• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iphone loses number 1 position

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at the Google Nexus phone 2,,its being manufactured by LG. Google could easily use motorola to manufacture or at least use motorola as a test bed for google,,but dont see anything happening yet. Maybe google just want to sell services and not bother going into manufacturing,,

This quarter Google reported a loss of $$$. Not too surprising as they spent $12.5 billion buying Motorola. I know that Google has money in the bank, but if they keep buying loss making companies they will soon be history.

I know that some dislike Apple, but Apple IS still a profitable company. It might not be enough to satisfy some analysts OR I suspect many of these analysts know this & are trying to influence the stock market:wink:

By next year I wouldn't be surprised when the price of APPL is back up again & these "analysts" are making a killing selling APPL shares:smile:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Google bought Motorola for its patents. By next year, they may be able to produced their own phones after successfully passed all acquisition requirements set by US & EU.

Windows Phones will eat into RIM and iPhone market shares.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Google bought Motorola for its patents. By next year, they may be able to produced their own phones after successfully passed all acquisition requirements set by US & EU.

If that happens then it will be Google vs Samsung:eek:

Should Samsung & all the other android phone makers be concerned about Google as a competitor :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a an interesting story. A decade ago, Motorola was establishing a few labs around the world and recruiting the best and the brightest graduates from the best schools around the world. I met one of them - 1st class honours and a string of accolades for Engineering. The team in this particular city was small but it was tight knit. They were the super geeks and going to deliver the next big thing in telephony. All the labs were linked. On weekends, they would go sailing in the boss's sail boat.

They had everything from reliability and known track record. But they forgot one thing - design. 2 years later their world collapsed.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having Google developed phones and tablets will set standard for manufacturers and prevent them from producing trash like in Windows Mobile era.

Microsoft is beginning to produce hardware now. If everything goes well, we'll see Android and Windows Phone grabbing most market share.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dislike Apple, but apple in its existence is good for consumers as it will force its competitors to innovate and consumers will benefit.

Apple has alot of innovations like the new technology involved in Iphone5 where it integrated its touchscreen sensors allowing the phone to be thinner.

Galaxy S3 and soon the S4 will challenge the iPhone5 hence giving us more choices,,the problem with APple is its holier than thou, PAP type business attitude,,u take it cos I say its good etc,,and please steve jobs is not infallible, he did condemn the smaller ipad but now even apple have to take notice that there is market for the ipad mini,,,

The thing is Apple is profitable as the macnuts are willing to pay a premium for its products,,however this might soon change as its competitors are getting better,,also Samsung is very profitable thanks to its galaxy phones,,

Some macnuts I know have gotten the samsung galaxy S3 and its impressed with it.

So I believe that the beginning of the end of apple is here,,,it may take years but in the technology world time flies fast. If Apple plays tricks like it did with the Iphone4S, to extend its product life cycle and use the same parts again,,and come out with the iphone 5S next year,,than its another nail in the APple coffin.

just my rants

HTML:

Because you have got dyslexia. I've got it too. No kidding. But I think yours is a bit more serious than mine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyslexia

This quarter Google reported a loss of $$$. Not too surprising as they spent $12.5 billion buying Motorola. I know that Google has money in the bank, but if they keep buying loss making companies they will soon be history.

I know that some dislike Apple, but Apple IS still a profitable company. It might not be enough to satisfy some analysts OR I suspect many of these analysts know this & are trying to influence the stock market:wink:

By next year I wouldn't be surprised when the price of APPL is back up again & these "analysts" are making a killing selling APPL shares:smile:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha ha ha..........I always support SAMSUNG. Never own/buy Apple product.
I always laughing Apple user stupid from day 1.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So I believe that the beginning of the end of apple is here,,,it may take years but in the technology world time flies fast. If Apple plays tricks like it did with the Iphone4S, to extend its product life cycle and use the same parts again,,and come out with the iphone 5S next year,,than its another nail in the APple coffin.

just my rants

I still remember when the PC scene stagnated because MS dominated the market. Nowadays if you want to check on the PC market just go to Sim Lim & look at what they are selling, mostly phone accessories & Apple HW & accessories

The industry needs an Apple to lead the way. The Korean & Chinese companies can copy & make cheaper products but I doubt they spend much on research.

I'm putting my money on Apple to continue to lead. However if there is a better alternative I am of course interested because nowadays I'm as interested in making $$$ as well as good HW :smile:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have used both iPhone 3g, 4s and Samsung galaxy 1, 2, 3 through the last three years. My take is that apple has been complacent and can't seem to break out of its obsessive need to be idiot proof.

On the other hand, Samsung/google has been more daring to push the envelop and the customizability is superb by android 4, but the flexibility can be daunting for IT idiots.

Nowadays, iPhone users are more likely to be IT idiots because these are the target customers. By 2014, I'll bet that most students will not want to be seen with iPhone because it is a status symbol for being weak in IT.

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Android, every freaking data is stored on the cloud and you can copy back and fro. That's the selling point you don't see on other platform one year ago.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But Iphone is still keeping its I position which is still number compared to Samsung which is S position.

Singapo

What is RIM? never heard of that. Android will be more popular considering the fact that PC market is still bigger than iMacs.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have used both iPhone 3g, 4s and Samsung galaxy 1, 2, 3 through the last three years. My take is that apple has been complacent and can't seem to break out of its obsessive need to be idiot proof.

On the other hand, Samsung/google has been more daring to push the envelop and the customizability is superb by android 4, but the flexibility can be daunting for IT idiots.

Nowadays, iPhone users are more likely to be IT idiots because these are the target customers. By 2014, I'll bet that most students will not want to be seen with iPhone because it is a status symbol for being weak in IT.
Spot on. Currently using both IP4 and S3 (both handed over to me by owner who upgraded :smile:). Iphone is for the non-IT savvy folks like me. S3 which has a bigger screen is much more complicated and took awhile to get used to it. One application that is available to both IP and S3 is Google Translate. The S3 version offer much more than the IP version.

And frankly speaking, the main applications I used other than the phones itselves are chat applications and Google translate and occasionally Google Maps. Other than these, a normal Nokia phone will do just fine for me.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
And frankly speaking, the main applications I used other than the phones itselves are chat applications and Google translate and occasionally Google Maps. Other than these, a normal Nokia phone will do just fine for me.

Viper and Whatsapp are great reasons to dump the old nokia or motorola. These are great for overseas free sms. Skype call is also very important.

I use google maps a lot, both when I am in Singapore as well as travelling. Last time I used my nokia E71 map function. Scolling through the map was such a pain.

S3 now is my default internet interface. I use it even at home to do simple internet search like checking stock indices, taxi booking, bus arrival times, checking air tix etc. Only for more complex work then I reluctantly switch to laptop. Don't think the tiny iphone screen can match the S3 in maps and internet usability.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Android, every freaking data is stored on the cloud and you can copy back and fro. That's the selling point you don't see on other platform one year ago.

With Android, one purchase from Playstore can be used on all my Google phones and tablets.