceful and cordial now.

Back to the garden party: As it was raining heavily from 5.30pm, most residents and cars had already left by then. I hope this letter puts things in the right perspective.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The powerful MP that can give orders to traffic enforcers

SKP to Traffic Wardens: These are not the cars you are looking for move along, move along.

SKP to police: These are not dead people shot here. Move along, move along.

SKP to citizens: There are not the taxypayer funds (burp) you need to be looking at. Move along, move along.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My questions, those cars have parked illegally or not?

If no, then SKP got say as good as no say.

If illegal parking, who the fxxk is SKP to obstruct a public servant to execute his/her job?

Next time what? Funeral, weddings, birthdays etc, suka suka park as long as orderly and never obstruct is OK?

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If illegal parking, who the fxxk is SKP to obstruct a public servant to execute his/her job?

Next time what? Funeral, weddings, birthdays etc, suka suka park as along as orderly and never obstruct is OK?

Of course, illegal. He admitted he intervened. Warden going to write summon, you say illegal or practicing note taking?

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Next time what? Funeral, weddings, birthdays etc, suka suka park as along as orderly and never obstruct is OK?

Answer = Illegal parking. But SKP say no need to summon them.Ask the traffic warden to move along :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I was driving there, I saw an enforcement officer about to book some cars; I stopped and told him that many residents would be at the party and, unless their cars were obstructing traffic, to apply a light touch and not issue any summons.

This is the first sign of administrative decay.

Uniformed officers enforce the law. They are not supposed to exercise judgments or use gut feel. What's next? Don't arrest a murderer because he's rich? This was not the country I grew up in. What's happening?

Tell illegal parkers to FO or book them. Then let them appeal to LTA if they think they have a case to fight!

DelphiGOD

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seah Kian Peng dare not face-off with Nicole Seah at Marine Parade.
When one Seah sees the other, the one with balls turn out balless and went the other way.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since those parking are illegal, then isn't SKP obstructing a public servant in executing his/her task?

That is a criminal offence in Singapore, isn't it?

Last edited:

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since those parking are illegal, then isn't SKP obstructing a public servant in executing his/her task?

That is a criminal offence in Singapore, isn't it?

Go ask ST and LTA lor. SKP defence on his fb is must be flexible mah. SKP should have approach LTA, not warden.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the first sign of administrative decay.

Uniformed officers enforce the law. They are not supposed to exercise judgments or use gut feel. What's next? Don't arrest a murderer because he's rich? This was not the country I grew up in. What's happening?

Tell illegal parkers to FO or book them. Then let them appeal to LTA if they think they have a case to fight!

You are a man of law. That is the correct procedure. Next time if you want a murder cover up, you know who to ask. Bend the law mah, have a kit kat mah. Oppo MP try to do see how.

jw5

Loyal
who is Seah Kian Peng? :confused::confused::confused:

He is the CEO of NTUC Fairprice.
One of the MPs in Marine Parade GRC.
The guy who took over the mantle of updating the Parents Maintenance Act from Sam Tan. (who was of course previously from Tanjong Pagar GRC and who is now an MP in an SMC and a ministar of state)

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He is the CEO of NTUC Fairprice.
One of the MPs in Marine Parade GRC.
The guy who took over the mantle of updating the Parents Maintenance Act from Sam Tan. (who was of course previously from Tanjong Pagar GRC and who is now an MP in an SMC and a ministar of state)

Then he should know the law better.

He is from Marine Parade GRC? So glad I voted for Nicole Seah...

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another thing, who the fxxk is he to give instructions to parking warden? He is Head of Cisco or Minister for Home Affairs?

He didn't even request. He said he TOLD!!!!

Last edited: