• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WARNING - Mutton & Beef mixed in Little India

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Watching Singapore Tonight in CNA. Authorities acted on consumer's complaints found shop mixed beef with mutton passing off as mutton because beef is much cheaper than mutton.

They found Ah Neh's (muslim ah neh) shop cheating and Ah Neh (hindu ah neh) complain. Its Ah Neh against Ah Neh. I think also no good for Buddhists because Buddhists also cannot makan beef.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are obviously not a Wendy's fan:smile:

[video=youtube;Ug75diEyiA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0[/video]

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
What would have happened if supermarkets passed off pork as halal beef? Riots for sure.
The Indian Muslims behind the scam have no qualms about cheating Hindus and Buddhists. To them making money at any cost is all that matters. If you all can remember, a few years ago another unscrupulous Indian Muslim sold Indian rojak in Geylang and one (or 2?) died. Even the beriyani restaurants in North Bridge Road were charged with selling cooked beef as mutton some years back. Beef is anathema to Hindus and Buddhists and yet these Muslims are playing with fire. Are they doing it deliberately to create unrest? ISD should step in.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watching Singapore Tonight in CNA. Authorities acted on consumer's complaints found shop mixed beef with mutton passing off as mutton because beef is much cheaper than mutton.

They found Ah Neh's (muslim ah neh) shop cheating and Ah Neh (hindu ah neh) complain. Its Ah Neh against Ah Neh. I think also no good for Buddhists because Buddhists also cannot makan beef.

first time heard beef cheaper than mutton. i always tot it the other way round.

joe, u live so many years in thailand so do the thai eat beef?

buddhists dont eat beef was a wrong concept. if really buddhist, shd have be vegetarian.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
first time heard beef cheaper than mutton. i always tot it the other way round.

joe, u live so many years in thailand so do the thai eat beef?

buddhists dont eat beef was a wrong concept. if really buddhist, shd have be vegetarian.

In the CNA report by the reporter on scene she said that beef in Singapore costs $8/kg while mutton can be $12 to $20 per kg. I remembered clearly the numbers however I think its too cheap for beef and mutton in Singapore.

Beef is a big thing in Thailand especially Thai Beef Noodles like this

beef_noodle17213507_std.jpg

Some Thais don't eat beef and I've asked its not so much Buddhism but more like they pray to Kuan Yin and some say this animal poor thing work so hard to produce rice etc but its more like buffalo rather than cows.

You talked about Thia Buddhism, its very different from Singapore's (I only mention Singapore and Thai here because I cannot comment about other places as I don't live there). Monks in Thailand are supposed to eat anything (including meat) people give as they are not allowed to prepare food, meaning if no one give them alms they will go hungry.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What would have happened if supermarkets passed off pork as halal beef? Riots for sure.
The Indian Muslims behind the scam have no qualms about cheating Hindus and Buddhists. To them making money at any cost is all that matters. If you all can remember, a few years ago another unscrupulous Indian Muslim sold Indian rojak in Geylang and one (or 2?) died. Even the beriyani restaurants in North Bridge Road were charged with selling cooked beef as mutton some years back. Beef is anathema to Hindus and Buddhists and yet these Muslims are playing with fire. Are they doing it deliberately to create unrest? ISD should step in.

You actually brought up a good point, Ah Neh Muslims and Malay Muslims both are Muslims but these things seem to only come from Ah Neh Muslims, so the problem is definitely race and not religion.